Champion Spotlight - Hulk (Immortal)

Comments

• TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 981 ★★★★
    I soloed cavalier Immortal Abomination with my iHulk numerous times. The unblockable/fury from the node in that fight made iHulk feel really nice to play. Being that aggressive with him was extremely fun. Then I went back to normal fights and was stuck with enemies turtling for 100000 hours :tongue:

Might consider a shortened version of that node for his base kit?
  • TripleBTripleB Posts: 136
    Sooo are we getting a tweak to his abilities or not?
  • LunaeLunae Posts: 371 ★★★
    When is everyone triggering their damage rotation? From playing him more his strongest match is his 2nd fight and those after, unless you can build up enough rage to drop him low enough in the 1st fight, but his Hell and Back synergy can compensate for that if needed.

If you can get him as near to his immortality his unblockable takes care of any issues regarding defensive ais so extending his rage duration would be nice, but seems less necessary if you just use his unblockable to build up the rage stacks before starting his damage rotation. Its also nice because you don't have to worry about any block damage. You also get the most damage out of him this way which is pretty insane.

If you end the fight at 1% its really no big deal because again his unblockable at the start off the next fight will let you build up rage stacks quickly which convent into a good chunk of health. While its nice to regen back to 100% health, you really only want him under 75% because with anything higher its harder to get his health low enough in time without getting lucky on the rage stacks. You can also just avoid going immortal by only using his medium 1 attack, light hits, playing carefully and building to his sp2 then going immortal and starting his cycle. The thing I'm getting the most out of Hulk is that its important being able to adapt to whatever phase he's in for whatever you need and knowing how far to push him and when, which is fascinating to his character because he requires self control.
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,120 ★★★★
    Loving the feedback on Ihulk. I been playing like most of you MLLL and MLM to get maximum rage and a gamma build up to set me up for healing.
  • TripleBTripleB Posts: 136
    @Texas_11 while immortality is on cooldown and you're at 1 percent health, if you use the gamma charges to continuously beat into your health it will add it to your radiation, allowing you to heal back up to full. It's risky but the pay off is worth it.
  • FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 1,280 ★★★★
    Texas_11 said:

Loving the feedback on Ihulk. I been playing like most of you MLLL and MLM to get maximum rage and a gamma build up to set me up for healing.

This guy gets it
    Awakened and put in all my saved sig stones into him today. Took him to R3 as well. I know, not the smartest uses of my resources but I love Hulk and love the champ. Here's hoping the team is looking at the data and will make just a few more tweaks soon-ish...maybe that's why his Deep Dive hasn't been released?

Why does Rage's direct physical damage count as a damage over time effect?

I was testing him out in 6.4 against "Gimme" to see how his immortality regen interacts with that node (it was a pretty nice interaction btw).

A component of Gimme is that enemies take no damage from Damage over time effects. iHulk's rage damage is described as "a burst of Physical Damage for each RAGE stack." So shouldn't that not be classified as a DoT ability?
    I was exploring epic difficulty of the side quest with my boy and testing out the Dorm synergy. I noticed that I was ending multiple fights after entering immortality but before the 8 seconds were up. This resulted in me starting like the 4th fight with 0 gamma radiation and only 1 health :disappointed: . SInce I had suicides active at the time, I bled out instantly. I realize that I could just wait the time out and heal back up in an earlier fight when I still had gamma radiation, but backing out from a fight seems sort of anti-Hulk to me. Maybe the 15 gamma radiation from entering immortality can be refunded if you end the fight while still in the immortality state?

I was exploring epic difficulty of the side quest with my boy and testing out the Dorm synergy. I noticed that I was ending multiple fights after entering immortality but before the 8 seconds were up. This resulted in me starting like the 4th fight with 0 gamma radiation and only 1 health :disappointed: . SInce I had suicides active at the time, I bled out instantly. I realize that I could just wait the time out and heal back up in an earlier fight when I still had gamma radiation, but backing out from a fight seems sort of anti-Hulk to me. Maybe the 15 gamma radiation from entering immortality can be refunded if you end the fight while still in the immortality state?

This has happened many times to me. I’ve learned to manage him a little better. With the rage timer paused on opponent specials he’s worlds better.
  • Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,388 ★★★★
    He should regen 10-15% every fight he enters and his rage timer should be longer and he would be solid.

This has happened many times to me. I’ve learned to manage him a little better. With the rage timer paused on opponent specials he’s worlds better.
    Yea, outside of that one quest I make sure to never let this happen. It just seems weird to me that he can be punished from match to match for playing him aggressively in his unblockable phase.
  • HenriqueSCCPHenriqueSCCP Posts: 199
    This Hulk Immortal, from what I saw of the Youtubers, he is a champion that nobody will practically use, mainly in AW and in defense, he is weak, bad for attack and defense too.
    Kabam has appealed too much to Cosmic Ghost Rider, is a Beyonder level champion, while Hulk Immortal is a failure.
    Among the Classic Hulk, Ragnarok and Immortal, the best is Ragnarok, he is not a champion that hits hard, but he has a lot of use, the Classic and Immortal are useless, the Classic can be understood, because he is a very old champion.
  • TheMoTheMo Posts: 7
    i have Immortal Hulk as a 6star i really love to play with him, i love his animations. But he is the strongest version of the Hulk and he's so damn powerful. so i think Kabam should rally buff this guy, it's quite unrealistic when you compare how strong he is in real life.
  • RZRBLADZRZRBLADZ Posts: 54
    Super disappointing Champ. I was lucky to pull him twice as a 5* and honestly he's a dud! We got it right finally with Magneto but how is Immortal Hulk not an immediate GOD TIER CHAMP. He's a beast in the movies but in the game shehulk is better. Come Kabam this guy should dish more out damage than most and have some the highest health in the game yet being the best tank overall. Just my thoughts.
    RZRBLADZ said:

