**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Cav present is... a let down

Comments

• Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★
    StrayPool said:

An awakening gem is whatever, and the tenth of a cat is neat enough. I'm neutral on a gift that in other games I play is a big bloody deal: one game gave out 3000 gems (at 100 for a special summon, so equivalent in units for Cav crystals would be 6000 units) as merely a part of their Christmas day gifts. And that game is remorselessly greedy with godawful drop rates.

I'm fine with the gift, less fine with the realization that Kabam treats such a huge and merry day as fodder where arguably worse competitors go full reformed-Scrooge. With the special calenders being packed with single heals and energy refills, and all the quiet hype for meh outcome, I'm getting the impression Kabam really believes that whatever comes down the pipe is way bigger than it really is. It's not malice; they're just really bloody confused.

Yep other games I play have niced me. Heck clash Royale gave you a free legendary
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    HI_guys said:

WRIR said:

Cavs complained about t5cc not being in any offers or calendars or gifts before, now still complaining? Where does it end

It doesn't. It will never end.
    Perhaps with a full t5cc crystal? Or would a selector be more to their taste
    Nope. There will always be something that just isn't good enough for them. If you give them a full T5CC, they won't get the one they want, you give them a selector, they have to choose right away and they don't have anyone to use it on. There will always be something that they don't like and that they are being mistreated etc..
    I mean see its coming from you right..that's the problen. Woulda been a funny snarky comment had I not recognized you saying this same thing EVERY TIME Kabam messed up or did something bad. Sorry man. Boy who cried wolf situation. I think you're right this time, its just I wish you and some other many starred accounts would be less biased so I can actually care about your opinions.
    I'm just tired of entitled children.
    Notice how I didn't mention who I compared to entitled children, yet people still assumed I was referring to them (going off of the disagrees) therefore somewhere in their mind they do think of themselves as entitled, otherwise why would they disagree with a comment that had nothing to do with them? Got'em.
    DMAN SAVAGE!! TRULY FITTING NAME. That showed em!!
    Love ya too @HI_guys ! Merry Chrysler!
  • StrayPoolStrayPool Posts: 98
    Lmao they wiped my comment, but not before someone could quote it. Can't stop the signal, Mal!
  • Maverick75Maverick75 Posts: 631 ★★★
    edited December 2020
    The reactions about a crystal of shards of t5cc are stupid.
    The biggest concern is a 5* generic awakening gem versus a 6* gem crystal.
    I would have understood if it was a 6* gem crystal versus a 6* generic gem.

I am a Cavalier and I really do not care about 5* champions, gems and stones for 1 year.
    So as I will stay Cavalier for a while (because no t5cc), I suppose Kabam won’t propose something better to me. So no need to invest in the game.
  • Odinson9Odinson9 Posts: 115
    I think that it was a bad gift. Every TB is going to say to shut up but guess what I don’t care. They didn’t even take the time to really upgrade it from last year
  • Destroyer123Destroyer123 Posts: 368 ★★
    I sincerely think kabam mods should link forum accts with game accts and anyone complaining about free stuff losses the gift. Would be awesome
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★

T5CC is nice but gems have gone down so much in value that I’m in overflow of all classes nearly! Wish I could have chosen random sig stones instead!?!

Compared to TB this is pretty good. Neither were gamebreaking, albeit i was disappointed by the TB one. My cavalier mini couldnt be happier about the Cav gift.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,018 ★★★★★
    Odinson9 said:

I think that it was a bad gift. Every TB is going to say to shut up but guess what I don’t care. They didn’t even take the time to really upgrade it from last year

What are you smoking? There wasn't any TB gift last year. Last year it was just a 5* generic AG for all Cav players. This year you get T5cc which all Cav players have been whining about since they don't want to run map 7.
  • psp742psp742 Posts: 2,309 ★★★★
    I'm a cavalier and I am happy with the gift Kabam gave.. its free and I didn't have to grind for it.. so its all good. People are never satisfied.. give a hand, they want your arm, give your arm, they want your legs too.. it never ends.. greed is bad.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    The only thing I would have like changed is to have gotten a 5% t5cc selector instead of the random 10%, as I would have been guaranteed to form the catalyst I would have needed for thronebreaker with it.

Oh well...
  • ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 840 ★★★★
    I’m just a few shards away from throne breaker but definitely happy with the cav gift.

