**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Gifting Alliance Event Question

StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
So I haven’t been in my new alli for 14 days yet so I can’t contribute points to the gifting event. I’m wondering if the points I got today (53K) will be applied to the points after my last nine days are up?

Comments

• StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    I hope that’s it because I don’t want to miss out on the milestones.
  • MichaelW92MichaelW92 Posts: 38
    Same here. I put up 36,000 points and they aren’t showing right now
  • UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★

It does day you need to be in an ally 14 days before you can contribute points. This can be interpreted in different ways though. I feel bad for others who may think points would get added after the qualification timer is lifted if they buy items before. It doesn’t seem like this will happen this way from what I’ve seen. Kabam definitely could have communicated this one a little better.
  • does everyone get a gifting badge? i got it but a friend of mine didn't get it, and she's been in the guild as long as i am
  • Another question I have relating to this is, I can’t qualify for another 2 days or so because I joined after AW season rewards came out. Does this mean the milestones my alliance has already reached are unable to be claimed even if I participate after these 2 days? It says “not available” right now which leads me to believe this is the case...
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Damn, looks like I’m gonna miss out on all the event milestones. Ratfish.
  • UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★
    K00shMaan said:

My understanding is that the points will not count. This is specifically put in place to deter people from getting bot accounts to join and alliance, dump their units, and then leave. This was a huge issue in the past. Putting the 14 day delay in makes this impossible.

Bots with significant units could still have entered an alliance before 14 days and contributed still though. The only thing this deters is multiple bot accounts coming in one at a time to dump units in, leaving, and then letting others claim the rewards.

I don’t see why players who enter an alliance, contribute towards points immediately, and stay with said alliance through the gifting event can’t have their points counted immediately. They should only have to wait on the timer to claim rewards, not contribute points.

I don’t see why players who enter an alliance, contribute towards points immediately, and stay with said alliance through the gifting event can’t have their points counted immediately. They should only have to wait on the timer to claim rewards, not contribute points.

Because then some alliances could still exploit the bringing in of hundreds of sub accounts just to dump in points right away and then rotate out for other sub accounts.

This way it limits it to only 30 maximum potential accounts even being able to contribute points.

(An alternate idea many have suggested in past is if they were to allow points right away, but then DEDUCT their points back out of Ally Total whenever someone leaves the alliance during the event. But that would also necessitate not allowing anyone to claim any of the Milestones along the way until the very end, which would not be good).
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,261 ★★★★

Because then some alliances could still exploit the bringing in of hundreds of sub accounts just to dump in points right away and then rotate out for other sub accounts.

This way it limits it to only 30 maximum potential accounts even being able to contribute points.

(An alternate idea many have suggested in past is if they were to allow points right away, but then DEDUCT their points back out of Ally Total whenever someone leaves the alliance during the event. But that would also necessitate not allowing anyone to claim any of the Milestones along the way until the very end, which would not be good).

Totally agree. There is a reason we can't have nice things - too many scammers and exploiters.

There used to be a general gifting badge (not just associated with the holiday calendar), but the small percentage of people who abused it resulted in it getting removed for everyone.

This 14 day alliance rule is to help prevent some gaming of the system. Unfortunately, it leaves some of the honest players who didn't know about the 14 day rule out in the cold.

There likely is a better solution than what Kabam has implemented, but it is what it is.
  • Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    edited December 2020
    That sucks, my friend did like 3K in items :(
  • Kabam could have probably implemented a WARNING pop-up, asking if they really want to proceed with sending the Gift at this time, telling them that doing so would result in only counting for points for your own SOLO Event and not the ALLY Event.

But other than that, the system seems well designed.