**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Has their ever been a Champion that got a nerf

MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
This counts as a NERF not a buff that people call a nerf i don't have great of memory so I dont remember

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,759 ★★★★★
    Apart from bug fixes and other stuff that player's mistakenly call "nerf", yes there has been a couple of nerfs in the past.
    Mostly were done on patch 12.0
  • Mrspider568Mrspider568 Posts: 1,995 ★★★
    The infamous guillotine 2099 synergy change
  • Sorry... Dr. Strange and Thor take the cake. Sad days...
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★

The 12.0 Extinction Event

yes... yes
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,978 ★★★★★

Drax
    AA

Those weren't nerfs.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,978 ★★★★★
    The true nerfs were 12.0. After that, there weren't any. You could technically call Namors regen a nerf but really the only true thing that matters on Namors is his reflection damage.
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★

The true nerfs were 12.0. After that, there weren't any. You could technically call Namors regen a nerf but really the only true thing that matters on Namors is his reflection damage.

Namor, She Hulk, Morningstar, BWCV and others disagree with that.
    Champs like SH and MS were working like this for years.
    How would you call a change on a champ, that decreases his performance, no matter if it wasn’t “intended” to work like that or not?
    Cause there is only one word describe it precisely and it is NERF.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Greekhit said:

How would you call a change on a champ, that decreases his performance, no matter if it wasn’t “intended” to work like that or not?
    If something isn't intended to work in a way, then you can't call it a nerf. That's literally a fix. There's a massive difference between the two, trust me, I spent almost a decade working in the Games Industry having to define the difference between these two things.
    HI_guys said:

ItsDamien said:

Greekhit said:

If something isn't intended to work in a way, then you can't call it a nerf. That's literally a fix. There's a massive difference between the two, trust me, I spent almost a decade working in the Games Industry having to define the difference between these two things.
    A decade in gaming industry and can't tell the difference between asking a question and complaining
    A decade in the gaming industry to tell you that you need to learn not to complain and say that you're not like some absolute child. Go back to school.
    HI_guys said:

ItsDamien said:

HI_guys said:

ItsDamien said:

Greekhit said:

A decade in gaming industry and can't tell the difference between asking a question and complaining
    A decade in the gaming industry to tell you that you need to learn not to complain and say that you're not like some absolute child. Go back to school.
    I wish. College sucks
    Clearly, because they still haven't taught you the difference.
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

Greekhit said:

I don’t disagree with that, but a fix can be a nerf also, since it reduces the champion’s performance. One thing doesn’t cancel another.
    She hulk could chain her heavy since her release. It wasn’t a secret and Kabam probably was aware of that for years. The truth is that they change it, because she was destroying 6.2 Champion. She still does, but not with the comfort she could pre change.
    Also truth is that the 6.2 Champion was the cause of many champion “fixes”.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    edited December 2020
    Depends on your definition of nerf.
    But the indisputable ones include
    Star lord
    Scarlet witch
    Dr strange
    Rocket technically got nerfed when they switched from percentages to numerical values as he lost his ability to reach 100% crit rate, though that change affected a few champs in different ways.
    And the forgotten victim of 12.0... magneto