**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

LOL Strategy Question (Building Team)

MhykkeMhykke Posts: 431 ★★★
So I'm going to do my first run at LOL pretty soon. I've been waiting until I find a usable 5*, but that's not going to happen as I've had pretty bad luck with 5* crystals, and now I'm hoarding them until December.

So I'm thinking of the team, and I know generally people say 4* star lord with attack synergy team. But I recently went in there with a group of heavy hitters, all maxed 4*s, and I was able to get Red Hulk down about 65/70% with my team. I figure 1 team revive for a hundred units would finish him off. That would average about 1 team revive per champ, with 18 champs, that's about 1800 units. Now let's double that figure just to account for some struggles along the way, so about 3600 units. Not terrible for a group of 4 stars right?

If I did a varied team, that would leave me with a cosmic champ for Maestro, and maybe someone to help mitigate limbo for Magik.

Am I missing something, does this sound like decent strategy? Or should I just do Star Lord with attack synergy team? I went in there with just start lord and didn't do as much damage as my entire team did. If I had to keep reviving just Star Lord, that's 40 units a pop, vs just 100 for the entire team.

Bad idea to go varied with max 4 stars?

Comments

• 4*s will up your unit cost for sure. The general consensus leads towards starlord for all things, but being comfortable and doing well with a champ(s) is a big deal as well.
    Red Hulk is also a weird champ as far as using him as a measuring stick. Physical resistance along with a somewhat quirky fighting style isn't a great measure imo.
    How did you do as far as the timers go?
  • MhykkeMhykke Posts: 431 ★★★
    4*s will up your unit cost for sure. The general consensus leads towards starlord for all things, but being comfortable and doing well with a champ(s) is a big deal as well.
    Red Hulk is also a weird champ as far as using him as a measuring stick. Physical resistance along with a somewhat quirky fighting style isn't a great measure imo.
    How did you do as far as the timers go?

I mean, timers weren't great. Red Hulk didn't really touch any of my champs, but was pretty quick getting to that last enrage. It still seems that I get more value using a team revive for 100 units vs constantly rezzing Star Lord for 40 a pop. I mean, if he were a 5 star it might be different....

It sounds great when just trying it on Red Hulk...I'm just worried I'll get like halfway through and be absolutely screwed on an enemy that'll be a huge unit sink for my team...

• Horror_punkHorror_punk Posts: 1,053 ★★★★
    Don't confuse LOL with red hulk only
    With 4* SL its like horrible
    Opponents like FALCON, MAGIK, WAR MACHINE, ANTMAN, VENOM are 3x times difficult than red hulk
    Further maestro... He's alone 10 times tougher than red hulk. You end up losing many units against maestro without doing any damage because he's terrible and if you relying on tech champs then regen is there to grab many revives.
    Better go with a decent 5* 4/55 because they got more timer and can do decent damage
  • Can you hold a high combo with starlord? If so, I'd think him plus synergies would be the best... But I don't know your roster.
  • NightCrackerNightCracker Posts: 157
    I did my first path in LoL with a 4* SL and here is some information on what I found. Using a SL as main champ and with a crit team will increase the damage output than going in with a full team of heavy hitters. RH physical resistance is a pain and try to hit him with your L2 when he has no heat charges to take him down faster. Below is a screenshot of a single shot at RH and took out about 400k damage with just one champ. Only change I might have done was change my team to also include Drax or someone to increase block due to Falcon and Warmachine if you can't get them to their L2.

a1bbx5cwgps5.jpg
    Can you hold a high combo with starlord? If so, I'd think him plus synergies would be the best... But I don't know your roster.

Yep, can hold a high combo with SL...just that it seemed, at least on Red Hulk, that even with a high combo, I'd spend more in units rezzing SL than rezzing an entire team at once.

As far as my roster goes, I pretty much have every 4 star maxed (at least the usable ones). 5 stars I don't have anyone worth spending resources on that would be of much help in LOL (again, my 5 star luck has been pretty awful).

• The way you're talking is definitely doable but it's probably going to be costly. That's not a knock on your skills at all. It's just a very hard quest. Best suggestion is to save up units, save up tons of the 4 hour crystals, farm ROL for potions, and study the map so you know who you're facing. Just making the wrong turns can get you if you're not paying attention haha.

