**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Archangel or iceman who was better

JishnuJishnu Posts: 1
edited October 2017 in General Discussion

Archangel or iceman who was better 23 votes

Please tell me
60%
NevvBMini_GrMarvelbbR41nb0wm4g1cCosmic_Ray13KingOfMcocZombieDude1234Olred007ThisChristmasMr_mc_person34KillerBee_samaDrewbe14Korporate_KurtJishnu 14 votes
Please tell me
39%
YellsomeAxeCopFireAnurag1606AlCapone2727Leepower12Anonymous346pizza_king24BinawayawhileJishnu 9 votes

Comments

• vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    Different strengths based on different scenarios. Iceman is generally better all around but AA can deal massive damage and can be better in some scenarios.
  • Cosmic_Ray13Cosmic_Ray13 Posts: 302
    Please tell me
    I LOVE AA!!!
  • NormanBJJNormanBJJ Posts: 301 ★★
    Iceman if you run suicides, AA if you go against champs that trigger annoying abilities. Don't forget, AA can stop evade too, not right away like Iceman can but still..
  • TellthemIAMTellthemIAM Posts: 169
    I use iceman in AW attack and he’s great! Gets rid of spidey and NC evade right at the start of the fight if he’s duped. He can take a lot of punishment if you make a mistake with his ice armor. AA is definitely better for burst damage but Iceman does have his frostbite charges that can amplify his damage.
  • DrOctavius2_2DrOctavius2_2 Posts: 432 ★★
    Wish there was a way to flag the spammers who flag everything
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    AA can deal insane damage on attack, but is a bit of a glass cannon that relies on bleed. One fight against immunity will show how weak he can be and how quickly he can die.

Based on my limited use of Iceman in 3* arena, I prefer Ice over AA. But since I only have AA as a 4*, he got pushed to R5.
  • AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    Please tell me
    Please tell me
  • Vossler77Vossler77 Posts: 683 ★★
    Iceman. Triple immunity. No evade abilities at start of fight. Great damage. Armor.
  • Please tell me
    I didn’t vote because both the answers are please tell me. I vote Archangel because of bleed and other damages like that. I have 4 star and he’s super annoying to fight.
  • Please tell me
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    AA can deal insane damage on attack, but is a bit of a glass cannon that relies on bleed. One fight against immunity will show how weak he can be and how quickly he can die.

Based on my limited use of Iceman in 3* arena, I prefer Ice over AA. But since I only have AA as a 4*, he got pushed to R5.

I agree but mostly those kind of champs are techs and usually we don’t use a mutant against a tech unless we have to
  • Please tell me
    I try not to anyway
  • BasicChampBasicChamp Posts: 97
    Both are great but Ice is priority one.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    edited October 2017

I agree but mostly those kind of champs are techs and usually we don’t use a mutant against a tech unless we have to

Also have to include poison immunity because you need to inflict both in order to get neurotoxin and generate the serious damage. Bleed itself really isn't that great (maybe 65-70 health per tick), but it's needed to proc poison and ultimately neuro.

Means champs like Luke Cage, all versions of Hulk, most Cosmics, Colossus & Unstop. Colossus, Dorm, Iceman, Mephisto. And also champs that can shake debuffs quickly (Beast, OML, AV, Xbones, Kingpin). Plus whatever immunity nodes you face in AQ/AW/quests.

As someone who uses AA fairly regularly (in a very bleed-dependent team), I run into immunity more times than I thought I would.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian

Also have to include poison immunity because you need to inflict both in order to get neurotoxin and generate the serious damage. Bleed itself really isn't that great (maybe 65-70 health per tick), but it's needed to proc poison and ultimately neuro.

Means champs like Luke Cage, all versions of Hulk, most Cosmics, Colossus & Unstop. Colossus, Dorm, Iceman, Mephisto. And also champs that can shake debuffs quickly (Beast, OML, AV, Xbones, Kingpin). Plus whatever immunity nodes you face in AQ/AW/quests.

As someone who uses AA fairly regularly (in a very bleed-dependent team), I run into immunity more times than I thought I would.

Add to that list Rogue (for some reason she is often forgotten when it comes to debuff reductions) and Ant-Man (glancing makes it hard to stack debuffs).

And then there's Cable and his funky reactions to poison and bleed. He's not immune to either, but each poison stack reduces the duration of poison stacks right up to zero, and every time you place a bleed on him he places a degen on you.

And of course you can't go ham on BPCW because of the neurotoxin stuns, so that can limit your damage against him by a bit.