**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

New Christmas Calender! [Merged]

1373839404143»

Comments

• GUERRABRAZILGUERRABRAZIL Posts: 12
    KKKKKKK...ITS A JOKE
  • milomikemilomike Posts: 92
    edited December 2020
    CGR2020 said:

milomike said:

Still trash. Where’s the T2A?

From the GGC's. Please just be grateful that the calendar at least contains better rewards compared to this morning lol. If you want T2A, just grind the EQ's on UC/Cav difficulty and don't complain.
    Merry Christmas btw.
    When someone has everything almost 100%, and the most recent content (Act 7.2 and Variant 6) doesn’t have T2A, and EQ is finished within a couple days, there isn’t enough T2A. When I can get 3 T5B and zero T2A from rewards, there’s a massive imbalance. As someone who dumps thousands of dollars into this game, the GGCs are already being popped, still not enough T2A. I didn’t need 2 million more gold or ISO that will expire.

Kabam has completely forgotten the fact that endgame players still need the same resources all lesser players need for ranking champs. There simply isn’t enough T1A, T4B, and T2A to match the dozen T5B in overflow.

Call it complaining all your want; I’m not wrong, and I’m certainly not alone on the topic.
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    I thought I was gonna get my 4* Awakening Gem from the Solo Shards but alright, I'll take these shards.

Merry Christmas, Kabam!
  • PadawanJPadawanJ Posts: 6
    I just noticed the improvement myself, nice! Quick question... by any chance, did the guy who maintains the calendar get visited by 3 spirits last night?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    HI_guys said:

HI_guys said:

HI_guys said:

DrZola said:

TurboGod said:

Caliver players: Treat us better man, we need resources to rank up to get Thronebreaker. Stop giving us joke offers and stuff

Kabam: everyone is getting proven offers now.

The calender 2020 deserved

You think they were going to give people a T5CC in the Calendar?
    I don’t think that’s what anyone rational is suggesting. However, they removed the 4* challenge objective that awarded a 10% T5c crystal, and there’s been significant speculation some part of the gift involves T5c shards. Not unreasonable, especially since mods responded to the 4* challenge queries by claiming to be checking on it and it’s been asked about time and again.

Dr. Zola
    Oh, I get the connection. I speculated the same. I was wrong. I guessed it might be because of the same reason, but let's be honest. The Holiday Calendar isn't about to get people to TB. In fact, ever since the introduction of the Title, people have wanted nothing but T5CCs. Only, they're THE most rare Resource in the game. Which means they're not going to fall from the sky. The OP implied Cav Players wanted Resources to get them to TB. That's not all going to happen from logging on.

TurboGod said:

Caliver players: Treat us better man, we need resources to rank up to get Thronebreaker. Stop giving us joke offers and stuff

Preferably literally anything but solo shards?
    Meh. Free is free. I just don't want Epoch Shards. The gift of RNG with a large possibility of something useless for me.
    Meh for solo shards but don't want epoch shards? But then again free is free???!!
    I'm honestly not bothered by anything other than Epoch. I hate the bloody things. That entire experience was a disappointment for me. The last thing I want to do is wait to open another just to pull another 3*. I would much rather have Shards I can use, like 5* or 6*.
    Lol. And I thought you championed as the person who thinks rationally and sees the whole picture and doesn't form opinions on personal experience alone
    I do see the whole picture. No amount of people pulling 6*s justifies others pulling nothing but 3*s.
    No amount of Dooms pulled justifies others pulling Groots. Didn't see you saying anything against those.

