**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Longshot's awakened ability. Blessing or detriment?

Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
Among my 6*s, Longshot is the only one I have duped. Before his dupe, I enjoyed annihilating buff heavy opponents by getting to his SP 2 and denying every single one of their buffs. The more the merrier is the norm in terms of buffs for this character similar to sym supreme and Morningstar. Champs like Howard the duck were my favorite matchups, lol.

Fast forward to a bit recently, I duped the guy. I was kinda bummed at first because I wanted a new 6*, but I became even more bummed to find out that the dupe succeeds to make him seemingly worse in his previously best matchups! Now I don't know if it's bugged, but going up against Howard who is supposed to start with 8 buffs, sometimes I'll go in to find that about 6 of the armors are removed instantaneously. What do I get from that? Only one bad karma, which seems contrary to his sig ability description. Now I'm not necessarily trying to report a bug, but I'm just trying my best to find a silver lining to this situation. I planned on using him for abyss easy path, but I'd be salty if I go up against VTD for instance and have him throw his SP 1 which supposedly generates 10 buffs for him, only to find that longshot's sig ability would actually remove most of them, and yield less damage overall in his SP 2 rotation.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    Typically , I bring longshot in fights where I know a bunch of buffs are going to be there, so when he nullifies them early, it reduces the damage. But, when you get more bad karma he gains power really fast.

If I’m fighting a scary frequent buff heavy champ ( hype , champion etc) it’s more helpful to control the buffs then to try to punish them for having it . Also because the fate seal is so long, it will probably nullify the next incoming buff too.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    GarrettN said:

Kill_Grey said:

GarrettN said:

For reference I have a 5R5 sig 200 Longshot and use him a lot during cav EQ each month. His awakened ability is highly underrated. Auto nullify is excellent for keeping buffs off opponents when he’s trying to get to his SP2. After his SP2 has been used, any buffs that pop up on the opponent cost them health, the same as before. The only possible thing you could lose from his awakened ability is that the enemy is less likely to have a bunch of buffs on them when his SP2 activates. Plus it gives you power off mystic dispersion so you can launch more SP2 and generates extra karma as well. It’s a pretty useful ability.

Understandable, but my worry is as to why he nullifies multiple buffs and only places one bad karma on the opponent. Shouldn't he place a corresponding amount at least?
    While yes, that could be better, it’s very very easy to build both good and bad karma on the opponent. That little bit of karma is minor compared to the gains that you get from it. A 70% chance to autonullify annihilus’ control rod, Hyperion’s power gains, juggernauts or champions unstoppables will change how you can fundamentally fight them.
    Texas_11 said:

Typically , I bring longshot in fights where I know a bunch of buffs are going to be there, so when he nullifies them early, it reduces the damage. But, when you get more bad karma he gains power really fast.

If I’m fighting a scary frequent buff heavy champ ( hype , champion etc) it’s more helpful to control the buffs then to try to punish them for having it . Also because the fate seal is so long, it will probably nullify the next incoming buff too.

Well yes but... he's working differently from how he's supposed to be. If you watch the CCP video that lagacy put up on him back when he came out, you'd see him go up against Venom and nullify all his buffs and get 3 bad karma for it. That's a corresponding amount. Why should I go up against HTD, have 7 of his armors immediately gone, and only get one measly bad karma for it? Makes zero sense.
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,936 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

GarrettN said:

Kill_Grey said:

GarrettN said:

For reference I have a 5R5 sig 200 Longshot and use him a lot during cav EQ each month. His awakened ability is highly underrated. Auto nullify is excellent for keeping buffs off opponents when he’s trying to get to his SP2. After his SP2 has been used, any buffs that pop up on the opponent cost them health, the same as before. The only possible thing you could lose from his awakened ability is that the enemy is less likely to have a bunch of buffs on them when his SP2 activates. Plus it gives you power off mystic dispersion so you can launch more SP2 and generates extra karma as well. It’s a pretty useful ability.

Understandable, but my worry is as to why he nullifies multiple buffs and only places one bad karma on the opponent. Shouldn't he place a corresponding amount at least?
    While yes, that could be better, it’s very very easy to build both good and bad karma on the opponent. That little bit of karma is minor compared to the gains that you get from it. A 70% chance to autonullify annihilus’ control rod, Hyperion’s power gains, juggernauts or champions unstoppables will change how you can fundamentally fight them.
    Texas_11 said:

Well yes but... he's working differently from how he's supposed to be. If you watch the CCP video that lagacy put up on him back when he came out, you'd see him go up against Venom and nullify all his buffs and get 3 bad karma for it. That's a corresponding amount. Why should I go up against HTD, have 7 of his armors immediately gone, and only get one measly bad karma for it? Makes zero sense.
    I believe the issue is because it counts those as a single armor up for the bad karma, whereas Venom had 3 separate buffs. This may be intended, or it may be a bug. If it is intended, they need to rewrite the ability to say: give bad karma each time a unique buff is removed. Usually Longshot doesn’t nullify buffs in stacks of the same buff, so that may be where the issue lies.
    HI_guys said:

Which champ triggered multiple different buffs at same time?

Howard starts with a bunch of armor ups
    I get the problem with red skull too. Still makes zero sense. Tbh, I'd actually like to revert him to his unawakened state at this point...
    HI_guys said:

Crcrcrc said:

HI_guys said:

Different buffs
    Venom
    HI_guys said:

Crcrcrc said:

HI_guys said:

Crcrcrc said:

HI_guys said:

Different buffs
    Venom
    I menat after the fight starts. I know CMM is there but any other?
    In theory Hyperion, VTD, and probably a few others.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    With regards to VTD in abyss, i did a run with duped longshot on my second account and he works just fine for VTD, taking 75% in one run. While it is true that if VTD launches an sp1 without the incinerate on him, some can be nullified, you will have the incinerate on him almost the entire match with MD so it doesnt super matter. It might cost you a few hundred thousand health in the match but in my opinion he more than makes up for it elsewhere. His awakened ability actually helps tons in the hyperion matchup, since there are less buffs it is harder to keep the incinerate on him and every so often a power gain slips through. Luckily, the awakened ability has a chance to get rid of those bad boys and helps keep the fight under control.

Longshots awakened ability has its pros and cons, but it takes his strength more from damage to utility, which is a trade i would make

With regards to VTD in abyss, i did a run with duped longshot on my second account and he works just fine for VTD, taking 75% in one run. While it is true that if VTD launches an sp1 without the incinerate on him, some can be nullified, you will have the incinerate on him almost the entire match with MD so it doesnt super matter. It might cost you a few hundred thousand health in the match but in my opinion he more than makes up for it elsewhere. His awakened ability actually helps tons in the hyperion matchup, since there are less buffs it is harder to keep the incinerate on him and every so often a power gain slips through. Luckily, the awakened ability has a chance to get rid of those bad boys and helps keep the fight under control.

Longshots awakened ability has its pros and cons, but it takes his strength more from damage to utility, which is a trade i would make

I see. I think this clears up (most of) my doubts then.
  • Mr_PredictorMr_Predictor Posts: 107
    I have LS maxed, so I think I can speak here. I feel like his sig has pros and cons. Against resistor, it can be negative. It can also give you too much power in general (I run 4/5 MD). However, it helps him build to sp2 much faster and finish fights faster. It also helps against champs like hype where a chance to nullify can come in handy!