Thanks.
  • Maverick75Maverick75 Posts: 631 ★★★
    psp742 said:

I'm a cavalier and I am happy with the gift Kabam gave.. its free and I didn't have to grind for it.. so its all good. People are never satisfied.. give a hand, they want your arm, give your arm, they want your legs too.. it never ends.. greed is bad.

I am a Cavalier with more than 100 champions, I have more than 10 gems in stock, more than 100k 5* crystal shards. Do you really think I will do something of a 5* gem or any materials that is not useful for 6* champions?
  • WRIRWRIR Posts: 563 ★★★

WRIR said:

Cavs complained about t5cc not being in any offers or calendars or gifts before, now still complaining? Where does it end

Nope. There will always be something that just isn't good enough for them. If you give them a full T5CC, they won't get the one they want, you give them a selector, they have to choose right away and they don't have anyone to use it on. There will always be something that they don't like and that they are being mistreated etc..
    I mean see its coming from you right..that's the problen. Woulda been a funny snarky comment had I not recognized you saying this same thing EVERY TIME Kabam messed up or did something bad. Sorry man. Boy who cried wolf situation. I think you're right this time, its just I wish you and some other many starred accounts would be less biased so I can actually care about your opinions.
    He's been critical of things that haven't made sense. So have I. In this case, people are just complaining their free gifts aren't enough, which is entirely disrespectful and ungrateful, full disclosure.
    Okay. First of all, I don't like it when people say ungrateful to a videogame. Why do we even have to be greatful? We're customers. But thats just me.

My point was, I agree with yall this time, but your image is so bad in my mind because i remember all those times when you weren't reasonable, so even when you are being reasonable, I cant really take it seriously.
    WRIR said:

WRIR said:

He's been critical of things that haven't made sense. So have I. In this case, people are just complaining their free gifts aren't enough, which is entirely disrespectful and ungrateful, full disclosure.
    Okay. First of all, I don't like it when people say ungrateful to a videogame. Why do we even have to be greatful? We're customers. But thats just me.

My point was, I agree with yall this time, but your image is so bad in my mind because i remember all those times when you weren't reasonable, so even when you are being reasonable, I cant really take it seriously.
    I remove customers who
    Aren’t buying things from the store all the time. So as a f2p the customer ability bothers me
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    WRIR said:

WRIR said:

So that would be prejudice towards my opinion. Which loses my attention completely. If someone isn't looking at what's expressed because of who's saying it, there's nothing reasonable to discuss.
    People get what they pay for as paying customers. That's not a euphemism. That's literal. People gain access to what it is they're buying with making purchases. The gift however, is not purchased. It's available for nothing, to everyone. Whether they spend or not. Which means as customers, people have no more entitlement to anything.
    Ungrateful is what I would use to describe anyone who isn't grateful for something they get for doing nothing in return. Unless you want to claim stake in selling the Gift/Coal. Which isn't reasonable either.

WRIR said:

WRIR said:

I remove customers who
    Aren’t buying things from the store all the time. So as a f2p the customer ability bothers me
    What? I don't really get what you're trying to say. Wdym customer ability? Why would you remove customers who arent buying all the time? They're still customers. And wdym all the time? Like do you go to walmart every single day? Should walmart "remove you" because you don't? I just dont get this at all.

WRIR said:

WRIR said:

So that would be prejudice towards my opinion. Which loses my attention completely. If someone isn't looking at what's expressed because of who's saying it, there's nothing reasonable to discuss.
    People get what they pay for as paying customers. That's not a euphemism. That's literal. People gain access to what it is they're buying with making purchases. The gift however, is not purchased. It's available for nothing, to everyone. Whether they spend or not. Which means as customers, people have no more entitlement to anything.
    Ungrateful is what I would use to describe anyone who isn't grateful for something they get for doing nothing in return. Unless you want to claim stake in selling the Gift/Coal. Which isn't reasonable either.
    Actually who is saying it is very important for Persuasion. Aristotle's modes of persuasion gives three imoortant factors for persuasion, Ethos, Logos, and Pathos.

Ethos is asserting yourself with authority on the subject. The problem with your claims currently is that while it has some logos(logic), you have come to lack ethos to some people because of your past behavior. Past behavior really never goes away - people remember who you are, and who you are affects the weight of your words. That is Ethos.

