**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

PSA: Gift two GGCs (if your alliance is full)

Not everyone is in to buying crystals with units because not everyone has units to spare. But if you're in a full alliance and can convince everyone to trade two GGCs with each other, you should because it is basically a free lunch.

While the active traders mostly know this, it seems many people who haven't looked at the gifting system don't, so here's the numbers. GGCs cost 300 units a piece to buy (and for those who don't know, you have to buy them to trade: you cannot send someone a crystal you already have). So let's say you buy and send two to someone, and get two in return. You're out 600 units.

However, there are two alliance milestone rewards that grant units: 275 units at 40,000 points and another 275 units at 160,000 points. Gifting a GGC generates 3000 points. If you can get 27 alliance members to trade crystals (including yourself) that's 162,000 points. Its a bit easier to trade partners, so let's say 28 people. At that point, the alliance event milestone rewards will return 550 units to you, so now you're only down 50 units.

There's also a solo event, and the very first milestone is 40 units. So now you're out 10 units. That's 10 units, for two GGCs, which is a spectacular deal no matter how bad your luck is.

Except its more than that, because those 6000 points will actually reach milestone 8 in the solo event. Milestone 3, 5, and 7 all contain GGCs. And there's another one in milestone 5 in the alliance event that you will qualify for with 6000 points. That means if you trade two GGCs in your alliance, and everyone else does, and you have 28 people or more in the alliance, you can get *six* GGCs each for the cost of ten units per player.

The *gold* in six GGCs is worth ten units, so this is basically a cannot-lose situation. If your alliance is smaller, but you have active traders who will score a bunch of points regardless, you could theoretically still pull this off. If you are in a super-tiny alliance, then at least trade one GGC. Eight players pairing off and trading one GGC will score 48,000 points which is enough to qualify for milestone 3 which returns 275 units. That plus the solo milestone means you end up getting back 315 units for spending 300. You're actually coming out ahead on units.

Those 300 unit crystals look expensive, and they are. But regardless of how bad you think your luck is going to be, don't pass on the easy ways to all but participate for nothing. You could be the guy that gets 15,000 6* shards for spending ten units, or you could be the guy that gets the 4* Nexus crystal and a bunch of sig stones for ten units, but either way it is only ten units for six spins of the jackpot wheel. While the whales are off buying a new Ferrari for Kabam McDuck, everyone else should be making sure they are not leaving easy rewards on the table unclaimed.

Comments

• SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,159 ★★★★
    Long, but well written post. I had noticed this and mentioned it to my alliance mates
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Not everyone is in to buying crystals with units because not everyone has units to spare. But if you're in a full alliance and can convince everyone to trade two GGCs with each other, you should because it is basically a free lunch.

While the active traders mostly know this, it seems many people who haven't looked at the gifting system don't, so here's the numbers. GGCs cost 300 units a piece to buy (and for those who don't know, you have to buy them to trade: you cannot send someone a crystal you already have). So let's say you buy and send two to someone, and get two in return. You're out 600 units.

However, there are two alliance milestone rewards that grant units: 275 units at 40,000 points and another 275 units at 160,000 points. Gifting a GGC generates 3000 points. If you can get 27 alliance members to trade crystals (including yourself) that's 162,000 points. Its a bit easier to trade partners, so let's say 28 people. At that point, the alliance event milestone rewards will return 550 units to you, so now you're only down 50 units.

There's also a solo event, and the very first milestone is 40 units. So now you're out 10 units. That's 10 units, for two GGCs, which is a spectacular deal no matter how bad your luck is.

Except its more than that, because those 6000 points will actually reach milestone 8 in the solo event. Milestone 3, 5, and 7 all contain GGCs. And there's another one in milestone 5 in the alliance event that you will qualify for with 6000 points. That means if you trade two GGCs in your alliance, and everyone else does, and you have 28 people or more in the alliance, you can get *six* GGCs each for the cost of ten units per player.

The *gold* in six GGCs is worth ten units, so this is basically a cannot-lose situation. If your alliance is smaller, but you have active traders who will score a bunch of points regardless, you could theoretically still pull this off. If you are in a super-tiny alliance, then at least trade one GGC. Eight players pairing off and trading one GGC will score 48,000 points which is enough to qualify for milestone 3 which returns 275 units. That plus the solo milestone means you end up getting back 315 units for spending 300. You're actually coming out ahead on units.

Those 300 unit crystals look expensive, and they are. But regardless of how bad you think your luck is going to be, don't pass on the easy ways to all but participate for nothing. You could be the guy that gets 15,000 6* shards for spending ten units, or you could be the guy that gets the 4* Nexus crystal and a bunch of sig stones for ten units, but either way it is only ten units for six spins of the jackpot wheel. While the whales are off buying a new Ferrari for Kabam McDuck, everyone else should be making sure they are not leaving easy rewards on the table unclaimed.

This is really solid advice. A lot of people don't realize put that together when looking at the milestones I think. Just how valuable those crystals end up is obviously based on luck but as you said, the gold alone is worth the pittance of units for a lot of players
  • GardenerGardener Posts: 1,601 ★★★
    Excellent and ad well written and hears some advice from myself

DON'T TRADE WITH PEOPLE FROM GLOBAL THEY WILL SCAM YOU!!!
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Great advice man.
  • IronGladiator22IronGladiator22 Posts: 1,637 ★★★★
    edited December 2020
    Does trading with other friends outside of the alliance help the alliance milestones? I forgot
  • Gardener said:

Excellent and ad well written and hears some advice from myself

DON'T TRADE WITH PEOPLE FROM GLOBAL THEY WILL SCAM YOU!!!

Trade with alliance mates, because that earns the alliance, including you, more rewards. Trade with friends if you want to and want to help out a friend.

Trading with random anonymous people is not recommended. The unfortunately likely scenario is you're trading with someone looking for pigeons to scam. If you want to give things away to total strangers, go ahead. Just don't expect anything back when you do.
  • Does trading with other friends outside of the alliance help the alliance milestones? I forgot

Yes, but only the points you earn count towards your alliance. The points the other guy earns for sending back to you go to his or her alliance. Trading with alliance mates means both your points and his or her points go to your alliance (because it is also their alliance) so you in effect get double credit for trades within your alliance.
  • TP33TP33 Posts: 1,593 ★★★★
    edited December 2020
    @IronGladiator22 it does. I’ve been trading with my friends who aren’t in my alliance and I’m still contributing points.
  • SandeepS said:

Long, but well written post. I had noticed this and mentioned it to my alliance mates

Spread the word. For a lot of players this could end up being the best "gift" Kabam gives out this month, if they aren't scared off by the 300 unit price of the crystal (which is almost fully refunded under the conditions I mention above). Heck, I would hate for a tiny alliance of eight people to think they can't participate, when trading one GGC a piece actually *gains* them units overall.