**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Hot Take! 2020 champs overall are better then the 2019 champ

TheInfintyTheInfinty Posts: 1,382 ★★★★
I said it! I think overall the 2020 champs have been much more solid and consistent then the 2019 champs
Lets compare this by each month whoever wins the the most months wins!
Whoever I think has the better champs for the month wins and gains 1 point the max is 12 which is how many months there are. So without further adue here is my ranking.

January
January was a a tough one on one hand you had one great champ and one trash champ for 2019 but for 2020 you had one decent and one meh. I think because of how good thing is overall it gets the win.
2019:1 2020:0
February:In both very very good months two mutants and two mystic well havok is amazing sinister is just a meh champ overall compared to longshot and mojo who are both great. So overall sinster weighs havok down.
2019:1 2020:1
March: This one isn’t even close its 2019 by a mile terrax and mole man are complete trash well Nick and CMM are just stupid OP
2019:2 2020:1
April: This was one of the toughest months overall. The two big hitters for both were supreme and torch followed up by more meh champs such as storm x and annihilus. I think torch beats supreme by a very small portion by I think storm x beats annihilus by quite a bit. By a slim margin I’ll give it to 2020 mainly because annihilus being so meh.
2019:2 2020:2
May: 2019 has one more character then 2020 but in my opinion it doesn’t really matter. Cull and ronin are good but maw is just garbage overall. Compare then to RG and BWDO who are both amazing champs. This IMO is a easy win for 2020
2019:2 2020:3
June: If I was talking about Namor back in June 2019 I would have said this would be a 2019 win easily but Namor has just grown more sour on me as time goes on.Invisible is good just nothing special. Then for 2020 you have arguably one of the best mystics in the game if you can use her correctly she is stupid. And hit monkey who has really good damage and some pretty decent utility. IMO it’s a win for 2020
2019:2 2020:4
July: This was probably the hardest month of all of them. In both years 2 incredible champs were released and then followed up with another pretty decent champ Guardian and Stealthy are both incredible in there own ways. It mainly came down to Sasquatch and mysterio to break the tie stealthy and guardian have. I think Mysterio overall has way more utility then Sasquatch which was the biggest factor between them. By a very small margin 2019 is better
2019:3 2020:4
August: This ones kinda a ass kicking for 2020 Air-Walker is complete trash compared to sunspot and warlock and even though I love dragon man he’s not enough to save air walker from his trash pile.
2019:4 2020:4
September: Another fairly tough one BWCV is an amazing champ and really does rival with prof x and apocalypse but aarkus weighs her down. Aarkus is in no way a bad champion but Compared to prof x and apoc I would much rather have them because they have way more utility and especially in the case of prof x way more damage. Overall I’d say 2020 is better here but Claire makes it close
2019:4 2020:5
October:This is gonna be a controversial one. I think that 2020 cleans house here tbh. I love Elsa but compared to roblin and CGR it’s a no contest. Man thing is ok? Guillotine 2099 is very good but I think CGR is better for your average act 6-7 fight. People always count out roblin but he’s really damn solid good damage and some decent utility witch carnage bombs.
2019:4 2020:6
November:So this ones interesting dooms absolutely stupid and he carry’s mister fantastic a lot. Even then mister fantastic is no slouch he had great utility and some ok damage to boot. iAbom is incredible and is in my opinion the best poison champ in the game. iHulk I don’t think is that bad but compared to mister fantastic in doom lags behind a fair bit. It’s sorta tough but not really Dooms so stupid i tho i it’s a win for 2019
2019:5 2020:6
December: The final month! Well I think SS is really good he’s no match for PP.PP has really good damage output and has some really nice utility in that guaranteed evade and taunt. Yet again SS isn’t bad at all but hes just not quite on the level of PP
2019:5 2020:7

So as you can see I think overall 2020 month to month had better champs but a lot of those months were really close. Especially February,July and September. But there we are!

Hope you enjoyed 😀

Comments

• ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★

Mr. Sinister > Longshot

I said it

Because it’s true
  • TheInfintyTheInfinty Posts: 1,382 ★★★★

Mr. Sinister > Longshot

I said it

Interesting can I hear why? I don’t think sinsters awful just curious. I haven’t found much use for him
    Etjama said:

That's not a hot take, it's a bad take. An incorrect take.

Warlock, G99, CMM, Doom, Claire, HT, NF, Stealthy, Namor, Havok, and more all dominate the meta.

Hey man. Just my opinion. I think mainly on a month to month basis the 2020s are better. If it was just one on ones 2019s are better. Doing it just based on month to month I think 2020s are better.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,797 ★★★★★
    ESF said:

One day, Annihilus is gonna get the respect that kit deserves

I keep waiting and waiting. But it’s gonna come one day

Annihilus is so good

wish I had him tho

Mr. Sinister > Longshot

I said it

Interesting can I hear why? I don’t think sinsters awful just curious. I haven’t found much use for him
    While Longshot has the flashy damage on the sp2, Mr Sinister has a lot of utility.

