**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

I have embraced Monke

Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
What’s the best rotation for this guy? Seems pretty fun and handy.

Comments

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,797 ★★★★★
  • MeebletonMeebleton Posts: 552 ★★★
    edited December 2020
    An-prim moment
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    I guess to clarify, I am aware of his abilities, but idk what I should be using in terms of specials. My instincts tell me to just spam L2 since that is a bunch of guaranteed crits but L3 gives a long cruelty so idk. And then I figure only use L1 for pushing enemy to another bar of power or vigilance.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★

I guess to clarify, I am aware of his abilities, but idk what I should be using in terms of specials. My instincts tell me to just spam L2 since that is a bunch of guaranteed crits but L3 gives a long cruelty so idk. And then I figure only use L1 for pushing enemy to another bar of power or vigilance.

That's pretty much it, he's really simple. If it's a longer fight, throw an Sp3. If it's a shorter fight, finish with a Sp2. He's got so much damage that the healthpools will have to be similar to those of RoL in order for you to want to use a Sp3. (With a R5 and suicides that is.)
    Etjama said:

That's pretty much it, he's really simple. If it's a longer fight, throw an Sp3. If it's a shorter fight, finish with a Sp2. He's got so much damage that the healthpools will have to be similar to those of RoL in order for you to want to use a Sp3. (With a R5 and suicides that is.)
    I haven’t run suicides in a long time and have no real intention of going back; is this enough of a reason to not r4 or r5 him? Also how necessary is the extra duration on the schemes?
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★

Etjama said:

I haven’t run suicides in a long time and have no real intention of going back; is this enough of a reason to not r4 or r5 him? Also how necessary is the extra duration on the schemes?
    It could be, really depends on the rest of your Skill roster and if what he brings to the table is needed in your roster. My R5 bangs and I don't quite run suicides yet. The extra duration on schemes is nice but completely unnecessary.
    Etjama said:

Etjama said:

It could be, really depends on the rest of your Skill roster and if what he brings to the table is needed in your roster. My R5 bangs and I don't quite run suicides yet. The extra duration on schemes is nice but completely unnecessary.
    I mean, I have NF and Ægon, but I’m not a fan of sitting at barely any health in order to have a solid evade/miss counter. I know I could just spam L1 in his LMD phase but that’s slow and boring ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I’ll probably r4 Monke at some point and maybe r5 if I like him after more usage.