**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Apocalypse AQ Boss : Can we take a second to see how restrictive this new AQ boss is.

Comments

• DarkMalachi2DarkMalachi2 Posts: 73
    Crcrcrc said:

Kill_Grey said:

Crcrcrc said:
    And if you fail, that's the instant end.
    That's how it was with Doom. It's a solution. I guess I should practice that though.
    I dex his sp1, floating like a butterfly but stinging like a gnat. The regen makes the effort more to his advantage.
  • rischio said:

You guys really are pissed for not one-sotting the boss? Really? It's 10 players, use them.

We run full map 7 with epics and I don't remember a single time anyone one-shot a boss.

Yes apocalypse is annoying, so was Doom until we learned it.
    Can't complain the first week it's out.

For a person running epic modifers on map7 you do seem to have some missing knowledge.
    One shotting doom wasnt necessary because you did not incur a penalty. Apoc timeout/one shot fail, gives him 4 charges making him impossible to block against, and he is stun immune anyways.
    here, you can thank me for filling in that gap of knowledge.
  • rischio said:

You guys really are pissed for not one-sotting the boss? Really? It's 10 players, use them.

We run full map 7 with epics and I don't remember a single time anyone one-shot a boss.

For a person running epic modifers on map7 you do seem to have some missing knowledge.
    One shotting doom wasnt necessary because you did not incur a penalty. Apoc timeout/one shot fail, gives him 4 charges making him impossible to block against, and he is stun immune anyways.
    You dont have to one shot apoc either
    use robots. have members bring robots more
    there, you can thank me for filling in that gap of knowledge
    Robots like warlock/sentinel/darkhawk last two sp1s. G99 can do it for 4-5. Maybe in 5k prestige you can do it, not in higher prestige, there, some perspective. I do it itemless though, corvus technique ftw. I dont need the piddly tactics.
  • rischio said:

also, read the title. He is not "difficult". He is..... restrictive. :) Please read before responding, thanks.
  • rischio said:

Robots like warlock/sentinel/darkhawk last two sp1s. G99 can do it for 4-5. Maybe in 5k prestige you can do it, not in higher prestige, there, some perspective. I do it itemless though, corvus technique ftw. I dont need the piddly tactics.
    or maybe like you know.. like.. learn to dex his specials?
    Not with the current lag and dropped inputs :) Not worth the risk as a missed dex on one beam kills you outright. Again, 5k prestige can make that mistake, not a good chance for the higher prestige. G99 loses combo, and the rest die. You may be the god dodger... I am not. Ive tried in duels and i cannot master it yet. We finish the boss in my ally, but please refer the starting post.
  • rischio said:

or maybe like you know.. like.. learn to dex his specials?
    Not with the current lag and dropped inputs :) Not worth the risk as a missed dex on one beam kills you outright. Again, 5k prestige can make that mistake, not a good chance for the higher prestige. G99 loses combo, and the rest die. You may be the god dodger... I am not. Ive tried in duels and i cannot master it yet. We finish the boss in my ally, but please refer the starting post.
    I havent said at all that I a master dexer or anything but i am trying
    might as well give it a try yourself

How is it a restrictive
    you are already using the corvus trick and all
    even without that it isnt even war where you have to block for stubborn so you may need to reparry every block hit or you die

In AQ you only need to intercept if the charge goes to 4
    you can basically play with any champ you want they havent restricted any champ from going in.
    Get out of the bubble and try harder.
    Ghost and Tigra are also good options but then people start being all like 'We don't wanna make the efforts of learning them'

First you say your robots can only take one special to the block then why are you scared of dexing if you are gonna die on the next anyway keep trying you will figure it out someday
    Doom's sp1 wasnt that easy when it came out either but now it is. He even has crit resistance and block penetration too.
    Give apoc sometime and we will all be use to him too by then.
    Doom sp1 is a single dex, apoc sp1 is three quick dexes.
    Doom does not penalize you for failing, apoc does.
    Dot does great against doom, most dot does nothing to apoc.
    doom has much lower health than apoc.
    doom you can fight using absolutely anyone, i have one shotted him with blade, domino morningstar. Apoc you need to use robots, or timeout to avoid vigor.
    Doom didnt require you to bring specific counters and did not heal. Apoc does.
    WHile i agree he will "get easier", it is already just an annoyance for my alliance, i took out the time to point out the differences between this boss vs all others that have come so far. He penalizes you for bring mutants, those who benefit from the global. You cant "throw" champs on him because he will just heal the damage. Just something i pointed out.
    Btw, making a mistake with a build g99 is costly, since you lose your 100 combo unless she is sig200, i dont take that risk.
    Learning his sp1 dodge isnt easy since the duel credits change. We will get it down in time.
    Tigra isnt a good AQ champ, ghost is, for those who can afford bringing her.
  • Guy reaches sp1 and you re dead mate just dead. @Kabam Zibiit are you guys palnning to dial this guy down?? He is waay too much for an AQ boss , all things considered. Too overpowered .
  • Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

I've got the Sp1 evade down to being successful about 90% of the time after only starting to practice today. Will hopefully try for a boss kill with G99 tomorrow. I assume the solution is either going to be:

a) Being able to dex his specials
    b) Ghost
    c) Sorcerer Supreme

Can't really think of much else.

