**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Villains without a villain tag

I wasn't paying much attention to villain tags before the latest version of back issues.
Which champions you think should have one?

I may be biased as I have him as a 6 star but, I always thought sabretooth was a villain.

Comments

• TreevorTreevor Posts: 19
    I was just about to post that Corvus doesn’t have the villain tag
  • 7714dtl said:

This topic can lead to some seriously argumentative nonsense. Like people trying to claim that a bunch of murdering psychos like Thanos' Black Order aren't villains because they supposedly have a good motive.

It's best just to assume video game logic and/or the developers don't want to slap the villain tag on too many champs

There's no reason to invent "video game logic" because comic book logic is enough. The champs are the way they are because the writers deem them to be, just as in the comics. The champion designs are approved by Marvel itself, so it is literally true that the same people who approve everything that happens in the comics approves everything that happens in the game. The game is a comic book in video game form.
  • DarkEternityDarkEternity Posts: 784 ★★★★
    7714dtl said:

DNA3000 said:

7714dtl said:

This topic can lead to some seriously argumentative nonsense. Like people trying to claim that a bunch of murdering psychos like Thanos' Black Order aren't villains because they supposedly have a good motive.

It's best just to assume video game logic and/or the developers don't want to slap the villain tag on too many champs

There's no reason to invent "video game logic" because comic book logic is enough. The champs are the way they are because the writers deem them to be, just as in the comics. The champion designs are approved by Marvel itself, so it is literally true that the same people who approve everything that happens in the comics approves everything that happens in the game. The game is a comic book in video game form.
    I say video game logic cause even in comics Black Widow and DD aren't wining a slugfest with Hulk. And very few beings are winning a 1 one with Void/Sentry.
    @7714dtl
    Read Secret Wars, that's all I can say. When the Beyonder trapped everyone in the Battleworld, reality itself was warped because of his powers. This caused many to reach their full potential and become much stronger than they once were. A similar thing happens in the game where Iso-8 has increased the power of champions beyond regular capacity which is why they are so much stronger and a match for beings such as The Hulk or Dormmamu.
  • 7714dtl said:

DNA3000 said:

7714dtl said:

I say video game logic cause even in comics Black Widow and DD aren't wining a slugfest with Hulk. And very few beings are winning a 1 one with Void/Sentry.
    1. As @DarkEternity touches on, all the champions in the Battlerealm universe are empowered by ISO-8, which is basically Celestial essence. So none of them are fighting at their Earth-616 power levels. Canonically, they are all cosmically empowered. A similar conceit is used in the DC game Injustice, where of course the Joker isn't a match for Superman, but in the alternate reality of the Injustice universe everyone is empowered by Kryptonian nanotechnology giving them Kryptonian-like levels of power. Both of these are very much "comic book logic" ways of leveling the playing field.

2. Even in the comics, you're wrong. Daredevil was actually written to defeat the Hulk; not necessarily in a straight up fist fight, but when the writers need Daredevil to stop the Hulk, Daredevil stops the Hulk. See: https://lowbrowcomics.com/2015/04/16/daredevil-vs-hulk/ for an example. And as to the Sentry, you really picked the wrong example there because the Sentry is the ultimate "writer does whatever they want" character. The Sentry is *literally* a narrative device even within the Marvel Universe. Basically *according to canon* Sentry has unlimited power, but is restrained by Reynolds to never use that full power because of his subconscious limitations (such as fear of releasing the Void, among others). The Sentry can beat anyone when the writer wants him to, and anyone can beat the Sentry if the writer wants them to. It is always explained away as a psychological limitation of Reynolds holding back the Sentry's full power. In the comics an AIM Adaptoid was shown able to replicate his powers and theoretically beat him, although of course that then went in a different direction due to narrative imperative.
  • WRIRWRIR Posts: 563 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

7714dtl said:

DNA3000 said:

7714dtl said:

1. As @DarkEternity touches on, all the champions in the Battlerealm universe are empowered by ISO-8, which is basically Celestial essence. So none of them are fighting at their Earth-616 power levels. Canonically, they are all cosmically empowered. A similar conceit is used in the DC game Injustice, where of course the Joker isn't a match for Superman, but in the alternate reality of the Injustice universe everyone is empowered by Kryptonian nanotechnology giving them Kryptonian-like levels of power. Both of these are very much "comic book logic" ways of leveling the playing field.