Super disappointing Champ. I was lucky to pull him twice as a 5* and honestly he's a dud! We got it right finally with Magneto but how is Immortal Hulk not an immediate GOD TIER CHAMP. He's a beast in the movies but in the game shehulk is better. Come Kabam this guy should dish more out damage than most and have some the highest health in the game yet being the best tank overall. Just my thoughts.

He has one of the highest health pools in the game. If not the highest
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,356 ★★★★★

RZRBLADZ said:

I believe he is second to Sasquatch, but he is a tanky champ. Massive healthpool.
  • TheMoTheMo Posts: 7
    Imortal hulk still needs a big buff,like a Fury and irresistible, unstoppable and he must also be able to block irresistible attacks. and he must gain Gamma Radiation easier and the Immortality couldown should be 40 or 35 seconds.
    these are just tips for kabam. ;)

RZRBLADZ said:

I agree but I guess I was on a rant...lol.
    Crcrcrc said:

RZRBLADZ said:

I believe he is second to Sasquatch, but he is a tanky champ. Massive healthpool.
    He does but I have an awakened Sas and he does more damage and quicker.

Imortal hulk still needs a big buff,like a Fury and irresistible, unstoppable and he must also be able to block irresistible attacks. and he must gain Gamma Radiation easier and the Immortality couldown should be 40 or 35 seconds.
    these are just tips for kabam. ;)

Good call. He was just really disappointing considering they had the chance to make him great. Oh well. Bench rider I guess.
    Since I'm new to having him and really like the champs mechanics...how do you play him effectively
    then?
  • LunaeLunae Posts: 371 ★★★
    RZRBLADZ said:

Since I'm new to having him and really like the champs mechanics...how do you play him effectively
    then?

There really isn’t one way to play him. As far as I can tell his play style mainly revolves around how you use his phases, his phases being pre immortal, immortal and post immortal.

Depending on how beefy the opponent is it might be a good idea to go full damage or to throttle it a bit. The main thing being to make sure that if you do go full damage the fight is over before his rotation ends, otherwise your potentially stuck at 1% health for the entirety of his post immortal phase, which would be the worst place to be.

If one damage rotation isn’t enough to end the fight, stop and drop his rage stacks so you leave a little bit of health as a buffer to restart his rotation. Once your in his rotation he really does become a relativity safe champion to use despite how low his health is, contrary to what most players would have you believe. I well say the chance to stun on his special 1 should be greater though.

I really wish they’d release his deep dive already. Kabam has some seriously “splaining to do” when they release a champion like this, other wise they have no reason not to expect the backlash. I can’t help, but feel bad for the designers having their work and vision completely maligned by the community, but what else is to be expected if they’re not giving the opportunity to defend or explain the reasonings behind their design choices.
    100% explored chapter 1 of act 7 earlier today and it's time for me to a little bit of crow.

My R3 iHulk absolutely destroyed a good 25%-30% of the fights. This includes solos on a few bosses and dealing majority damage (50%-75%) to a few bosses. The big reason he was so good in act 7 (compared to act 6) was definitely due to the nodes. So many of the nodes were so beneficial to him. If this is the kind of stuff we can expect going forward with the rest of act 7, then I'm even happier that I took my iHulk to R3.

He definitely still needs a few tweaks IMO, albeit maybe not as many as my earlier overly zealous posts suggested.

Change I think he definitely needs:
    His SP1 should have a base 75% stun chance which increases by 1% for each rage stack. (so it maxes at 100% stun chance when you have hit max rage stacks).

Change I think would greatly benefit his gameplay but not necessary:
    Taunt feature tied to his rage stacks. Similar to She-Hulk.

Obviously, I'd also like him to receive a number of other tweaks/additions, but that's due to me being a lifelong Hulk fan and not tied to iHulk's performance.

100% explored chapter 1 of act 7 earlier today and it's time for me to a little bit of crow.

My R3 iHulk absolutely destroyed a good 25%-30% of the fights. This includes solos on a few bosses and dealing majority damage (50%-75%) to a few bosses. The big reason he was so good in act 7 (compared to act 6) was definitely due to the nodes. So many of the nodes were so beneficial to him. If this is the kind of stuff we can expect going forward with the rest of act 7, then I'm even happier that I took my iHulk to R3.

He definitely still needs a few tweaks IMO, albeit maybe not as many as my earlier overly zealous posts suggested.

His SP1 should have a base 75% stun chance which increases by 1% for each rage stack. (so it maxes at 100% stun chance when you have hit max rage stacks).

Obviously, I'd also like him to receive a number of other tweaks/additions, but that's due to me being a lifelong Hulk fan and not tied to iHulk's performance.

Awesome. I like hearing that. I want to R5 my 5* and just go to town.
  • Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,388 ★★★★

Awesome. I like hearing that. I want to R5 my 5* and just go to town.
    As do I, I’m debating on that atm.