**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

R5 Mutant

Thoye3Thoye3 Posts: 96
edited December 2020 in Strategy and Tips
Hi everyone. I am trying to figure out which mutant to take to R5. I do not run suicides so I am leaning towards not taking OR over my other options. I can use a generic awakening gem on Colossus before ranking him up. I can take whoever I take up to around 140 sig.

R5 Mutant 77 votes

Omega Red
19%
DOKTOROKTOPUSRbk19Malreck04TheAngryOneMeebletonX_Factor_AgentIron_Patriot_is_litProximaMidnight_8IronGladiator22Will3808Thebombsquad1[Deleted User]BlackTuranjscott96AVENGED27 15 votes
Colossus (Awaken with Generic)
24%
allinashesGK_23nameplasReferencexandersrevenge10or_StrongHonaway_23Thoye3Doctor_Strange19SwarmOfRavensDromerEtherealityKAYDASaltE_Wenis69KablCowabungaShaqatacBlôdletterSkygod69 19 votes
Colossus
7%
bm3eppsDolanWoody15MCOCHazzaAdokDualityCope 6 votes
Havok
1%
DarkKnight646 1 vote
AA
46%
Ja1970XxicylovexXevilKINGwilsonLvernon15Duke_SilverLogan00ClynevaBattle_GreninjaRookiieKill_GreyEtjamaarya2250dangarang122Aaronc94KbmbbGreekhitXdSpoodermanxDJonnySnowRenaxqqJohnyBoy 36 votes
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    AA
    I'd say AA over OR since you don't run suicides.
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    AA
    Archangel is your best shot without suicides.
    Get him at least to sig110 and you have a solution to many bs fights.
    Also he is still a top potion farmer for ROL WS.
    Only the free lvl3 potions you will be able to farm in seconds there, are enough to justify this r5 😉
  • LandsLands Posts: 40
    Emma
  • JonnySnowJonnySnow Posts: 117
    AA
    If you ever decide to run suicides then definitely take up OR
  • MCOCHazzaMCOCHazza Posts: 840 ★★★
    Colossus
    I’d say colossus since you have omega red and Emma for synergy. His awakened ability isn’t worth a generic gem, but it’s worth a class gem. However even unawakened he’s still a beast.
  • bm3eppsbm3epps Posts: 1,147 ★★★
    Colossus
    😂The mutant class is arguably one of the worst class to try and rank imo. They have way too many good champs. That being said, I have a R5 Colossus that's definitely is a constant on my questing and AW team. AA which I have as R4 as well doesn't need R5 to be effective at all. I don't think you could go wrong with either Havok, Omega, or Colossus as each have their uses but my personal choice would be Colossus.
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    Omega Red
    Even though you don’t run suicides I’d still rank 5 and put all your sigs in omega. If you don’t do that I suggest awakening colossus, putting all your sigs in him, and taking him to rank 5.
  • AA
    I am an omega red player I saw @Gardener play some act 5 with him and I'm I call him "arch melt angel" MELT AS HIS MIDDLE NAME LITRALLY
  • EtherealityEthereality Posts: 685 ★★★
    edited December 2020
    Second choice would definitely be AA. The reason why I choose Collosus over AA is that AA becomes powerless against a bleed/poison immune champ. Collosus doesnt lose any of his utility against any champ except the Magnetos ( Which AA happens to lose too)

That is why you should go Collosus. Also bcause you añready have high ranked champs with the right synergies.....Pair him with your OR and Emma Frost for even more beyond god status, you'll see those face melting numbers fly . Your AA is fine as he is cuz he can do what he does best at the rank he already is at ( which is to shut down problematic nodes/buff/abilities).
  • Thoye3Thoye3 Posts: 96
    I ended up going Colossus and he has been amazing so far (even unawakened). Thanks for all the suggestions! Will probably do AA if I get another mutant from Variant 6.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    AA

Second choice would definitely be AA. The reason why I choose Collosus over AA is that AA becomes powerless against a bleed/poison immune champ. Collosus doesnt lose any of his utility against any champ except the Magnetos ( Which AA happens to lose too)

That is why you should go Collosus. Also bcause you añready have high ranked champs with the right synergies.....Pair him with your OR and Emma Frost for even more beyond god status, you'll see those face melting numbers fly . Your AA is fine as he is cuz he can do what he does best at the rank he already is at ( which is to shut down problematic nodes/buff/abilities).

What are you on about? AA smashes Magneto, and has a lot more utility than Colossus.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    AA
    Nvm, OP has already gone with Colossus RIP