**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

New Christmas Calender! [Merged]

Comments

• Farrukh_tvFarrukh_tv Posts: 208 ★★
    even grandmaster shards would've been better than solo crystal shards, other than that I'm happy, I got one 6* from epoch shards already so I'm hopeful for another coming 2 openings.
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    maybe i'm an idiot but i still think is an error or something, it cannot be that bad
  • DernickDernick Posts: 26
    👎🤮
  • RyanPuffRyanPuff Posts: 29

Yikes entitled much

To be fair, kabam made a worse calendar then 2017
    You realize this right?
  • MousiasMousias Posts: 39

Theory: Since the Calendar isn't Progression based (Everyone gets the same thing), they don't want it to be too game breaking and just gave everyone basic stuff. The good stuff will be in the Christmas Gift since that one is progression based.

So here is my prediction:

Proven and Below:
    5,000 Solo Crystal Shards.
    Uncollected:
    30,000 Solo Crystal Shards
    Cavalier:
    6,500 Solo Crystal Shards
    Thronebreaker:
    100,000 Solo Crystal Shards

The previous years the calendar wasn't progression based, but they gave lots of good stuff.
  • Jslap said:

Kabam, thanks for the EXTRA holiday calendar. I see that the actual calendar is supposed to start on the 21st, so this must be in addition. I trust you guys wouldnt make the actual holiday calendar worse than the 2018 holiday calendar. Nice prank though, you got me at first. Lol.

It's 21 December in some places
    So kabam ain't pranking

the calendar always comes the day prior to when scheduled

Correct.
    Game Calendars start at midnight (00:00 UTC, ie GMT, aka London minus any DST adjustment), which once the clock hits midnight is counted as being INTO the NEXT day (midnight is the beginning of a day, not the end of a day). And so in US which is behind UTC ends up starting in the evening (or late afternoon west coast) PRIOR to the calendar date listed in Announcements.

Now if it's about the “contents”, there's a whole nother “Merged” thread about that.
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    Mousias said:

Theory: Since the Calendar isn't Progression based (Everyone gets the same thing), they don't want it to be too game breaking and just gave everyone basic stuff. The good stuff will be in the Christmas Gift since that one is progression based.

So here is my prediction:

Proven and Below:
    5,000 Solo Crystal Shards.
    Uncollected:
    30,000 Solo Crystal Shards
    Cavalier:
    6,500 Solo Crystal Shards
    Thronebreaker:
    100,000 Solo Crystal Shards

The previous years the calendar wasn't progression based, but they gave lots of good stuff.
    But this year they might since they are afraid that giving too much Solo Crystal Shards will break the game.
  • GoDlyZorGoDlyZor Posts: 150
    Masterdux said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I remember that this calendar historically has always sucked, so nothing new here.
    I'm saving my pitchfork for christmas morning :p

Wrong, check out the vids from last year and the pics posted elsewhere on this thread. Last year had a lot better things including a t2a and 5* shards
  • ScreaminghawkScreaminghawk Posts: 63
    edited December 2020
    I think Kabam is moving to differentiate the calendar from other special calendars. While solo crystal shards are meh! I would say thank you and grab 900 units worth GGC, 90 units worth Energy , 84 units worth health options. Totalling to 1074 units of useable items so yeah not bad. Not comparing to any previous years though. 2020 should never be compared to any of the previous years.
  • Beyond disappointed smh kabam
  • GoDlyZorGoDlyZor Posts: 150

Well, it looks like the mysterious “Resources” turns out to be “Epoch Shards”.....and I can’t even exchange for two Cavalier Year-based Crystals after collecting all the shards from this calendar.....

Interesting~🤷🏾‍♂️

And BTW, it seems that this Christmas celebration calendar is not progression-based. You will receive a same calendar no matter if you’re Uncollected, Cavalier or ThroneBreaker~

Holiday calendar has never been progression based and don't think many people thought it would be this year.

Also, reason for 6k epoch instead of 8k is that if you did all difficulties you'd end up with enough for 18 cav crystals and 2k left over so this 6k let's you buy 2 more rounding it off to 20 cav crystals if you didn't spend them on something else a did you did all difficulties.
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,737 ★★★★★
    I dont think it's that much worse than 2017, maybe even better:

2017 - 4 GGC with lower droprates + t2a
    2020 - 3 GGC with better droprates + 2 cav crystals w arguably the best pool of champs

if you doubt the GGC droprates have been changing, consider that no such thing as nexus or 6* existed back then
  • Aziz5253Aziz5253 Posts: 495 ★★★
    edited December 2020
    L3am said:

Pretty clear that the calendar was intended. Epoch shards in the calendar add up to exactly two extra crystals

Even if it's as intended we need to wait until they atleast confirm it. Let them enjoy their weekend cause hells gonna drop on the forums if this was the calendar intended
  • In my opinion GGCs are too OP for new players. Imagine if someone who joined a few days back gets a 6star from GGC, that would make Act 1- 4 a walkthrough. Are GGC outcomes progression based though?
  • StrayPoolStrayPool Posts: 98
    Kabam out here assuming everyone opened their gift early; they had coal rewards ready for launch from the word "go".
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★

DrZola said:

TurboGod said:

Caliver players: Treat us better man, we need resources to rank up to get Thronebreaker. Stop giving us joke offers and stuff

Kabam: everyone is getting proven offers now.

The calender 2020 deserved

You think they were going to give people a T5CC in the Calendar?
    I don’t think that’s what anyone rational is suggesting. However, they removed the 4* challenge objective that awarded a 10% T5c crystal, and there’s been significant speculation some part of the gift involves T5c shards. Not unreasonable, especially since mods responded to the 4* challenge queries by claiming to be checking on it and it’s been asked about time and again.

Dr. Zola
    Oh, I get the connection. I speculated the same. I was wrong. I guessed it might be because of the same reason, but let's be honest. The Holiday Calendar isn't about to get people to TB. In fact, ever since the introduction of the Title, people have wanted nothing but T5CCs. Only, they're THE most rare Resource in the game. Which means they're not going to fall from the sky. The OP implied Cav Players wanted Resources to get them to TB. That's not all going to happen from logging on.

TurboGod said:

Caliver players: Treat us better man, we need resources to rank up to get Thronebreaker. Stop giving us joke offers and stuff

Kabam: everyone is getting proven offers now.

The calender 2020 deserved

You think they were going to give people a T5CC in the Calendar?
    Preferably literally anything but solo shards?
    Meh. Free is free. I just don't want Epoch Shards. The gift of RNG with a large possibility of something useless for me.
    Free is free... Sure, but whats the point giving a reward that can give a maximum of like 5% of a t5b but most likely just a 10% boost, when you can do solo events and get like 3 of those a day?
  • xandersrevengexandersrevenge Posts: 267
    😂😂😂. Ho ho ho you ungrateful people. We had so many rewards this month
  • xandersrevengexandersrevenge Posts: 267
    😂😂 now I know why people expect so much. Greedy grinches