I'm not saying that you're wrong this time. I just hope that maybe you can try to be less biased from now on since you do tend to comment a lot. Its just a forum right? Its just people all playing the same game having fun. You don't awlays have to be like "you ungrateful rascals" all the time. A bit of empathy. Some positive responses once in a while. If you dont always cry wolf, people care when you do.
    WRIR said:

WRIR said:

WRIR said:

I remove customers who
    What? I don't really get what you're trying to say. Wdym customer ability? Why would you remove customers who arent buying all the time? They're still customers. And wdym all the time? Like do you go to walmart every single day? Should walmart "remove you" because you don't? I just dont get this at all.
    Customer analogy must of auto corrected and didn’t catch it
    Just saying I’m f2p so I don’t consider myself a customer at all.
    I own a store so nah I don’t go to Walmart much at all but I remove people who come in and just stand around not buying stuff a lot or sitting in chairs not getting food (small cafe in store) we get a ton of homeless trying to just sit all day

WRIR said:

WRIR said:

WRIR said:

I remove customers who
    Customer analogy must of auto corrected and didn’t catch it
    Just saying I’m f2p so I don’t consider myself a customer at all.
    I own a store so nah I don’t go to Walmart much at all but I remove people who come in and just stand around not buying stuff a lot or sitting in chairs not getting food (small cafe in store) we get a ton of homeless trying to just sit all day
    Ooooh that makes much more sense. Makes sense. You meant I remove "customers who dont buy at all" all the time! Sorry. I was just super confused.
  • PishkyPishky Posts: 20
    Imo Cavs gift is better. 5* AG is better then rank up gem and few 6* sigs. Specialy these days when you go one path at act 7 and get whole t5bc.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,018 ★★★★★
    WRIR said:

WRIR said:

Wait a second. Because you think you are a customer, means you can be ungrateful for something? Being a customer doesn't give you some special power over a company because they didn't do exactly what you wanted them too.
    edited December 2020
    Haji_Saab said:

Tiger360 said:

HI_guys said:

Couldn’t agree more, I’m cavalier and now I have 3 generic 5* awakening gems, and no tier 5 basic and tier 2 alphas let alone tier 1 alphas. What we needed to progress was a 6*’s and resources. With the amount of money we spend and are willing to spend you think they would have given out a rank up package, or even rank down tickets to get some resources from past nerfs of champs we wasted resources on. Either way something is better than nothing. So thanks. But would be nice if they reached out for help when trying to compensate and figure out what the players actually need or want. Maybe have us a nexus crystal with items so we could choose a reward that best suits us.

What are you being compensated for exactly?
    For their laziness
    Sorry that I and many others have lives and like to socialise outside of a mobile game, and don’t have the time to sit in front of your phone 100%ing Abyss for dozens of hours.
    You are just bad at this game. No excuses can overcome that reality.
    Oh shucks you got me there I’m bad at a video game. Anyone can get good with time. Because this game isn’t my unpaid part time job I’m not as good as others. I can spend my time on better things. Also you don’t need to be good a fat wallet can carry you through this game as shown by COWhale

WRIR said:

WRIR said:

Wait a second. Because you think you are a customer, means you can be ungrateful for something? Being a customer doesn't give you some special power over a company because they didn't do exactly what you wanted them too.
    What’s funny is I spend waaaay more
    Money on amazon then this game I mean thousands a year more. Amazon didn’t give me anything and nobody seems upset at Amazon for that? Why does a game have to give you stuff?

WRIR said:

I'm just tired of entitled children.
    Notice how I didn't mention who I compared to entitled children, yet people still assumed I was referring to them (going off of the disagrees) therefore somewhere in their mind they do think of themselves as entitled, otherwise why would they disagree with a comment that had nothing to do with them? Got'em.
    You do realise practically slaps disagree even if it doesn’t concern them? But imagine being upset about disagrees 😂
  • zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,145 ★★★★★
    My alt account has 5 generic awaken gems now but I am not salty about the Christmas gift.
  • Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 980 ★★★★
    It is not a letdown because is free. Last year we've got a 5* generic awakening gem, this year we got the same plus a 10% t5cc. It could have been better like maybe a 20% t5cc instead cause it's Christmas.