Dont bother replying
    Not the same. Not at all. Big difference between getting 0 Champs at a 5 or 6* level, and getting a "Meme Tier". A 6* Groot isn't the same as a 3* anything. Also, if you're asking me not to reply, you should probably stop bringing up my issue on multiple Threads.
  • Camby01Camby01 Posts: 572 ★★

HI_guys said:

HI_guys said:

HI_guys said:

DrZola said:

TurboGod said:

I don’t think that’s what anyone rational is suggesting. However, they removed the 4* challenge objective that awarded a 10% T5c crystal, and there’s been significant speculation some part of the gift involves T5c shards. Not unreasonable, especially since mods responded to the 4* challenge queries by claiming to be checking on it and it’s been asked about time and again.

Dr. Zola
    Oh, I get the connection. I speculated the same. I was wrong. I guessed it might be because of the same reason, but let's be honest. The Holiday Calendar isn't about to get people to TB. In fact, ever since the introduction of the Title, people have wanted nothing but T5CCs. Only, they're THE most rare Resource in the game. Which means they're not going to fall from the sky. The OP implied Cav Players wanted Resources to get them to TB. That's not all going to happen from logging on.

TurboGod said:

Meh. Free is free. I just don't want Epoch Shards. The gift of RNG with a large possibility of something useless for me.
    Meh for solo shards but don't want epoch shards? But then again free is free???!!
    I'm honestly not bothered by anything other than Epoch. I hate the bloody things. That entire experience was a disappointment for me. The last thing I want to do is wait to open another just to pull another 3*. I would much rather have Shards I can use, like 5* or 6*.
    Lol. And I thought you championed as the person who thinks rationally and sees the whole picture and doesn't form opinions on personal experience alone
    I do see the whole picture. No amount of people pulling 6*s justifies others pulling nothing but 3*s.
    No amount of Dooms pulled justifies others pulling Groots. Didn't see you saying anything against those.

Dont bother replying
    Not the same. Not at all. Big difference between getting 0 Champs at a 5 or 6* level, and getting a "Meme Tier". A 6* Groot isn't the same as a 3* anything. Also, if you're asking me not to reply, you should probably stop bringing up my issue on multiple Threads.
    Exactly which thread dont you reply or comment on? Let us know so we can go there instead.... you opened the door to that one, sir. And your right a 6* groot isn't the same as a 3* anything, in many occasions its worse.
    Camby01 said:

HI_guys said:

HI_guys said:

HI_guys said:

DrZola said:

TurboGod said:

Dr. Zola

TurboGod said:

Dont bother replying
    Exactly which thread dont you reply or comment on? Let us know so we can go there instead.... you opened the door to that one, sir. And your right a 6* groot isn't the same as a 3* anything, in many occasions its worse.
    No, it's not the same. You can call it 6* garbage, but it's still a 6*.

Is it debating GroundedWisdom time?

I don't think it's any time at this point. The Calendar issue has been responded to, so now it's just feedback on the Calendar I suppose.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    Ksp_2099 said:

Wow just wow kabam let’s give them even less this year you guys blow my mind and it’s not being greedy to say that it’s a joke of a calendar every month is a free one but you think you guys would stick with the tradition of it being a great 14 day little extra to your community....you guys haven’t don’t health gold or energy and now this with the progression i guess it’s safe to say when the cwhale left it really hurt them pocket books so penalize the community

So you think this calendar

is better than this one?

I believe it's a great marketing strategy,
    First you give very bad calendar so that your expectations fall down below average, then they replaced it with little bit better version,
    Now, you can't complaint about it because they already listened to your queries.
    Also, some are happy and some are not,
    Kabam wins...
    I tend to believe Miike’s explanation and it is a fat thumb error for leaving solo shards there by the game team rather than expectation management. Frankly I didn’t complain much about the old calendar but I understand the frustration of many players who have high expectation on that. I think the revised one is pretty awesome and better than last year, esp the 1500 6* shards. Anyway, thank you Kabam for the revision.
  • LmaoLmao Posts: 820 ★★★
    Reference said:

Ksp_2099 said:

Wow just wow kabam let’s give them even less this year you guys blow my mind and it’s not being greedy to say that it’s a joke of a calendar every month is a free one but you think you guys would stick with the tradition of it being a great 14 day little extra to your community....you guys haven’t don’t health gold or energy and now this with the progression i guess it’s safe to say when the cwhale left it really hurt them pocket books so penalize the community

is better than this one?

