**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

First Abyss run for an average player - my abyss story.

GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
Just wanted to write up on my experience in the abyss. I`m a so so player that has completed act 6. Done most the variants 100% (except v1 and the newest edition). I had been saving units for quite some time, and managed to get around 14k. Wanted to use everything for the gifting event and receive revives and some potions to do my run. Because I had limited time after Tuesday I decided yesterday evening to start my run. I was planning on using my free revives, and maybe just a little bit of units.
I had already figured out, if I had atleast 9k+ units I would be able to get everything from the gifting event I wanted. Scared to be kicked out of the quest when Gifting started (same as for some people during the shard arena’s) I decided to push on.

My team:
5/65 sig 180 Aegon
5/65 sig 80 Symbiote Supreme
5/65 sig 20 Torch
5/65 sig 4 Nick Fury
3/45 Heimdall.

As for many, Heimdall was my MVP, he helped me do a lot of damage where I would normally have died.
Before my run I was contemplating leaving Torch out of the team and just brute forcing my way through Mephisto, but I was glad I didn`t do it and sacrificed Proxima.

I had Roughly 61 revives, and 139 potions (43 lv 4 and 96 lv 3)
In the end I had to use 208 revives. I know that is pretty bad, but like I said. I`m a so so player.

Thing – I feared this guy a lot, because I am really really bad against him. And since I won`t do any damage in the beginning I thought I had to use my 36 lv1 revives just to build Aegon up. In the End I used 20 and got him down. Ended with a combo of around 400.

Omega – I thought this fight would have been easier. I still had to get into the run. So I had to use 16 revives here

Quake – The first larger health pool. Messed up quite a few times, but ended the fight with a 999 combo. 15 revives used. I was out of free revives.

Medusa – I finally felt like I was getting into the run. Only 6 revives here using Aegon.
Mephisto – Time to see if my torch gameplay was up for the task. It went pretty well for quite some time. And I died when I had him at 28%. Because of the low sig of my Torch it took me 3 rounds without nova flames and played really bad. Nova Flames back on at 24% and killed him. 4 revives in total.

Cap marvel – So glad she is working as intended now. 2 revives with Symbiote Supreme

Ghost – Decently easy fight. All deaths were do to impatience. 3 revives.

IMIW – I have always been team Captain America, and this fight convinced me I was right all along. 20 revives.

Joe Fixit – Started to get tired but didn`t want to quite. The sp2 got me quite a few times and I had to use 12 revives in the end.

Mordo – Tried with Torch, but failed hard. Did take some of with Nick Fury but ended up nuking him down with Aegon. 16 revives.

VTD – Symbiote Supreme really pulled his weight here. 8 revives

Howard – I thought this fight would be a big roadblock for me. Since you have to get the indestructible of before you can do damage. Was late with my parry at 30% but wasn`t as bad as I feared. 9 revives.

Hyperion – Symbiote again. But had switched back to suicides without mystic dispersion. So it did take me 7 revives.

Champion – Switched back to Aegon for this fight. 5 revives

Cyclops – Here it becomes truly obvious I am not a good player. I just ended up nuking him with again, so skill involved. 16 revives

Loki – Pretty easy fight 3 revives

Aegon – Same as above, 4 revives
Invisible Woman – I feared this fight just as much as Howard, but in the end it wasn`t all that bad. 7 revives

Cull- Symbiote again, without MD and full suicides. This was the closest I got to a solo. But sadly at 11% I got over confident and got hit. 1 revives

Collector – Looking at IMIW and Cyclops I was scared I would end up using an insane amount of revives. 19 isn`t great, but it was better than I had thought.

Eventhou for a lot of people this will seem like a very bad run. For me, it was actually pretty good. And I am convinced that anyone, given the right champions and around 8k units will be able to clear this first path.
Won`t be returning to the abyss any time soon, eventhou I really liked the experience.

For my rewards I got Colossus and Nebula. I have both as 5/65 5* duped. But I really like playing with both champions, so I was actually quite glad with my pulls.

My t5cc was a science – sadly the only class I was already halfway for (the rest only a hand full of shards) but it is my first r3 when I get enough t5b and t2a. Hopefully before Christmas. I was planning on using it on my mister Fantastic, but my 3 year old son is a huge Red Hulk fan. And he was my first 6 star. So I guess I`ll make him happy. I like the champion aswell, and don`t care for my first r3 to not be a beyond god tier champ.

My AG was for Cosmic, which I will save. Only have Angela and Carnage for it. And since I run full suicides all the time, Carnage won`t really be used.

To everyone that made it through the end, thank you for reading. And to all the average players out there. If I can do it. So can you!!!!

