**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

War season starting today

I am sure there have been other posts but I think it’s poor planning for the war season to start in the last two weeks of December. There are so many holidays and people are spending time with family. The new season should start at the beginning of the new calendar year imo. It maybe too late to change that now but next year this should be how it’s done.

Comments

• ArifuteraArifutera Posts: 210 ★★★
    It happens every year, Move on
    Holidays are not the same all over the world, I can bet people will play in other countries where Christmas is not a major holiday.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

Goken2345 said:

I am sure there have been other posts but I think it’s poor planning for the war season to start in the last two weeks of December. There are so many holidays and people are spending time with family. The new season should start at the beginning of the new calendar year imo. It maybe too late to change that now but next year this should be how it’s done.

Better not login to claim your Xmas gift though. Wouldn't want to waste that precious time.
    Because 30 seconds to login and claim a gift and the amount it takes to prepare for and compete in war during season are definitely comparable.

They’ve pushed back season/AQ starts by a a day or two in the past, but the new calendar year is a bit dramatic. It is also worth considering that this is the busy season for a lot of the working summoners in the game. Not sure where I fall in this debate, but I figure it’s worth considering all the factors.
    Don’t think they ever moved war a day or two. Would have to move it in weeks, since there’s a set schedule for it
  • Wicket329 said:

Goken2345 said:

Better not login to claim your Xmas gift though. Wouldn't want to waste that precious time.
    Because 30 seconds to login and claim a gift and the amount it takes to prepare for and compete in war during season are definitely comparable.

They’ve pushed back season/AQ starts by a a day or two in the past, but the new calendar year is a bit dramatic. It is also worth considering that this is the busy season for a lot of the working summoners in the game. Not sure where I fall in this debate, but I figure it’s worth considering all the factors.
    Here's another factor to consider that I haven't mentioned previously. The devs (many of them) take the holidays off, just like lots of other dev companies. Changing the tempo of war seasons requires making on-the-fly alterations to the game to break and reset the schedule of things. We know this because of all the things that have gone awry in the past when they've changed something that is normally fixed to a schedule, like AQ and AW.

Does anyone want Kabam to push that button and then go on vacation?
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,860 ★★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

Goken2345 said:

Well I can't get even login in less than 30 seconds so....

They've pushed AW back twice. Once because they made some changes and another time because of server stuff.

I don't remember AQ being pushed back ever, but if it was, it was because of an issue with something, not a holiday.

Last year's war season fell on Christmas as well, it wasn't an off season or anything, in fact, I believe AQ was also running. Every year that we've had both alliance modes, they have happened on during some sort of holiday.

Plan around it it and plan for it. Take time today to plan what you want to do. For the totality of the whole war, it require at most 2 hours of play time spread out.
  • Toj37Toj37 Posts: 68
    It’s a bad move to start the war season at this time. War requires participation from everyone. Over Christmas a lot of people are traveling and such. I know I’m not going to participate in this war
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★
    The only reason i even do AW is to stay in a higher aq ally. The rewards are rubbish compared to the effort.
  • JessieSJessieS Posts: 1,386 ★★★★
    War takes like twenty minutes per day. Fine make it half an hour . Why should Kabam care that you can’t spare half an hour per day during the holidays ? And why should the rest of us who have no problems with this wait just you guys don’t miss out ?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    The world isn't going to end if people skip a War or two.
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,715 ★★★
    Goken2345 said:

People should only be spending time with family who live in your house.
    To do otherwise is the reason why we have more Americans dead that 3x the people who attended the last Super Bowl.

Be safe and happy holidays to all.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,672 ★★★★★
    If you value your time with family as much as you claim that logging into a game for a few minutes is out of the question, then what exactly are you playing the game for in the first place.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    It’s like 5-15 minutes on Xmas eve, then 5-15 on Xmas morning.
    If you can’t take that time out of the day, then don’t. But many, myself included will be able to.
  • Goken2345Goken2345 Posts: 621 ★★
    doctorb said:

Goken2345 said:

People should only be spending time with family who live in your house.
    To do otherwise is the reason why we have more Americans dead that 3x the people who attended the last Super Bowl.

Be safe and happy holidays to all.
    1. The super bowl statistic is a weird one to use.
    2. You’re assuming that just because I’m saying people want to spend time with their family that a. Everyone I’m talking about is American, which I’m not. B. That people are only going to spend time with their family physically and not virtually.

• Goken2345Goken2345 Posts: 621 ★★
    Buttehrs said:

If you value your time with family as much as you claim that logging into a game for a few minutes is out of the question, then what exactly are you playing the game for in the first place.

You’re missing the point and trying to be witty. You’re not. It’s not just about one person logging in. People will spend less time on the game than normal due to the holidays and that can make coordination harder.