**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Which villains bypass Thorns?

Trying to explore V6 but the path in 2.1 with Thorns is proving to be tricky.

Comments

• tklmctklmc Posts: 54
    Omega is correct but only mediums and heavies
  • X_ScottX_Scott Posts: 732 ★★★
    The regen isn't kicking in everytime. Is it bugged? Happened against Sinister and Rulk
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★

Red Magneto parry, heavy.

Nope his attacks are energy based, you need non contact attacks to bypass thorns
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Greekhit said:

Nope his attacks are energy based, you need non contact attacks to bypass thorns
    Due to Variant 6 beast or monster node (can’t say sure which one), Magneto regen 10% max health on each heavy, so he can outregen thorns damage, if he is at a high rank or boosted.
    The question was "which villans bypass thorns" magneto does not..
  • zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,108 ★★★★★
    I am doing this path now. Just beat sinister with magneto. Just parry heavy, l3. He can regen back his health because of the unstoppable. Much better option omega red.
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★
    tklmc said:

Omega is correct but only mediums and heavies

Yep, or special attacks. Has to be a "tentacle attack".
    X_Scott said:

The regen isn't kicking in everytime. Is it bugged? Happened against Sinister and Rulk

It's possible you were hit during an unstoppable proc, which would have put the unstoppable into cool down for a bit.

Greekhit said:

Due to Variant 6 beast or monster node (can’t say sure which one), Magneto regen 10% max health on each heavy, so he can outregen thorns damage, if he is at a high rank or boosted.
    I chose to read between the lines and actually give a helpful answer. It's clear the op was looking for an answer for V6 thorns path... Anyone who has done the lane including myself knows that Mags can actually finish with a yellow bar using only parry heavy. As the thorns he takes from the heavy attack is healed back and then some from the 10% regen per unstoppable proc. And yes, I know how thorns works. Thank you.
    Wonder who the disagree is from... Smh
  • JAATKINGJAATKING Posts: 111
    I think Strom pyramid x bypass thorns as her attacks are energy attacks.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★

Greekhit said:

The question also stated it was in variant 6, 2.1, Which means magneto is a counter because of the nodes.
  • FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★

Greekhit said:

I chose to read between the lines and actually give a helpful answer. It's clear the op was looking for an answer for V6 thorns path... Anyone who has done the lane including myself knows that Mags can actually finish with a yellow bar using only parry heavy. As the thorns he takes from the heavy attack is healed back and then some from the 10% regen per unstoppable proc. And yes, I know how thorns works. Thank you.
    Wonder who the disagree is from... Smh
    Some people do it because they have nothing better to do. I wouldn’t worry about it.
  • Raichu626Raichu626 Posts: 934 ★★★★
    Hendross said:

Did this path twice today with red mags. Dont forget to bait sp1 before your own sp3, God save you if Sinister transfers them back.

Shouldn't be a problem uf you have coagulate, right?
  • TheHeroDeservedTheHeroDeserved Posts: 731 ★★★

X_Scott said:

It's possible you were hit during an unstoppable proc, which would have put the unstoppable into cool down for a bit.
    Faced the samme issue when I explored the quest. And no, the unstoppable wasnt on a cooldown and the opponent wasnt #metal.
  • ShinobiGuyShinobiGuy Posts: 555 ★★★

X_Scott said:

Faced the samme issue when I explored the quest. And no, the unstoppable wasnt on a cooldown and the opponent wasnt #metal.
    Do you have the pacify mastery? That actually works against you.

• TheHeroDeservedTheHeroDeserved Posts: 731 ★★★

X_Scott said:

Do you have the pacify mastery? That actually works against you.

Ah! That must be it. Couldnt figure it out. Thanks.
    I don’t get the disagrees on using red magneto. Did you guys actually play the thorns path? I’ve explored 2.1 and red magneto was the best option over omega red.
  • TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    I only used Magneto for the Vision on that path. Omega Red worked so much better for me - able to solo the path with him and since I have him at sig 200, I was able to benefit from the regen from unblockable activating semi-regularly.

I tried using Magneto for the entire path and he was just so much more difficult to maintain IMO.
    Sinister was the tricky one but he is the first fight so I can restart if I mess up.
  • Hilbert_unbeatable2Hilbert_unbeatable2 Posts: 804 ★★★
    Omega red, magneto
    Unitman works best