**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

How good is Doctor Doom with suicides?

Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★
I have been wondering about this for quite a while now...

Comments

• Options
    Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,534 ★★★★★
    You take recoil damage obviously... but people saying he is trash with suicides are just wrong. I still use him frequently and do one of two things:
    1. Only use sp3... not ideal, but I’m depends on the matchup
    2. Play him the exact day way and still get through 3 or 4 fights before giving him a potion or 2.

He is still one of the best 5 champs in the game with suicides.
  • Options
    GardenerGardener Posts: 1,601 ★★★
    i would say he is definately best mystic still with Suicides but, if i had suicides unlocked i wouldn't be using them with Doom
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Unless you like spending potions, he's not gonna be a major path clearer for you anymore
  • Options

You take recoil damage obviously... but people saying he is trash with suicides are just wrong. I still use him frequently and do one of two things:
    2. Play him the exact day way and still get through 3 or 4 fights before giving him a potion or 2.

Obviously you haven't played with a lot of Champs.
  • Options
    Gardener said:

i would say he is definately best mystic still with Suicides but, if i had suicides unlocked i wouldn't be using them with Doom

Claire, Morningstar are dragon man are way better with Suicides than Doom. I don't think you've actually played a Doom with suicides.
  • Options
    Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Doom with suicides should only be used for specific fights. Can't do the whole path.
    Playing doom with suicides is not a pleasant time. His health constantly goes down with specials. It's one of the many reasons I don't run suicides.
  • Options
    Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,534 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

Clearly you just don't know how to use him properly with suicides on. You only need to throw 1 sp1 or sp2 the entire fight if you do. Certain matchups are different obviously, but I had no problem running him in 5.3-6.1 with suicides on. Did I use him for every single fight, no, but he did some work for me and I gave him a potion here and there and he was certainly useful.
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★

Kill_Grey said:

Clearly you just don't know how to use him properly with suicides on. You only need to throw 1 sp1 or sp2 the entire fight if you do. Certain matchups are different obviously, but I had no problem running him in 5.3-6.1 with suicides on. Did I use him for every single fight, no, but he did some work for me and I gave him a potion here and there and he was certainly useful.
    He's not a top 5 champ with suicides though. Just because you were able to use him with suicides on doesn't mean he's good with suicides on.
  • Options
    Shamir51Shamir51 Posts: 849 ★★★★
    I run full suicides and barely got any usage out of my doom in 6.3-7.1. You can’t effectively cycle his specials as you need to.
  • Options

Kill_Grey said:

Why don't you tell us about your experience in 6.3-7.1?
  • Options
    MoudouMoudou Posts: 151
    As most have said, you loses a lot of value. I have suicides on all the time and I have Doom at r5. Only bring him for specific fights (1 or 2) and he does great, but that’s about it. If you have NF and Deadpool/Goldpool synergy, then Doom does extremely well, but that’s a huge investment