**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Thoughts on Daredevil (Hell's Kitchen) Buff after trying him out?

Comments

• CoolFlameCoolFlame Posts: 18
    As of now, the whole managing the combo meter thing is too much work for too little return. It might be just me but seeing the feedback, it definitely looks like he needs a little more love. Please share an update if he is being considered to be looked at again, not an overhaul but some fine tweaks to bring him at a level where he can be appreciated by most people.
  • GMAX77GMAX77 Posts: 484 ★★★
    J0eySn0w said:

GMAX77 said:

SknZn said:

Did you guys know how a beautiful masterpiece was the DD season3? Also #SaveDaredevil petition is still going on? He is really fan loved character, and i mean, i REALLY mean kabam can’t do this to him, they shouldn’t. Just to my opinion he should be equal to skill spidy. Both dmg and utility wise.

I have heard several people say that his utility and effectiveness will become more understandable as time goes on. His buff has only been out for a very short time comparatively. As I pointed out in an earlier post, even if everything about him was left as is, simply working out the regen issue would make him more playable which in my experience would open the doors for more people to take him into various content, thus giving us more opportunity to see the benefits of the overhaul which at the moment are going unnoticed. Either way, I can't imagine anything happening until January's update, and that's IF the company sees it as a big enough issue to change. My only concern is that since he's not a "new" champ and most people already have him, would this warrant an adjustment since this is not a champ which will necessarily drive the purchasing of new crystals. (Not sure if the earlier buffs and overhauls had an impact on crystal purchases for the newer champs. Maybe Magneto, but even then, many already had him)

But they shouldn’t base ALL their decisions on profit/money as the primary motive or reason for certain actions. As a business entity, there’s nothing wrong in letting profit be the secondary reason for CERTAIN actions. Sometimes in the long run, you benefit monetary wise when money isn’t the primary.
    Eg, sometimes keeping customers happy and satisfied makes you lose money now, but more later.
    And haven’t greedy corporations done enough harm already, what’s wrong in letting customers be at the laughing/smiling end of some deals as if those corporations will be burnt to the ground.
    LOL. Not my quote. But certainly insightful.
  • SavageSavage Posts: 621 ★★★

And now that Kingpin seems to be getting buffed in February I hope Kabam does justice to both Kingpin and DD hell's kitchen!

Yup Kingpin is the main villian of the show and if DDHK is never touched they he might end up being better than an overahul lol.
  • ChobblyChobbly Posts: 830 ★★★★

The fact that against Void for example, where he has Class advantage theoretically, he has practically a huge handicap and he kills himself, is freaking hilarious or infuriating, depending on how you look at it. His damage is perfectly fine. His utility is acceptable. His regen rate though is totally unacceptable.

For me, fine equals average. His damage and utility are average at best and the ramp up isn’t worth it when many other skill champs are better at both, or just one of them. I don’t run suicides but understand why many do.

Sad thing is, I want to be able to rank 4 and then 5 my 5* DDHK but it’s not worth the cost in what are precious resources at the moment. With some tweaks he could be in the same bracket as Falcon, Ronin and BWDO.

• Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 980 ★★★★
    I dont like his new kit at all i was hoping for someone better or close to NF overall value and basing it off their previous overhauls so i went ahead and R4 my DDHK prior to knowing any details. Totally dissapointed and completely my fault for rushing things. I wish for kabam to provide us with a rank down ticket it would be very nice if they do. If not, i will roll with the punches and call it a day.
    So, with DDHK being in featured crystals and arenas now, it would be nice if we could get an update, even if it’s “we’re still thinking about it”.

Understandably these things may take time but it would be good to know what Kabam’s thoughts are. Most of the content creator vids on DDHK say he misses the mark - not totally but enough that a few tweaks would help.
  • FancysonFancyson Posts: 75

Well, I’ve asked many times to give an update if they plan to fix him or not.

They’ve been completely silent on the matter. A simple “we’re working on it” or “will be left as is” would quiet these threads.

I guess he just goes back on the list of champs to be buffed because he’ll be back in meme tier when they start buffing many of the current lackluster champs

It's really a shame because daredevil was such an awesome show and character. They really dropped the ball and won't even acknowledge the disappointment of the change. Hopefully he gets a small fix to his regen in the January patch at the very least rather than being forgotten about entirely.
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★

My only loss in faith is the fact that nobody from Kabam can comment on this. They fixed the GGC issue in an hour but can’t even comment here.

You just ran his arena and put him in the featured 6*. The least you can do is comment on whatever route you’re going with him so we can make gameplay and rank up decisions.

bro if you have him don't bother ranking him up i have him at rank 5 max sig because i was hype and thought he was going to get a magneto type buff and honestly i like him better before the buff (nerf) he's underwhelming which is why his arena is so low and u don't see no Cav opening and also the disappointment when people pull him from the 6 star feature.
  • FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    TripleB said:

FritoPlay said:

Anyone figure out his optimum rotation yet?

Put him on defense. His rework was for defense and they're reworking defensive champs in Feb.

Its become apparent they took the champion buff and made it for themselves. This is why I never spend real money on this game.
    Use bleed champs and he’ll melt away.

Parry and back off 3x, his combo meter goes over 16 then you can play him normally. Void will kill him since the rage debuff he self inflicts will take damage.

In AW, and bleed or poison him and he’s dead.

With the 40% regen, and debuffs makes him die quickly.

He’s easy to figure out.
    I noticed this easy playstyle against him too in this months EQ.
    But this part of the discussion begs the question, "If he wasn't made for Attack or Defense... who or what was he made for?" They put so much time into this guy and did a FULL rework, started from scratch, how did we end up with this much disappointment? Put it this way, if he was released as a new character, he would be put on the buff list very soon.
    If they fixed his numbers (regen rate, fury potency, cruelty potency) then he’d be awesome.

When you're fighting him he feels like a more predictable Agent Venom, he has similar damage output as well

Craziest thing. Déjà vu that I already responded to this post.

He’s a hard cry from Agent Venom, but I feel you on that.

I’m confident we’ll hear an update soon.
    edited December 2020

I hope so too. Appreciate it’s the run up to holidays but it would be good to get a response whichever way. The sad thing is, the new kit for DDHK is almost there.
    Chobbly said:

I hope so too. Appreciate it’s the run up to holidays but it would be good to get a response whichever way. The sad thing is, the new kit for DDHK is almost there.
    It’ll happen. I’m going to have faith in this one