At the same time, you never know when you'll get lucky with an op 5* that might change the picture altogether.
  • Player1994Player1994 Posts: 793 ★★★
    @Mhykke
    SO i took time to read all the feed-back and i've came up with this conclusion :
    1.As being said by more than one person above red hulk is not someone u can test on he is tanky but also quite easy to beat ( an easy long fight thats what it is about ) my approach would be to take him down in a solo fight.
    2.3600units is not a descent aproach for lol with 4* (8000units) as being reported magik limbo alone could take 3k units
    3.starlord alone is better than a team of 4* ( he would do more damage than them together) after they all dead u have to revive 1 so he better be enchanced by the others (attack synergy)
    4.don't worry about maestro regen (quite the fight when he toggle it ) wasting units on maestro a lots is better than wasting them all the way to him
    5. a 4* rang 5 vs 5* 5/65 means ( blockaj profiency - crit chance - crit damage - armor penetration..) would be reduced a lots (duel target 120 vs 100)
    6. boost are a complete waste on 4* attack boost health boost....

that being said if u have a pretty full inventory of champions to go with aq aw stroy quests and every aspects of the game u don't need to rush over lol u have time ( be passion ) if u cant my advise is sl with a crit team. farm rol potions/4h crystals . and a 10k units to be safe

Bad senario n1 : u get it done with 10k
    Horrible senario : u go middle the way and quite
  • GrimmbearGrimmbear Posts: 639 ★★★
    You should be able to get 500k off rh with 4* SL with no boosts, maybe more if you get lucky crits. Should be getting about 160 hits per run
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    Don't base your LOL run off the numbers you get on Red Hulk, on most bosses Starlord as a 4* can get off a lot more health than just 400K. If you want a real indication of the damage you can do is to practice on LOL enigmatic Starlord, his enigmatic ability doesn't affect the fight and you can see how much damage you can actually do. Now onto your actual question, the best team to use in LOL with 4*s is 5/50 starlord, 5/50 gwenpool, 50/50 wolverine, magneto and cyclops or just your best 5/50s. Gwenpool will have you a ton of units of Magik and using team revives will save you money if you have at least 3 champions that can do 300K - 400K damage in one run. Most fights using team revives will be good to use but certain fights like antman and Maestro you should be going full starlord.
    Sungj wrote: »
    Don't base your LOL run off the numbers you get on Red Hulk, on most bosses Starlord as a 4* can get off a lot more health than just 400K. If you want a real indication of the damage you can do is to practice on LOL enigmatic Starlord, his enigmatic ability doesn't affect the fight and you can see how much damage you can actually do. Now onto your actual question, the best team to use in LOL with 4*s is 5/50 starlord, 5/50 gwenpool, 50/50 wolverine, magneto and cyclops or just your best 5/50s. Gwenpool will have you a ton of units of Magik and using team revives will save you money if you have at least 3 champions that can do 300K - 400K damage in one run. Most fights using team revives will be good to use but certain fights like antman and Maestro you should be going full starlord.

Yeah, that's about what I was doing without boosts with just SL.....and I forgot about including boosts using the team, so that should up damage a little bit...And yep, was planning on pretty much just SL on Antman anyway as nobody else would proc anything against him.....But I was planning on bringing hyperion...figured he'd be better on Maestro than SL, with him being cosmic....would never trigger a regen...
  • Cant forget the opponents random evade. Found some opponents evaded way more frequently then red hulk ever did on my run and often that evade meant death
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    Mhykke wrote: »
    Yeah, that's about what I was doing without boosts with just SL.....and I forgot about including boosts using the team, so that should up damage a little bit...And yep, was planning on pretty much just SL on Antman anyway as nobody else would proc anything against him.....But I was planning on bringing hyperion...figured he'd be better on Maestro than SL, with him being cosmic....would never trigger a regen...

Hyperion is not really good for LOL since you can't parry then heavy to ramp up his damage
  • PedrobarraPedrobarra Posts: 41
    Dude the absolute best way to do it is just use 4* starlord. Even most r4 5*s pale in comparison to the r5 sl. As others mentioned, get as many critical synergies as possible. Take all your mastery points and put them into attack. Block proficiency, stupefy, parry and dex. Max assassin if you can.

It would be a waste to bring gp just for magic. Critical are where it’s at when it comes to r5 starlord. If you boost and change mastery to add pacify and energy resist you can down her in 3-5 revives easy. Just heal up fully each time. A rank 5 gwenpool will more then likely need more revives then that.

And spam your sp1, sp2 is just annoying bc of the power drain. Sp1 enables you to push their power bar faster. That means less baiting, less intercepting and less rushing their blocks to push the power bar. And it feels like if they evade the sp1 you recover faster then from the sp2.

This is coming from someone whose done 100% lab
  • KML15KML15 Posts: 139
    Use your SL and bring in 6k units minimum.