Comments

• PappaBunnyPappaBunny Posts: 112
    Thank you for sharing.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,151 ★★★★★
    Awesome.
  • Xva23Xva23 Posts: 500 ★★★
    You're not alone. My run was pretty bad. Took about 9k units, no stash. Still an awesome achievement. Congrats!
  • dangarang122dangarang122 Posts: 410 ★★★
    Btw...red hulk is an awesome champ....very r3 worthy....Congo on the completion!!
  • BadPullsMarcoBadPullsMarco Posts: 418 ★★★
    Nice dude, although just give some thought to wether throne breaker is more important to you then a good R3 (although red hulk I think is great). I personally pushed through and got throne breaker just for that Christmas gift but after the holiday calendar...not sure its gonna be worth it.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Congrats
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    @dangarang122 Yes he is. And the nice thing is, is that he was my very first 6 star champ. Feels sort of right to choose him. My son is the main reason for it. Because he loves Red Hulk. Always wants to be him when we play superhero.

@BadPullsMarco I personally think it is worthy. I had an option for every class, and would just take anyone. The upgrade to the daily crystals, Glorie store and other rewards is worth it. I see it as an investment towards easier r3 champs in the future. So it didn`t really matter what class I got.

And to everyone else, glad you liked the write up. Wanted to show the cavaliers out there that it is possible, even with average skill.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    Thank you @Giuliameij

Dr. Zola
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,107 ★★★★★
    edited December 2020
    Good story @Giuliameij - my run wasn't much better. I had no stash to speak of (like 12 revives in total lol) but wanted to get it done before BF weekend was over so pushed through anyway. It's been worth it so far with TB perks and I got good pulls (CMM + cosmic 6* gem for one).

It's easy to "get good" at story or event quests like in Act 6 when you can start over as many times as needed to get a handle, but that's a no-no in abyss after the first 3-4 fights. Without playing the Abyss you never really know how to handle the fights. Watching youtube videos and reading posts on forums in no way prepares you for the actual gameplay especially as the AI is so RNG/fluid. When I fought mordo I got an unbaitable AI and wasted my nova and had to use revives - same with mephisto. Well done.
  • GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,182 ★★★★★
    You guys making me stress for my first run tomorrow.
    I got no stash but 5.6k units
    @Ghostboytjie You could always trade with an alliance mate, the 5.6k should be good to get the unit milestones in the gifting event. Which will give you stuff worth 6.1k in total.
    Good luck on your run. I would suggest however to get a bigger stash. Save up your 4 hour crystals for a while and open them just before your run. Those will give you plenty of revives and potions for the run.
  • allinashesallinashes Posts: 777 ★★★
    Congrats @Giuliameij and good job. As an average player, I like to see these runs which are more realistic for some of us.

I'm low-key in the middle of my first run and on IMIW currently. Haven't done any since last Thursday because I like to find an hour at least to run totally undisturbed and that's harder than you'd think with a wife and kid.

I want to finish in the next day or so because the holidays=no play time. Will probably use my lunch breaks hoping it's enough time.
  • Rbk19Rbk19 Posts: 195 ★★

Just wanted to write up on my experience in the abyss. I`m a so so player that has completed act 6. Done most the variants 100% (except v1 and the newest edition). I had been saving units for quite some time, and managed to get around 14k. Wanted to use everything for the gifting event and receive revives and some potions to do my run. Because I had limited time after Tuesday I decided yesterday evening to start my run. I was planning on using my free revives, and maybe just a little bit of units.
    I had already figured out, if I had atleast 9k+ units I would be able to get everything from the gifting event I wanted. Scared to be kicked out of the quest when Gifting started (same as for some people during the shard arena’s) I decided to push on.

My team:
    5/65 sig 180 Aegon
    5/65 sig 80 Symbiote Supreme
    5/65 sig 20 Torch
    5/65 sig 4 Nick Fury
    3/45 Heimdall.

As for many, Heimdall was my MVP, he helped me do a lot of damage where I would normally have died.
    Before my run I was contemplating leaving Torch out of the team and just brute forcing my way through Mephisto, but I was glad I didn`t do it and sacrificed Proxima.

I had Roughly 61 revives, and 139 potions (43 lv 4 and 96 lv 3)
    In the end I had to use 208 revives. I know that is pretty bad, but like I said. I`m a so so player.

Thing – I feared this guy a lot, because I am really really bad against him. And since I won`t do any damage in the beginning I thought I had to use my 36 lv1 revives just to build Aegon up. In the End I used 20 and got him down. Ended with a combo of around 400.

Omega – I thought this fight would have been easier. I still had to get into the run. So I had to use 16 revives here

Quake – The first larger health pool. Messed up quite a few times, but ended the fight with a 999 combo. 15 revives used. I was out of free revives.

Medusa – I finally felt like I was getting into the run. Only 6 revives here using Aegon.
    Mephisto – Time to see if my torch gameplay was up for the task. It went pretty well for quite some time. And I died when I had him at 28%. Because of the low sig of my Torch it took me 3 rounds without nova flames and played really bad. Nova Flames back on at 24% and killed him. 4 revives in total.