Plus, he’s basically sp3 spam if played right, with the power leech and heavy combo. The concussion is also pretty decent (especially in conjunction with the sp3 heavy) and he is just capable of so much more in general than Longshot. (This was brief, I’m sure a Mr Sinister expert could tell you everything, as I’ve yet to pull him above a two star)
    Etjama said:

ESF said:

OMG — OK. We are all entitled to our opinions but this Namor slander is just getting ridiculous. It’s out of hand, since his rebalance.

I understand people apparently haven’t gotten over it, but my gosh. Come on, man.

Namor is still an absolutely elite kit and this slander just needs to stop

Meh, his awakened ability is the only reason that anyone uses him. I wouldn't describe one niche but useful ability as an "elite kit".
    His damage is pretty high. My r3 hits like 4K mediums with the sp3 fury
    Kill_Grey said:

Are you kidding me? "Aarkus weighs Claire down", like what?

And as for your October take, everything you said is just downright wrong.

Claire and CGR are pretty even in a comparison
    Aarkus is better than Roblin
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    Etjama said:

ESF said:

OMG — OK. We are all entitled to our opinions but this Namor slander is just getting ridiculous. It’s out of hand, since his rebalance.

I understand people apparently haven’t gotten over it, but my gosh. Come on, man.

Namor is still an absolutely elite kit and this slander just needs to stop

Meh, his awakened ability is the only reason that anyone uses him. I wouldn't describe one niche but useful ability as an "elite kit".
    We can agree to disagree — I find his bleed to be potent and reliable, his damage to be incredibly useful and accessible because you can activate Imperius Rex as you need to drop specials. Stuns are there, some healing, can run with or without suicides

Ninety percent of the kits in this game are worse than that, IMO. Elite kit, to me
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★

Kill_Grey said:

I don't think they were the champs of a particular month for the adjacent years.
    Kill_Grey said:

Alright I think I need to explain the month to month thing more. When I say 2020 champs are better I’m taking month to month. If I was going based on by releases 2019 would win. The whole “weighing down” thing is for the month Yet again I’m trying to say month for month 2020 champs have been more consistent. If this was purely by release date most 2019 champs would win.

Kill_Grey said:

Alright I think I need to explain the month to month thing more. When I say 2020 champs are better I’m taking month to month. If I was going based on by releases 2019 would win. The whole “weighing down” thing is for the month Yet again I’m trying to say month for month 2020 champs have been more consistent. If this was purely by release date most 2019 champs would win.
    Claire and Aarkus are extremely good. Aarkus doesn’t “weigh Claire down” in the slightest.

Are they as good as Prof X and Apocalypse? Maybe! Arguments can be made. But the phrase weighing down is ridiculous.
    Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

I don't think they were the champs of a particular month for the adjacent years.
    shoot

Kill_Grey said:

Claire and Aarkus are extremely good. Aarkus doesn’t “weigh Claire down” in the slightest.

Are they as good as Prof X and Apocalypse? Maybe! Arguments can be made. But the phrase weighing down is ridiculous.
    Sorry mate weighing down was the best term I could use. If you have a better term for it I would go edit it.

Kill_Grey said:

Sorry mate weighing down was the best term I could use. If you have a better term for it I would go edit it.
    you don’t need a term. You saying that makes it seem like Aarkus lowers Claire’s value or something. He barely brought the month down at all.
    HI_guys said:

This is such a horrible way to compare the champs quality

I’m always up for constructive criticism hit me. What could improve
  • FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    Regardless of which way you vote, I’m thankful for the Dooms, Fury’s and CMMs.

More of those please
  • IronGladiator22IronGladiator22 Posts: 1,637 ★★★★
    I don’t understand why everyone is hating on this so much. As far as month by month, I think you are pretty on point. Good job
    HI_guys said:

HI_guys said:

This is such a horrible way to compare the champs quality

I’m always up for constructive criticism hit me. What could improve
    Obviously the order of release in now ay cintributes to champ quality. So let me rearrange the pairs of champs released in 2019

(All these are of Auntmai so forgive discrepancies)

1. Doom, Claire
    2. CMM, nick
    3. HT, Cull
    4. Thing ,Stealthy
    5. Sunspot, Warlock
    6. G99, Havok
    7. Namor, SS
    8. Mysterio , MF
    9. Vision, Annihilus
    10. Elsa,IW
    11. Maw, Diablo
    12. Ronin, Manthing

And for 2020

1.storm X , Dragon man
    2. Longshot, Mojo
    3. Red goblin, Squirrel girl
    4. Hit monkey, White widow
    5. Guardian, Proffessir X
    6. IHilk, iAbom
    7. Red guardian, sasquatch
    8. Moleman , Nova
    9. Red goblin, Tigra
    10. Sorcerer supreme,SpoderHam
    11. CGR, Apocalypse
    12.terrax,Airwalker

Winner of categories
    1. 2019
    2. 2019
    3. 2019
    4. 2019
    5. 2019
    6. 2019
    7. 2019
    8. 2019
    9. 2020
    10. 2020
    11. 2020
    12. 2019

Boom!
    2019:10+-3
    2020:2+-3

Based on personal preference and matchups scores may vary slightly
    5 could arguably go to 2020. Guardian and Warlock are both great techs, but I feel as if Professor X is slightly better than Sunspot.