**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

My First Run with Immortal Hulk and I Like Him!

HamedSOHamedSO Posts: 139
edited December 2020 in General Discussion

Comments

• FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    I think he’s good. His damage at R5 is pretty significant.

He lacks some universal usefulness but how many champs are named quake or ghost.

He’s also fun to play. He feels like the Hulk when you smash away with the sp2
  • Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,721 ★★★★
    edited December 2020
    I find his fun to play and used him to clear the whole Act 7.1.3 path up to red hulk.

https://youtu.be/kcFxXpPS5rk
    https://youtu.be/iZNUp1iS1a0
    https://youtu.be/cQvttLVKJfM
    https://youtu.be/Rio-vAisr0k
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

He is easily a top tier champ for damage alone. I would r3 him in a second. I really don’t get all the hate he got.

Think people aren’t use to his rotation
  • HamedSOHamedSO Posts: 139
    Crcrcrc said:

He is easily a top tier champ for damage alone. I would r3 him in a second. I really don’t get all the hate he got.

I don't know why Seatin has put him in the 4th tier!
    Texas_11 said:

Crcrcrc said:

Yes its tough to be done as well! I haven't seen anyone doing it except Seatin!
  • NewlinstheoryNewlinstheory Posts: 1,012 ★★★★
    @Crcrcrc everything you’re saying..........

I AGREE WITH and I PRAY i get him this Tuesday
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,938 ★★★★★

@Crcrcrc everything you’re saying..........

I AGREE WITH and I PRAY i get him this Tuesday

SAME. I want him so bad. I only have enough for one crystal though.
  • Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,548 ★★★★★
    After I R5 mojo for defense, he will be my next R5 probably mid January at the latest and I’m really excited. He’s stupid fun to play and with some node combinations in act 7, it shows he can be useful in endgame content.
  • slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★
    Ppl think he bad bc they didn't know his true rotation and self-damaged, but those self damage are make for him, benefit his kit as well, look how he smash those 300k in just under 40 hit
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    HamedSO said:

Texas_11 said:

Crcrcrc said:

Yes its tough to be done as well! I haven't seen anyone doing it except Seatin!
    Once you get the hang of it , it’s very rewarding. The trick really is , you don’t want to start your rotation until you get to level 2. After that you can heal back up full health every time. I’ll see if I can get a video in the next couple days. Seatin is usually not the best IMO for rotations , MSD , Jason Vhoores, DDD( although he is cav now) they understand rotations.

Don’t forget no one really knew doom cycle
  • gage201205gage201205 Posts: 571 ★★★
    I think the first video showed his biggest and worst flaw it's the rage timer it's so dang fast if your opponent isn't aggressive you'll restart back at zero
  • MarshMarloMarshMarlo Posts: 243 ★★★
    I couldn't careless about his damage/utilities.

What I love about him is his animations and the way how your screen seems to vibrate/quake when you hit.
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,938 ★★★★★

I think the first video showed his biggest and worst flaw it's the rage timer it's so dang fast if your opponent isn't aggressive you'll restart back at zero

You only need 4-5 stacks to deal great damage. While using him, I found that it isn't too much of an issue because you can restack them in 2 combos for great damage.
    Crcrcrc said:

You only need 4-5 stacks to deal great damage. While using him, I found that it isn't too much of an issue because you can restack them in 2 combos for great damage.
    There might be a better rotation, but i found MLM & then SP2, SP1 and repeat. I managed to get to 25 rage after 1 rotation against WS.

https://youtu.be/oxwATTHybKY
  • LunaeLunae Posts: 371 ★★★
    A general rule I keep to myself when playing him is to at least have 6 rage stacks before starting his rotation.

Realistically I’ve found that once I’m at about 2 bars of power I can go for medium, medium, parry medium, heavy cancel, sp2. Then with his sp2s stun I can do medium, medium, medium, heavy cancel, sp1 and after all that he’s at around 23 rage stacks I believe. Sometimes I’ll also get lucky and will hit 6 or more stacks without having to work in his heavy attack, but I’ve found this method to be much more frustrating and too rng based for my liking.

Lately I’ve also been timing his immortality to trigger near the end of his rotation so I can maintain his rage stacks without worrying about the defenders blocking. It also works nicely by letting you tank sp3s while also allowing you to build a little extra power. If you also use his unblockable just right by throwing some double medium combos in, to build the most power, you can usually reach another sp2 and start his rotation all over again, except this time without having to use any heavy attacks since he’s already fully ramped up. It’s also important to go medium, medium, medium, medium, full combo on his sp2s stun this second time around. Blocking special attacks also sometimes comes in handy for building extra power if necessary. Overall it’s been working fairly well, but there’s probably still a faster and higher damage rotation.

I pretty much have the same suggestions as most:
    Either extend his Immortality duration or pause it during all special attacks.
    Decrease cool down duration.
    Increased stun chance on sp1.
    Give him taunt.
    Tenacity or full immunities during immortality/regeneration.
    Pause or refresh rage stacks on blocked hits on both player and opponent.
    Maybe perfect block on parrys while on cool down to reward skillful playing.
    Have rage stacks fall off in increments instead of all at once perhaps.

I think most players dislike him simply because he’s not very user friendly and way too bare bones in his design. The developers probably were a tad bit too stingy on this ones design honestly.
    Lunae said:

A general rule I keep to myself when playing him is to at least have 6 rage stacks before starting his rotation.

Realistically I’ve found that once I’m at about 2 bars of power I can go for medium, medium, parry medium, heavy cancel, sp2. Then with his sp2s stun I can do medium, medium, medium, heavy cancel, sp1 and after all that he’s at around 23 rage stacks I believe. Sometimes I’ll also get lucky and will hit 6 or more stacks without having to work in his heavy attack, but I’ve found this method to be much more frustrating and too rng based for my liking.

Lately I’ve also been timing his immortality to trigger near the end of his rotation so I can maintain his rage stacks without worrying about the defenders blocking. It also works nicely by letting you tank sp3s while also allowing you to build a little extra power. If you also use his unblockable just right by throwing some double medium combos in, to build the most power, you can usually reach another sp2 and start his rotation all over again, except this time without having to use any heavy attacks since he’s already fully ramped up. It’s also important to go medium, medium, medium, medium, full combo on his sp2s stun this second time around. Blocking special attacks also sometimes comes in handy for building extra power if necessary. Overall it’s been working fairly well, but there’s probably still a faster and higher damage rotation.

I pretty much have the same suggestions as most:
    Either extend his Immortality duration or pause it during all special attacks.
    Decrease cool down duration.
    Increased stun chance on sp1.
    Give him taunt.
    Tenacity or full immunities during immortality/regeneration.
    Pause or refresh rage stacks on blocked hits on both player and opponent.
    Maybe perfect block on parrys while on cool down to reward skillful playing.
    Have rage stacks fall off in increments instead of all at once perhaps.

I think most players dislike him simply because he’s not very user friendly and way too bare bones in his design. The developers probably were a tad bit too stingy on this ones design honestly.

Thanks for the tips and the insights! So helpful bro
    I took him on Cavalier Diss Track and he did alright.

https://youtu.be/_5C3eNsTIRk