Ghost gets ruined, bruv. Trust me, I've tried.

The block damage is ridiculous!
    Well you rarely should be taking a full special on the block. Chances are you're either going to phase all or most of it and you can just dex the rest in most fights. Learning to dex his Sp1 would be good for even the people that use Ghost on him to learn. After watching a video, it's really not too horrible. Just dex thrice as the rock in front of his foot just barely starts to moves down.
    Man has like 6 part specials and push you against the wall. You can phase or dex half of it but it ll still take 60% of your health or more
  • The block through the stun is a major annoyance. Adding the vigor is an insult. I have to keep avoiding his attacks, hes super quick to react to being attacked and blocking, and most of the time before I can even land a hit vigor has kicked in and hes started healing.

Too many fights hes ended with more health then he started with.

Get rid of the vigor, Im about to tell my alliance Im not doing AQ anymore.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

The block through the stun is a major annoyance. Adding the vigor is an insult. I have to keep avoiding his attacks, hes super quick to react to being attacked and blocking, and most of the time before I can even land a hit vigor has kicked in and hes started healing.

Why don't you practice on intercepting or dodging his sp1 which is the best option?
  • I cant reliably dodge the SP1 yet, it seems to lag on my new device. Been using corvus to kill him from the beginning. Lame strat but no other choice with vigor.
  • The block through the stun is a major annoyance. Adding the vigor is an insult. I have to keep avoiding his attacks, hes super quick to react to being attacked and blocking, and most of the time before I can even land a hit vigor has kicked in and hes started healing.

Why don't you practice on intercepting or dodging his sp1 which is the best option?
    I literally said "hes super quick to being attacked and blocking". Meaning I cant even intercept, every time I try he blocks. Hes also jumped back on an intercept attack before.

So you tell me, which is best option?

Cus either way Im not landing hits and vigor is regenning him.

Today will be a third or fourth time everyone is dead at his feet and hes still alive in our BG.

The block through the stun is a major annoyance. Adding the vigor is an insult. I have to keep avoiding his attacks, hes super quick to react to being attacked and blocking, and most of the time before I can even land a hit vigor has kicked in and hes started healing.

I literally said "hes super quick to being attacked and blocking". Meaning I cant even intercept, every time I try he blocks. Hes also jumped back on an intercept attack before.

Today will be a third or fourth time everyone is dead at his feet and hes still alive in our BG.
    It's called practice. How did I learn how to use quake and ghost? I watched videos and I practiced. If you don't duel him and put in the work nobody wants to hear about your complaints.
  • RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 548 ★★★★
    Vigor has really made this final boss much more of a pain. In a Map 7 alliance and we've basically just resorted to Corvus timeouts to get it done. Occasionally we will have a good run with a G2099 or Sorc Supreme but some of the Epic mods basically rule them out for entire days.

It hasn't stopped us from finishing the Map, but it's also not very enjoyable to slam him with Corvus and then sit for 2 and a half minutes waiting to timeout. The roadmap talked about not forcing us to use this method, but this boss and many paths still heavily incentivize it.

It's called practice. How did I learn how to use quake and ghost? I watched videos and I practiced. If you don't duel him and put in the work nobody wants to hear about your complaints.
    Its called you have no idea what youre talking about. Act like Im the only one whos "complaining", when Ive said not only is my entire bg dead at his feet, but how many others in here are voicing their issues over the same things too?

But nah, its cool. You know more than everyone, meaning everyone should listen to you, when you have no knowledge of the people youre talking about. Keep treating people like theyre not vets of the game, have fun with trying to make yourself feel better by trying to play people off as noobs, its what makes you happy and gets you through life, cool.

Its called you have no idea what youre talking about. Act like Im the only one whos "complaining", when Ive said not only is my entire bg dead at his feet, but how many others in here are voicing their issues over the same things too?

But nah, its cool. You know more than everyone, meaning everyone should listen to you, when you have no knowledge of the people youre talking about. Keep treating people like theyre not vets of the game, have fun with trying to make yourself feel better by trying to play people off as noobs, its what makes you happy and gets you through life, cool.
    I'm not saying you're a noob. Do you play map 7?
  • njandynjandy Posts: 238
    8 thousand views, 170 comments, 0 response from a mod.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    I honestly haven't found the Map 6 one to be bad. I took him out this morning with a tag team of Ghost with no synergies and Claire (though she is R3).

I've found Claire to be a surprisingly good option since she can control the Vigor and take him down a lot with those Sp2's in hellfire. Or you can opt to block his specials if you can't evade them and heal back up in the blood curse. Not to mention you get tons of power gain from parrying a stun immune and even more if you run MD. Just throwing that option out there for anyone having trouble.
  • On power to cower Doom does great vs Apoc.
    G99 can do a good first try.
    Ghost and evade last beam is a good option.

Corvus still the best.