**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

V6 was boring

I just finished variant 100% and it was just boring. Used the same champs for all stages. Doom, Venom, Magneto, and Ghost.

The path asking for a weakness debuff is a joke because there's one #villain champ that places weakness, Green Goblin. 2 if you count Apocalypse which very few have one worth bringing into variant at this point.

Out of the 6 variants, this one ranks 5th out of 6.

Comments

• Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★

I just finished variant 100% and it was just boring. Used the same champs for all stages. Doom, Venom, Magneto, and Ghost.

The path asking for a weakness debuff is a joke because there's one #villain champ that places weakness, Green Goblin. 2 if you count Apocalypse which very few have one worth bringing into variant at this point.

Out of the 6 variants, this one ranks 5th out of 6.

It's not like you would use other champs if the content was hard too so idk what to do here.
  • Options
    BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    Loved 7.1, didn’t really like v6. The whole thing is pretty much reverse regen cheese, heavy spam cheese and vanilla bosses that pose no real challenge to any half decent player. I don’t hate it but just not finding it that interesting or fulfilling as a challenge.

Kinda dislike how limited the pool of useful champs is in the last 2 variants. For eg on variant 3 I was lacking any tech depth for the longest time, no sentinel etc but enjoyed looking in my roster for solutions.

On the whole I am enjoying the content since the roadmap, there have been some decent side quests, I enjoy cav eq as a mindless plough through, book 2 is epic, love the old bosses revisited, show up fights were good, pre nerf especially. I think that’s what is lacking in these last 2 variants also, bosses with any memorable interaction. We aren’t being made to work or think like say the silver surfer boss, n thanos, champion etc. I mean how basic is that drax boss?

I get why people might like it but I’m looking for something beyond spamming the same fights over and over with the same 3-4 champs.

I do appreciate what kabam are trying to do with the content now, definitely winning for the most part and it must be hard to strike a balance between this (on the too easy edge) and say the silver surfer fight that imo got unjustified bad feedback for being too limited or hard (it really wasn’t).
  • Options
    Geralt_123Geralt_123 Posts: 595 ★★★
    I liked the Variant 6 and I hope Kabam continue to put similar contents in upcoming time.
    This Variant was for Villains so Villains enjoyed the benefit and Kabam has really done great work making some fight cheese and enjoyable.
    For tough challenges,summer of pain is coming.
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★
    Lmao said:

Nah Kabam genuinely can't win at this point

Content too hard = everyone shouts for a nerf
    Content too easy = everyone complains about it and asks for harder content

Make up your mind peeps

I hope kabam understands that there are very few people who didn’t like v6 and 7.1. The majority of people loved it and I hope they will continue to do more of this type of content in the future
    This.
  • Options
    HavanaknightHavanaknight Posts: 453 ★★★
    I actually busted out a 6* mole man for some of this and rather enjoyed it. That being said, entire paths shouldn’t be able to be cheesed by a 4* (venom heavy spam in the corner). And the final boss shouldn’t be easily cheesed either. I thought this variant lacked those pain point defenders. Maybe they could’ve put dragon man on one of the armor break paths. Or an armor break immune, or somebody that can shrug off like agent venom. The thorns/unstoppable interaction was neat, even if it was use Omega like always or heavy spam magneto.
  • Options
    Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    I’m with you on it being slightly easy, because I am capable of doing most things itemless. From act 6 compensation I basically explored using champs I wouldn’t ordinarily use and used my items, and I actually had fun. The issue I think is the rosters we have are so large , we use our best champions for the task , this is why it’s not hard.

Remove your ghost , omega red, red mags, all of a sudden you have to get creative in thinking.

The only way they could make a challenge at this point was to block those champs from entering content, I do believe it’s up to us to make it challenging. I mean in V2 for example you had to invest in a niceXL champ and got punished for using anything else.

The content is easy. Because you are probably using doom and ghost and other champs like that. I believe you are mixing up your skill with the ability of the champs , I imagine if you take those champs out , your skill is probably closer to a high end cav then a end game player as my skill is too.

It’s like a really old guy like 86 that has billions of dollars not understanding why he has the number one model in the world on his shoulder, chances are it’s not his cardio.

I guss what I’m trying to say is understand that none of us aren’t as good as we think , and if you take one or two champs from us , it becomes apparent! Cheers