2. Even in the comics, you're wrong. Daredevil was actually written to defeat the Hulk; not necessarily in a straight up fist fight, but when the writers need Daredevil to stop the Hulk, Daredevil stops the Hulk. See: https://lowbrowcomics.com/2015/04/16/daredevil-vs-hulk/ for an example. And as to the Sentry, you really picked the wrong example there because the Sentry is the ultimate "writer does whatever they want" character. The Sentry is *literally* a narrative device even within the Marvel Universe. Basically *according to canon* Sentry has unlimited power, but is restrained by Reynolds to never use that full power because of his subconscious limitations (such as fear of releasing the Void, among others). The Sentry can beat anyone when the writer wants him to, and anyone can beat the Sentry if the writer wants them to. It is always explained away as a psychological limitation of Reynolds holding back the Sentry's full power. In the comics an AIM Adaptoid was shown able to replicate his powers and theoretically beat him, although of course that then went in a different direction due to narrative imperative.
    I always disiked Sentry and certain "Sentry is so powerful" fans because of this. He just seemed too mary sue, and like some fanfiction character rather than a real character with an arc.
  • OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    Felix33 said:

I wasn't paying much attention to villain tags before the latest version of back issues.
    Which champions you think should have one?

I may be biased as I have him as a 6 star but, I always thought sabretooth was a villain.

I agree, I brought him on a quest to support OR but also had apocalypse with me. I run suicides so got to the boss and thought "lets go saber horseman". He didn't last long.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,151 ★★★★★
    Treevor said:

I was just about to post that Corvus doesn’t have the villain tag

He is part of Thanos’ children or army or some such instead. Same with Cull and Proxima.
  • anaLysis_anaLysis_ Posts: 259 ★★★
    IRQ said:

anaLysis_ said:

Corvus doesn’t have a villain tag, but he works with the tyranny node where only villains gain power

Read the node again.

It's "Heroes don't gain power" and CG is not a hero either.
    Ohh that makes a ton more sense
  • Deadline18Deadline18 Posts: 15
    Its not only villain tags missing on certain champs, but also others like #metal. Superior Iron Man and Agent Venom are both wearing armor suits yet don't have the metal tag, but somehow Cable has it LMFAO
  • Grootman1294Grootman1294 Posts: 863 ★★★★
    Cable has the gun and the arm so it is somewhat justified.

Agent venom and SIM have symbiotic suits and they aren;t metal
  • Canucks37Canucks37 Posts: 85

Its not only villain tags missing on certain champs, but also others like #metal. Superior Iron Man and Agent Venom are both wearing armor suits yet don't have the metal tag, but somehow Cable has it LMFAO

Cables arm is full of techno-organic virus which is metal. Agent Venoms armour is literally the venom symbiote so idk why it would be metal. Superior iron man's suit is a liquid metal I think based off of the symbiotes but you could make an arguement for him
  • Canucks37 said:

Cables arm is full of techno-organic virus which is metal. Agent Venoms armour is literally the venom symbiote so idk why it would be metal. Superior iron man's suit is a liquid metal I think based off of the symbiotes but you could make an arguement for him
    Cable has actually faced Magneto in the comics. So we know that Magneto can affect the metallic components of Cable's body. It doesn't go well for Cable.

I don't recall an instance where Superior Iron Man faces Magneto in the comics, but there's no reason to be certain that the Symbiote liquid metal material that makes up the Superior Iron Man suit is necessarily vulnerable to Magneto. Some exotic metals are immune to his powers, in particular Vibranium.

I think a lot of people are still unaware of the fact that the Superior Iron Man suit is not just an especially shiny version of the Iron Man armor, but is instead a techno-organic substance based on Symbiote (as in Venom) biology.
  • Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    I want to know why Mister Sinister isn't metal. He is either wearing metal on his arms or he has a crazy skin condition.
  • Jedi_HawkeJedi_Hawke Posts: 955 ★★★
    Spiderman. The sinister 6 are all heroes who were framed by spidey.
  • CrusherCrusher Posts: 305
    Guilly 2099 enter the chat
  • It’s not just tag problems, there are also class misplacements. The most prominent of the classes is Thor Rag. Korg probably could also count depending on how you look at his abilities.