**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Book 2 Quest Paths completion not getting registered [Merged Threads]

13»

Comments

• Thekiller8967Thekiller8967 Posts: 323 ★★
    What I recommend to everyone is record you finishing every lane, and going back into the quest after wards. That way you can prove you beat the quest, didn't quit out, then it not registering. That's simply the only way you can prove it. Obviously if it's a bug that is clearing the quest progress it may be hard to detect back end.
  • o_oo_o Posts: 834 ★★★★
    This just happened to me as well in 7.1.2 (encroaching stun path). After beating the boss i absolutely, definitely went all the way to the final node. I'm 65% done 7.1 so it's not like I'm a noob who doesn't realize the path doesn't end with the boss. I completed the path the correct way, but when i entered 7.1.2 again, the path i had just finished was marked as unexplored.

This has happened to other people today as well:
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/242199/act-7-1-2-encroaching-stun-hurt-locker-path-bug-only-me
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/241618/act-7-explored-path-shown-as-unexplored

Please take a closer look, Kabam!
  • o_oo_o Posts: 834 ★★★★
    I have a theory about what’s happening. In my case, I definitely didn’t quit the path prematurely, but it’s possible I may have left the map to check something (like my crystal vault) after beating the boss but before reaching the final node. I think the bug might be that with this new multiple boss setup in 7.1, if you leave the quest map between the boss and the final node - I’m not talking about quitting, just doing something like tapping on the crystal tab - you get booted from the quest without it being “recorded” as complete. I’m not keen to do a whole path and leave the map after the boss just to prove my theory, but I’m pretty confident about it.

For now the solution would be to make absolutely certain not to leave the map between the boss and the final node. But longer-term, it would be good if Kabam made sure that those post-boss nodes act like regular nodes, which save our progress if we leave the screen.
  • vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    Happened to me twice as well, contacted kabam support,

All they keep saying is I manually quit the game.

Now @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit you guys are actual humans with reasoning capabilities and not robots correct?

Why would I complete 30+ paths correctly and just “manually quit” out of a couple?

For fun?

Please be fair to your fellow summoners and fix the game.

This was during my legends run where I was using potions, revives, boosts, energy refills...

It’s getting to the point where I do not even want compensation.

I just don’t want my alliance mates and friends to have to duplicate paths.

It is pathetic that you guys will not acknowledge the bug and even attempt to fix the game.
    We need this to happen to some famous yter or else it won’t get anywhere.
    edited December 2020
    o_o said:

I have a theory about what’s happening. In my case, I definitely didn’t quit the path prematurely, but it’s possible I may have left the map to check something (like my crystal vault) after beating the boss but before reaching the final node. I think the bug might be that with this new multiple boss setup in 7.1, if you leave the quest map between the boss and the final node - I’m not talking about quitting, just doing something like tapping on the crystal tab - you get booted from the quest without it being “recorded” as complete. I’m not keen to do a whole path and leave the map after the boss just to prove my theory, but I’m pretty confident about it.

For now the solution would be to make absolutely certain not to leave the map between the boss and the final node. But longer-term, it would be good if Kabam made sure that those post-boss nodes act like regular nodes, which save our progress if we leave the screen.

Do you care to test this out and record it?

I will try to as well.

You might be on to something because during my legends run I was going back and forth for AQ and AW.

Entirely possible but we need to record it happening or get some social media coverage on the issue or else it will just fall on deaf ears.

Edit: I will test it out and get back to you guys, busy during the holidays but I’ll test ASAP.

o_o said:

Do you care to test this out and record it?

I will try to as well.

You might be on to something because during my legends run I was going back and forth for AQ and AW.

Entirely possible but we need to record it happening or get some social media coverage on the issue or else it will just fall on deaf ears.

Edit: I will test it out and get back to you guys, busy during the holidays but I’ll test ASAP.
    Well now I am thinking about it, since I already 100% the chapter I prob won’t be able to accurately test it.

Maybe I can check if it will boot me out of the quest, but that wasn’t whAt happened.

In my case I would click “replay” or “back to quests” and the % completion would not increase and I would have to do it again.