**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

R3 Magneto or Apocalypse?

DannyB01DannyB01 Posts: 471 ★★★
edited January 2022 in General Discussion
Had some Christmas luck and pulled Apoc from the 6* feature yesterday, and I’m only 1% from forming a T5c to R3 a mutant. I’m torn between Magneto and Apocalypse.

I’ve explored all content and run suicides. Magneto I feel might get used more and is more suicide friendly, but Apoc could end up on my team more and is so much more fun to play. I like that Apoc has the defensive tag for AW also. Both are unawakened and if I get it, I’d use a gem on Magneto but probably not Apoc.

Who would you guys choose? My roster isn’t really lacking anything so it’s based on preference and long-term investment. Would appreciate any input!

R3 Magneto or Apocalypse? 142 votes

Apocalypse
45%
GamerTristanSpeedbumpRotellyWardenclockQuikPik16wegnerkNojokejaymLogan00xandersrevengeJakearoundNEXTONGoddessIliasZuko_ILCDaphboyScopeotoe987Legendboy2411SociopathDarthVadimiusCr7ms7rs7 65 votes
Magneto
54%
danielmathLeNoirFaineantPalanthraxAce_03buffajrTendersquadSIlverProfessorJombie75ScottryanBENJI830XxicylovexXOesername123yossAlex13369Lvernon15Luke2323MasterduxOsfan8Moot4LifeScholia 77 votes
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• RiptideRiptide Posts: 3,065 ★★★★★
    Apocalypse
    I think there both great. Do I have either as a ranked 5*?
  • DannyB01DannyB01 Posts: 471 ★★★
    My Mags is R2 already whereas Apoc is unranked. I haven’t got either at a high level as 5*. Saving the 3 T5bs by doing Mags is definitely a consideration.

I guess Mags benefits from a larger health pool to counter chip damage, but I feel the higher attack value is more benefit to Apoc as Mags is already so OP wherever I use him.
    This has been very helpful, the vote is conclusive. Forum helped me choose BWCV over Dragon Man, now I’ll choose Magneto over Apoc. Thanks everyone.
  • Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,702 ★★★★
    I have Magneto as 6*R3 and Apocalypse as 6*R2. Personally I've found Magneto at rank 3 is probably an overkill, because what he can do at R3, he could do at R2.

Eg. At rank 2, #metal would die once you get to SP3. Now at rank 3, there's no difference, get to SP3 & they are dead.

Apocalypse isn't R3, so i can't comment on the difference.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,503 ★★★★★
    Apocalypse
    I had the same dilemma. Ended up picking Apocalypse. At the end of the day the other one was next but Apocalypse's won out because he's new and I enjoy his animation more.
    Oh man! Just when I thought my mind was made up, you guys have made points I can’t really disagree with! Haha

1. Mags is strong enough at R2 already
    2. Apoc is more fun to play

I’ll check how the vote goes while I sleep. Looks like I’ll be happy either way but now I’m leaning back towards Apoc!

Thanks again for your input everyone :)
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    Apocalypse
    If you like playing apo more, definitely him. Personally I find magneto a little boring, many heavies - sp3 - repeat... It's the sp3 part that I dislike most, watching it again and again and again takes away all the joy
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,562 ★★★★
    Aleor said:

If you like playing apo more, definitely him. Personally I find magneto a little boring, many heavies - sp3 - repeat... It's the sp3 part that I dislike most, watching it again and again and again takes away all the joy

^^^^^^
    here. Magneto is boring to play and part of the fun is the strategy and horeseman synergy with Apoc. Choose him. More unique too
  • AnTi_NooBAnTi_NooB Posts: 12
    Apocalypse
    You dont need mag at R3. R2 mag will do just fine against metal. Where as apocalypse r3 would scale him even more
  • Was525Was525 Posts: 98
    I’m in the same spot right now. I need a couple t2a and I can r3 either one. Leaning towards apoc. I finished all content and r2 mags cleared everything and apoc will be good on offense and defense
  • Was525Was525 Posts: 98

• dangarang122dangarang122 Posts: 410 ★★★
    Magneto

DannyB01 said:

Oh man! Just when I thought my mind was made up, you guys have made points I can’t really disagree with! Haha

1. Mags is strong enough at R2 already
    2. Apoc is more fun to play

I’ll check how the vote goes while I sleep. Looks like I’ll be happy either way but now I’m leaning back towards Apoc!

Thanks again for your input everyone :)

Apoc benifits a lot more from r3 than mags. Mags can already oneshot all metal types at r2 in act 7, and war has even smaller healthpools. r3 Apoc works for more matchups, and can make people like archangel friggin insane. r3 mags could be a good longterm option for later act 7 content with greater healthpools. Its always your choice but it comes down to who you like and who you use more.
    Whatchu mean people like archangel?, that boi is already insane....
    Thank you all very much. I agree with all your comments about Apoc and it's how I was leaning originally. It's great to see you guys feel this way, I'm actually a bit relieved that I can take him up instead, which probably says it's the right decision too!

Votes say otherwise but all the logic presented says Apoc and I like that.
  • PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    Magneto
    All these people saying Mags doesn’t need R3 are wrong. Think about the future. In the end, you will want a 6* 5/65 Mags. You probably won’t want or need a 6* 5/65 Apoc.

Mags can clear significantly more content than Apoc, there will be tough future content such as Abyss 2, etc. with crazy health pools.

Mags is the best investment for the future.
    I do agree with that for future content, Magneto will be going to R3 eventually for sure. But I’m siding with the idea Magneto is so OP in his match-ups that he can be ranked after Apoc, and I’m expecting I’ll want Apoc in my team for all sorts of reasons too.

But I really do hate using Magneto lol (as great as he is)
  • PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    Magneto
    DannyB01 said:

I do agree with that for future content, Magneto will be going to R3 eventually for sure. But I’m siding with the idea Magneto is so OP in his match-ups that he can be ranked after Apoc, and I’m expecting I’ll want Apoc in my team for all sorts of reasons too.

But I really do hate using Magneto lol (as great as he is)

You’re looking for confirmation to rank up Apoc. Just do it, you can’t go wrong with either. It sounds like Apoc will give you more pleasure.
This discussion has been closed.