First you give very bad calendar so that your expectations fall down below average, then they replaced it with little bit better version,
    Now, you can't complaint about it because they already listened to your queries.
    Kabam wins...
    I tend to believe Miike’s explanation and it is a fat thumb error for leaving solo shards there by the game team rather than expectation management. Frankly I didn’t complain much about the old calendar but I understand the frustration of many players who have high expectation on that. I think the revised one is pretty awesome and better than last year, esp the 1500 6* shards. Anyway, thank you Kabam for the revision.
    Personally, I don't believe Mike because he said the solo shards is a placeholder right? Then why is the number of shards different? It might just be me tho but something doesn't add up
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

limeade32 said:

DannyB01 said:

Hey everybody,

Got word back from the team, and the Solo Crystal shards were placeholders that were inadvertently left in the Calendar. The corrected Calendar will be uploaded before the switchover at 4pm PST/00:00 UTC.

This suggests you guys think a single L4 health potion is worth putting in a calendar at all. Fail.
    It is a free Calendar that is geared to all Players. There will be different things that different players need. Not every Calendar is going to be full of Game changing items.
    You shouldnt even have to justify this. You my man are truly working a thankless job and i salute your patience with this community. And thanks for all the free stuff we got outside of this calender aswell
    Bro I think he gets paid with money.
    Yeah im pretty sure he doesnt get paid to take the amount of **** he and every other employee of kabam does
    Well, that is the job description. He gets paid to respond to queries and act as a bridge between developers and players. It might be rough at some points, but its his job all the same. As someone who worked at a call center, I can say this is nothing compared to some of the abuse I have received. Since, I am from India, I assure you that I was paid far less that he is now.lol
  • WfpkstevezillaWfpkstevezilla Posts: 121 ★★
    Glad the calendar was changed. It was much needed.
  • MaxtheSilentMaxtheSilent Posts: 762 ★★★
    Nice change, happy to see it, great calendar. Thank you.
  • ElwindElwind Posts: 362 ★★★
    edited December 2020
    Ksp_2099 said:

is better than this one?

Kabam wins...
    Definitely true and this not the first time They do it all the time...
    And most of them player dont understand the strategy.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

Pulyaman said:

limeade32 said:

DannyB01 said:

Hey everybody,

Got word back from the team, and the Solo Crystal shards were placeholders that were inadvertently left in the Calendar. The corrected Calendar will be uploaded before the switchover at 4pm PST/00:00 UTC.

This suggests you guys think a single L4 health potion is worth putting in a calendar at all. Fail.
    It is a free Calendar that is geared to all Players. There will be different things that different players need. Not every Calendar is going to be full of Game changing items.
    You shouldnt even have to justify this. You my man are truly working a thankless job and i salute your patience with this community. And thanks for all the free stuff we got outside of this calender aswell
    Yeah im pretty sure he doesnt get paid to take the amount of **** he and every other employee of kabam does
    Well, that is the job description. He gets paid to respond to queries and act as a bridge between developers and players. It might be rough at some points, but its his job all the same. As someone who worked at a call center, I can say this is nothing compared to some of the abuse I have received. Since, I am from India, I assure you that I was paid far less that he is now.lol
    I worked at a call center in my younger years aswell and i can tell you i most certainly didnt take no **** unanswered
    When people go overboard? Sure. We have seen nothing like that here. Lots of whiny comments, some demanding ones too, but with the amount of people playing the game and in forums, you expect lots of these. This is internet after all.
  • Captain_NietschCaptain_Nietsch Posts: 481 ★★
    Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

limeade32 said:

DannyB01 said:

Hey everybody,

I worked at a call center in my younger years aswell and i can tell you i most certainly didnt take no **** unanswered
    When people go overboard? Sure. We have seen nothing like that here. Lots of whiny comments, some demanding ones too, but with the amount of people playing the game and in forums, you expect lots of these. This is internet after all.
    I agree. I've worked retail for 12 years, as store manager. Part of the job was to handle all kinds of bad entitled behavior... and still be nice and keep it civil, and offer great service. There have been times where I've needed to put the foot down, but that's basically when a customer threatened me or something along those lines. And security needed to be called.
    But I guess it might be worse on the internet in some regards. As soon as people get behind a keyboard instead of in front of a person they tend to get nastier in what opinions they voice.

Anyway, I bet he expects a certain amount of nasty comments, and most of the time he can probably take it. But... it doesn't hurt to keep in mind as a customer, that the employees are people just like you. And they might respond better to a constructive, civil tone.
  • TaigaMiniTaigaMini Posts: 23

DannyB01 said:

Hey everybody,

Ikr. The amount of **** people throwing their way over literally nothing.
    DeadPooop said:

Vas7h said:

DannyB01 said:

Hey everybody,

No, no, no, just no. Don’t even start Miike. You guys messed up, big time. This calendar is an insult to all the players!

It is just not possible to defend something like that. It is free stuff but first of all the calendars from past years were better and with the game progressing it was the bare minimum to have something close to what we had last year maybe a lil more juicy, surely not less appealing. And we are not asking for game changing items, just decent stuff would suffice.

Second; you were the one mentioning the calendar as one of things we had left to see and be happy for instead of complaining for the terrible job you did with the 6* shards special arena.
    For all this reasons and many more that the player base has mentioned in the last 40 pages of this topic “it is a free calendar” and “ Not every Calendar is going to be full of Game changing items” cannot be used as excuses.

Think you've missed this

I don't think he did.. even if those "place holders" change, the rest of the calendar is awful.
    Gold crystals after a 20% boost on gold and battle chips?!... after asking as to grind an arena for 260 matches the holiday calendar has gold crystals? Rofl...
    I am also upset that the calendar doesn't have snowflakes and decorations like previous years.
    Oh, there a plenty of snowflakes around!

It’s funny how some of you get on here to troll others in comments or agree with kabam like they are going to send you something for free lmao

No, I just genuinely disagree with your overreactive comments.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    The calendar is much improved, and I’m glad Miike confirmed what many suspected: simple error.

One thing the calendar issue puts in the spotlight, however, is how disparate the ends of the spectrum are with respect to Summoners.

While nice, the calendar doesn’t rearrange much for anyone who is a long-time player (unless pRNG from GGC pans out fabulously), but it can be game-defining for an early stage player. Designing something for everyone is a nearly impossible task.

Again, I wonder why we don’t begin to see more granular differentiation among classes of players for lots of things. The TB/Cav fracas exists (in my opinion) because of what feels like an artificial line with widely divergent payouts. If late Cavs got things a little closer to TB, and TBs with a dozen R3s for something more than a brand new TB, I tend to think the game and community would feel a lot healthier.

Future prizes and content will likely need to more closely reflect the realities of the broad spectrum of the player base. What’s challenging or rewarding for me as someone who plays more casually but is super close to a R3 won’t appeal to someone who is making a first run at 6.1 anymore than it would for someone playing Masters AW and waiting for Abyss 2 to come out.

More surgical differentiation. The team has the data—they tell us that all the time. Use it to refine the game content and rewards based on multiple meaningful progression tranches.

Thanks if you read this far. Just one player’s opinion.

Dr. Zola
  • Deadpool87Deadpool87 Posts: 573 ★★★
    No_oneuk said:

I mean, take out the 5 and 6 * shards entirely and just put the t2a back in please... t2a is the thing we’re all so starved on currently - why remove it?!

I am getting more T2A fragments in GGCs that I know what to do with