Cap marvel – So glad she is working as intended now. 2 revives with Symbiote Supreme

Ghost – Decently easy fight. All deaths were do to impatience. 3 revives.

IMIW – I have always been team Captain America, and this fight convinced me I was right all along. 20 revives.

Joe Fixit – Started to get tired but didn`t want to quite. The sp2 got me quite a few times and I had to use 12 revives in the end.

Mordo – Tried with Torch, but failed hard. Did take some of with Nick Fury but ended up nuking him down with Aegon. 16 revives.

VTD – Symbiote Supreme really pulled his weight here. 8 revives

Howard – I thought this fight would be a big roadblock for me. Since you have to get the indestructible of before you can do damage. Was late with my parry at 30% but wasn`t as bad as I feared. 9 revives.

Hyperion – Symbiote again. But had switched back to suicides without mystic dispersion. So it did take me 7 revives.

Champion – Switched back to Aegon for this fight. 5 revives

Cyclops – Here it becomes truly obvious I am not a good player. I just ended up nuking him with again, so skill involved. 16 revives

Loki – Pretty easy fight 3 revives

Aegon – Same as above, 4 revives
    Invisible Woman – I feared this fight just as much as Howard, but in the end it wasn`t all that bad. 7 revives

Cull- Symbiote again, without MD and full suicides. This was the closest I got to a solo. But sadly at 11% I got over confident and got hit. 1 revives

Collector – Looking at IMIW and Cyclops I was scared I would end up using an insane amount of revives. 19 isn`t great, but it was better than I had thought.

Eventhou for a lot of people this will seem like a very bad run. For me, it was actually pretty good. And I am convinced that anyone, given the right champions and around 8k units will be able to clear this first path.
    Won`t be returning to the abyss any time soon, eventhou I really liked the experience.

For my rewards I got Colossus and Nebula. I have both as 5/65 5* duped. But I really like playing with both champions, so I was actually quite glad with my pulls.

My t5cc was a science – sadly the only class I was already halfway for (the rest only a hand full of shards) but it is my first r3 when I get enough t5b and t2a. Hopefully before Christmas. I was planning on using it on my mister Fantastic, but my 3 year old son is a huge Red Hulk fan. And he was my first 6 star. So I guess I`ll make him happy. I like the champion aswell, and don`t care for my first r3 to not be a beyond god tier champ.

My AG was for Cosmic, which I will save. Only have Angela and Carnage for it. And since I run full suicides all the time, Carnage won`t really be used.

To everyone that made it through the end, thank you for reading. And to all the average players out there. If I can do it. So can you!!!!

Don't feel bad you completed one of the toughest content in the game. Go for red Hulk not only for throne breaker he is really a good champion.
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    I was kind of surprised at the number of revives it took for thing but to be honest the rest of the run is what I’d expect my first run to be like. Whenever I have the aegon to do it.
  • rnr87rnr87 Posts: 394
    I pulled aegon out the 5* crystal from my completion run lol
    rnr87 said:

I pulled aegon out the 5* crystal from my completion run lol

That is harsh. I got him from the first 5 star I opened after I had done my initial labyrinth clear.
    @Will3808 The reason for those revives were my banking my combo. I kept on losing it the first couple of tries. So after, I build up to a sp3 and threw it. As soon as the stun ended I quit and went again.
    Not a very good way, but it got the job done. Like I said. I am really really bad against Thing.
  • zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,108 ★★★★★
    Congrats on completing abyss. I was actually surprised you used aegon for Medusa when you have symbiote supreme in the team. He would had cost you less revives against medusa.
  • BsuGuyBsuGuy Posts: 138
    I was inspired by this post as I feel we are about the same caliber of player. I am currently at Loki. I will post my results on this thread once I finish.
    Same also got inspired (but stressed) my run was an 2000 unit run with empty stash. This Thread shows that whatever skill level you are on. Theres still a way to do abyss.
    And I agree that Omega fight isnt as easy as I first thought it was. Also used Aegon
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★
    Congratulations! Nothing to be ashamed of, to me — it’s a game, not your job

Good players deserve all the credit they earn, but most of us are a notch or two, even three, below the best players in this game
  • BsuGuyBsuGuy Posts: 138
    edited December 2020
    Finished path 1 about 4 hours ago. Used 144 revives so about 5700 units. Didn’t have any potions stashed so total units spent was around 8k. The collector fight really sucked for me and took way revives than any other fight.

I pulled a cosmic awakening gem and a cosmic t5cc so CMM got awakened and taken to rank 3. In all it was satisfying but I won’t be back in the Abyss any time soon. Thanks again @Giuliameij for the motivation to get this done.
    @BsuGuy Glad my post inspired you. Great job my friend!!