**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Back Issues #6: Contamination

Comments

• WikiLeaksWikiLeaks Posts: 20
    Anytime something is tweaked should not be a call for compensation.

No one is forcing you to beat it on day 1. And no one is taking away your extra utility gained from having beaten it early.
  • OneEyedLauOneEyedLau Posts: 28
    Little bit more than a tweak though @WikiLeaks an entire node was removed from what was the hardest path in the whole piece of content
  • AllstarAllstar Posts: 2
    Kabam,

To nerf this path while some of us pushed through to explore the content Day 1 is unfair unfortunately. I did not have a good counter for the node so had to use Unit man to finish the path. I dont know how many units were spent, but I know it was more than I would like to admit lol. The rest of the Variant 6 was able to be completed with minimal units spent. We should be getting a refund of units spent to complete the path in question, or some other form of compensation as it puts other summoners at an unfair advantage if they just waited for the nerf to come out. If I would have known about the nerf, I would have waited to complete it. I tried submitting a ticket to you but I am not able to. Where the ticket form tells you to "select a game" literally no options come up and you cannot type in a response either. Please take some time and address these concerns as I know I am not the only one that this has negatively affected. Love MCOC. This is my first forum post as generally understand you guys have a lot to deal with but felt this is definitely something that needs to be addressed by your team. Thank you for your time.
  • Madman_marvinMadman_marvin Posts: 644 ★★★★
    Glad you removed the node as I did notice some inconsistencies with it but overall it was just poor design.
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    I really don't get why people are asking for refunds.
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★

Well aside from people who powered through it, many unlocked resonate for the lane. That's 4-5 Carb Cores(not sure how many), so around 1.5-2k units. And not everyone needs resonate. Those 2k units could have been used elsewhere.
    I haven't done the lane, was waiting for gifting tbh to unlock the mastery or power through it, but I do understand the frustration.

Well aside from people who powered through it, many unlocked resonate for the lane. That's 4-5 Carb Cores(not sure how many), so around 1.5-2k units. And not everyone needs resonate. Those 2k units could have been used elsewhere.
    I haven't done the lane, was waiting for gifting tbh to unlock the mastery or power through it, but I do understand the frustration.
    Yeah but that's the consequence of completing content quickly.
  • StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    Some nodes are simply broken in this variant !
    Monster node doesn’t trigger the passive regen most of the time
  • DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    Stellar said:

Some nodes are simply broken in this variant !
    Monster node doesn’t trigger the passive regen most of the time

Pacify Mastery or any other source of AAR.

No. That's false. Then there is technically no correct time to do content. Do it early and if it's nerfed or corrected, you're screwed. Do it late and if there is a bug that benefitted the early players or some extra rewards, you lose out. So when do you do content?
    It's a high risk-high reward situation when you complete content early. You can either get some extra rewards or you could end up having a harder time completing content. How is that false? If you complete content early then you can either lose or win. You don't lose or win when you do content "late".
  • Woody141082Woody141082 Posts: 223 ★★
    They didn’t even need to remove the node, just make the fury passive so mojo and longshot couldn’t nullify it
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★

Because the node was bugged apparently, if they removed it because they just felt the node was too hard, then fine, I’d be kicking myself for choosing to get the hardest path done first but no matter.
    But if that node was bugged then a little compensation request is reasonable.
  • tkhan08tkhan08 Posts: 189 ★★
    Really fun variant, something initial variants lacked. Great job kabam guys.
  • kicsiheadkicsihead Posts: 32
    Venom had no armor at the start of the fight. He’s dupped also. Was a long fight against Havok. Thx kabam you are so damn good.
  • simolazsimolaz Posts: 418 ★★

They removed a node that caused troubles.
    So, in your opinion, even those that explored Act 6 before the nerf shoudn’t claim for refund. Go tell them.
  • simolazsimolaz Posts: 418 ★★
    WikiLeaks said:

Anytime something is tweaked should not be a call for compensation.

No one is forcing you to beat it on day 1. And no one is taking away your extra utility gained from having beaten it early.

Well, if you don’t have any other content to push for, either you uninstall the game or you play the contents that are there. And honestly I got to explore that quest without spending money/units to buy energy (I am a F2P).
    I didn’t spend units to run that path, but it costed me some potions/revives. Luckily I had plenty of them, but still it isn’t fair that someone runs a harder quest and someone else runs an easier one. If someone immediately informed that the quest was about to be modified, well in that case I would have waited. But since nobody wrote anything before having it modified...
    Avidas said:

No. That's false. Then there is technically no correct time to do content. Do it early and if it's nerfed or corrected, you're screwed. Do it late and if there is a bug that benefitted the early players or some extra rewards, you lose out. So when do you do content?
    It's a high risk-high reward situation when you complete content early. You can either get some extra rewards or you could end up having a harder time completing content. How is that false? If you complete content early then you can either lose or win. You don't lose or win when you do content "late".
    What an idiotic way to view content.
    Do tell - when is the right time to complete content then? Three days? A week? A month? Three months?
    When Kabam releases content they have an obligation to double check (especially) entire path and node combinations. It's their job.
    When they screw up and choose to appease the community outrage over a difficult path, it would be hypocritical not to correct their mistake and appease the actually justified community outrage over the nerf for those who spent.
    It's not Kabam's fault that certain parts of the community felt that the path was too hard when others felt that it was completely doable. That's on the community. Like I said, doing content right off the bat has its risks and rewards. What an idiotic response.
    simolaz said:

They removed a node that caused troubles.
    So, in your opinion, even those that explored Act 6 before the nerf shoudn’t claim for refund. Go tell them.
    No, I don't really think they should, speaking as someone who did and explored a good chunk of Act 6 before it was nerfed.
  • Katzastrophe_Od1nKatzastrophe_Od1n Posts: 223 ★★
    didnt read through all the comments but in 2.1 how do i counter the thorns path? is there an alternative to OR?
  • FrostyFrosty Posts: 485 ★★★

didnt read through all the comments but in 2.1 how do i counter the thorns path? is there an alternative to OR?

Magneto as he'll heal from every heavy attack. Just play slow
  • EinfachSoEinfachSo Posts: 269 ★★
    Frosty said:

Magneto as he'll heal from every heavy attack. Just play slow
    Sentinel also works very well with full Analysis Charges
  • So is it possible to relock the two masteries and get a refund on the units spend since there was no reason to do it? Don't even care about the units spent doing the path and resetting the masteries twice to add and then remove the useless resonate. I would just like the over 2k units to get resonate unlocked.
  • Crimson8399Crimson8399 Posts: 749 ★★★
    edited December 2020

Hey there everyone, we're making a change to Chapter 2, Quest 2 that will removed the What's Yours is Mine node. You can find more detailed information here.

So we gonna get back all the revives we had to use or is it business as usual and tough luck?
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★

Parry heavy with Magneto
  • MorghaxorMorghaxor Posts: 30
    edited December 2020
    Ebony_Naw said:

I think it's funny how people are complaining about a single path in variant. Granted, that mojo is "fun and interactive" (sarcasm), but this is supposed to be geared towards endgame players. Visit variant 1 and let me know what you think of those paths.

I can't believe I'm becoming that guy, but I genuinely am growing sick and tired of these complaints on what is allegedly the most endgame of content left. Understand that it's supposed to be hard. Go ahead and hot that disagree button, but it doesn't make me wrong.

It's a 10-enemy long path... not 3, 4 or 5 which could be somehow taken with any team, but 10... come on - that's bad game design (or maybe rather a "cash-grab") (which is why it got changed apparently - not buying the talk about "bugged" node - it is after all used in map7, aint it?)