**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

BWCV or Dragon-Man to R3?

DannyB01DannyB01 Posts: 471 ★★★
I've got a tough choice to make! I have a mystic AG and will take either 6* BWCV or Dragon-Man to R3, and awaken. My priority is AW attack, but to be honest I think I'd get a lot of use from both.

Who would you guys rank up in my position? Noting that I will use the gem on whoever I rank up. Would love to get your thoughts!

BWCV or Dragon-Man to R3? 78 votes

Black Widow (Claire Voyant)
87%
Haji_SaabMagicBentonRaganatorrishisaiLuciusVorenusEvil_Twingrud9eLvernon15SeptristicThunderGodRbk19BrokenpseudosaneJumpthesharkPintzzTexas_11GoddessIliasClynevaCh1efsterDenzel116 68 votes
Dragon-Man
12%
danielmathSix_strings6GhostboytjieRakeYoungOGAvengerMasterpuffTheInfintySwarmOfRavens0casual0Yodabolt21 10 votes

Comments

• Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,995 ★★★★★
    They are both phenomenal champions, there’s no bad choice here. Do you run suicides? If so, BWCV probably has the edge, although Dragon Man is double immune so he’s not far behind. She just has the sustainability for recoil.

Dragon Man has reliable access to unstoppable for things like Can’t Stop Won’t Stop, I use my 5/65 in Map 7 a lot for that and he’s very effective and a lot of fun.

In general I find Dragon Man to be more fun, but this one is just personal preference. Also if you haven’t done 100% Abyss you should totally take up Dragon Man and bring him for Red Skull. I have no idea if it’ll work, I’m just really curious 😂
  • DannyB01DannyB01 Posts: 471 ★★★
    Thanks very much for that response @Wicket329 ! I've fully explored all content (barring a little bit left of 7.1) so neither of them are needed for anything really, besides AQ and AW. I do take CSWS paths in Map 7, but I'm loving Mojo/Gulk for that...although another option doesn't seem bad to have!

Whilst doing 7.1 I'm sure BWCV is more versatile, been thinking about it as I play. But, in AW I want that stubborn tag on Dragon-Man, so seems like a win-win.

I don't run suicides but with Elsa, Ghost and Hit-Monkey at R3 (and imminently CGR and Magneto) I'm feeling obliged to turn them on. Both are friendly with it but BWCV for sure has an edge there!

In terms of the gem, I guess neither of them need it much. I just want the silver stars! I suppose there's more chance of a natural dupe on Dragon-Man while the feature is out though.
  • HassamaMamaHassamaMama Posts: 113
    Do you have either as r5 5*s? That would be a pretty big factor to take into account.

Additionally, I would use the Awakening Gem on Dragon Man regardless who you rank up - he actually has a really cool sig ability while Claire's is kinda impractical/useless. I'd say using the gem on her would be a waste, even if you r3 her over Dragon Man. You can also save it for Doom if you want him someday as his sig ability, like Dragon Man's, is pretty sweet + prestige.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★

Do you have either as r5 5*s? That would be a pretty big factor to take into account.

Additionally, I would use the Awakening Gem on Dragon Man regardless who you rank up - he actually has a really cool sig ability while Claire's is kinda impractical/useless. I'd say using the gem on her would be a waste, even if you r3 her over Dragon Man. You can also save it for Doom if you want him someday as his sig ability, like Dragon Man's, is pretty sweet + prestige.

I like your name! :D
  • SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    Dragon-Man
    I'm in a similar position and would rather r3 dragon man. I would do Claire if you run suicides but using a gem on her feels like a waste.
  • mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 992 ★★★★
    I have both as 5* 5/65, max sig, so I think I can speak on both with.

I find I use BWCV WAY more than Dragon Man. In fact, if I'm being honest, I barely use Dragon Man except for very niche situations.

So personally, for the rank up, I would recommend BWCV with zero hesitation.

That said, I would NOT, under any circumstance, recommend using an AG on her. 6* AG are far too rare right now, and I can honestly say that I can count on one hand the number of times her sig has come into play.

Hope that helps you in your decision.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,173 ★★★★★
    DannyB01 said:

I've got a tough choice to make! I have a mystic AG and will take either 6* BWCV or Dragon-Man to R3, and awaken. My priority is AW attack, but to be honest I think I'd get a lot of use from both.

Who would you guys rank up in my position? Noting that I will use the gem on whoever I rank up. Would love to get your thoughts!

I am sorry for your complete lack of good choices, LOL.
  • -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    Claire seems more useful to me. Dragon Man to R3 makes sense if you're swimming in R3's and need to strengthen your AW defense
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    If this is your first mystic go Claire. She actually deals with buffs where as dragon man deals with buffs by powering himself up.

Dragon man would be 2nd R3 mystic for me.
  • anaLysis_anaLysis_ Posts: 259 ★★★
    Both are amazing but I would go bwcv myself mainly for the fact that Claire can remove buffs while dragonman can’t