**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Suggestions for those low on ISO

TP33TP33 Posts: 1,593 ★★★★
I was typing a comment in a thread about how to not run out of ISO all the time but I had come up with so many ways I felt I needed to write out a list. I’ll separate them into a few sections based on method and explain below.

Lower tier EQ/side events

Many people who are low on ISO have one thing in common, they haven’t yet completed/explored heroic/master EQ. Now it may seem like a lot of effort but just completion runs on both award:

2 ultimate crystals
Around 2 PHCs
1000 4* shards
120 units

Whilst they may look underwhelming in terms of ISO value they are quite significant.

Ultimate crystals can become 4* duped, PHC the same (although I wouldn’t count on it) 1000 4* shards could get you another 4* and 120 units is more than half a Cav which could be even more ISO.

Side quests count as well. This month exploring the master and heroic side quests give

3500 4* shards
1 Ultimate crystal
1 Legendary crystal
1000 5* shards
14000 epoch shards

That’s nearly 2 full 4*s, possibly another from the ultimate, almost certainly one from the legendary, and 3 featured Cav crystals from which getting 4/5* dupes are possible. This means just doing those 2 quests could give you 168 T5 class ISO

Arena

Arena grinding, whilst time consuming, also awards ISO. I myself hardly ever grind but if you wanted ISO I advise doing the 4* featured and some 4* basic arena.

The 4* featured can award you an instant 24 class ISO of (pretty much) a class of your choice. Not only this but if you do miss and don’t place within the top 800 you get 800 4* shards.

When it comes to the 4* basic try grinding to 1.5/2 mil points. This usually places people in the top 11-25% bracket, giving 500 4* shards.

UC arena crystals can give you a 4* Punisher and units you make along the way can be spent on Cav crystals if you really need the ISO.

100% the UC EQ

It may take a long time and not give as good rewards as the Cav EQ but it gives 4* shards for each quest (4200 to be precise)

If you have a deep and developed roster who knows, you might end up duping a 5* with the shards you get as well.

John Mulaneys champion challenge

Exploring early chapters gives a 4* and a 4* nexus. (Oh and 500 shards). Don’t miss out.

Solo objectives

Finally the solo objectives. These days for UC and Cav players many of the milstones give T5B ISO. If you’re exploring the EQs or just arena grinding maybe use a specific class depending on the objectives.

Hope this helps a few people looking for ways of making ISO. Happy holidays and don’t sell champions.

Comments

• Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Preesh
  • KattohSKattohS Posts: 717 ★★
    4* dual crystals by class.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    heroic also give 2 t1as for completion

master gives a t1a for each chapter completed as well. Not a lot, but it’s something.
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    Mauled said:

So you’re proposing what all of us do anyway? The only thing there that most of us probably don’t actively do is the 7 hour events. I should think most people start at Cav their difficultly and work their way down. This doesn’t change the fact that you need ~5 4* dupes to take a 6* from 1-35, let alone to R3.

I do arena, most difficulties, time dependent, AW, the only extra place I could realistically get shards is incursions, but even that is only going to be one extra dupe per month. No, the only current solution to the ISO shortage is to buy crystals or dramatically slow down the pace of rank ups and let’s resources expire.

^This
    It’s funny people can’t understand that iso is a real problem in the 5* and especially the 6* meta.
  • What needs to happen is 5* dupes need to give T6 ISO and 6* dupes give T7 ISO
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    Mauled said:

What needs to happen is 5* dupes need to give T6 ISO and 6* dupes give T7 ISO

Or just a higher number of T5
  • Batman05Batman05 Posts: 351 ★★
    I get so much iso I don’t even open my Phc anymore. I have only been opening my five and six star crystals then only opening four stars when targeting Iso. Shards add up so quick that I would have to sell so much iso if I opened all my crystals
    Batman05 said:

I get so much iso I don’t even open my Phc anymore. I have only been opening my five and six star crystals then only opening four stars when targeting Iso. Shards add up so quick that I would have to sell so much iso if I opened all my crystals

Where are you in progression? May we see your roster?
  • Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★
    Etjama said:

Yeah, I do all that and still not enough iso man. Thanks though.

same
  • TP33TP33 Posts: 1,593 ★★★★
    Yeah I agree 5/6* dupes don’t give enough. I mostly wanted to shine a light on lower tier content. Most people overlook it completely and complain about lack of ISO.

Another tip is to not level up 3/4*s to boost base hero rating. I did that once and it cost me over 5 mil gold and maybe 3/400 ISO chunks which increased my base hero rating by like 100k max

For those same resources I could probably take a 5* straight from R1 to R4.

Batman05 said:

Sure, I rank up a lot tho

• -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★

I do all that extra stuff every month, I get extra shards everywhere I can and I still have nothing after a big rankup today. If you dont buy crystals there's no way to have extra iso. I have three 6* champs I could R2 right now if I had the iso.
    Batman05 said:

Batman05 said:

Nice, do you open Cavs?

Batman05 said:

Batman05 said:

Nice, do you open Cavs?
    No I don’t, I’m free to play so I save all my units for deals mostly
    -sixate- said:

I do all that extra stuff every month, I get extra shards everywhere I can and I still have nothing after a big rankup today. If you dont buy crystals there's no way to have extra iso. I have three 6* champs I could R2 right now if I had the iso.

So you’re saying that after doing massive rank ups with presumably multiple r5s you run out of ISO? What do you expect? There has to be some form of rarity to it, if it was infinite you might as well just remove the level up process. My “target audience” for this thread was more players with a few R5s who often found themselves low on ISO, not really sure how a multiple R3 6* account works and how resources work in them so I can’t really help you there.
  • PrimeSaviour_27PrimeSaviour_27 Posts: 364 ★★★
    TP33 said:

-sixate- said:

So you’re saying that after doing massive rank ups with presumably multiple r5s you run out of ISO? What do you expect? There has to be some form of rarity to it, if it was infinite you might as well just remove the level up process. My “target audience” for this thread was more players with a few R5s who often found themselves low on ISO, not really sure how a multiple R3 6* account works and how resources work in them so I can’t really help you there.
    His big rank up could have just been R3 a champion not sure where you got multiple R5 from. Every account works the same with getting ISO no matter what level.

I think you shutting out people due to their progress level is a bit wrong. No matter what level you are you need ISO, unless you spend on Cav crystals.

TP33 said:

-sixate- said:

His big rank up could have just been R3 a champion not sure where you got multiple R5 from. Every account works the same with getting ISO no matter what level.

I think you shutting out people due to their progress level is a bit wrong. No matter what level you are you need ISO, unless you spend on Cav crystals.
    Not shutting him out just saying I don’t know how to help him. I don’t have an endgame account and I have no idea how resource management on an account that size works.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    My only problem with iso is the reduction of 4* shards with the EQ changes and the fact that I've been opening nothing but Mystic/Science 5*s for Doom. I have enough mystic and science class iso to rank an army but I'm lower on some other classes.

TP33 said:

-sixate- said:

I have never bought any cav crystals and have plenty of iso from just shard crystals.
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    edited December 2020
    Batman05 said:

Batman05 said:

TP33 said:

-sixate- said:

If they’re going to slow progression it should be reduced rank up materials, not ISO because you end up having expiring resources, while at least ISO expiring can be sold or fed into arena fodder.

I currently have 3 R3 5* who are level 1, a R2 6* who is level 1, I’m going to have to R2/3 another 6* this month or let T5B expire. The reason they’re all level one is because the catalysts will expire if I don’t make the rank ups.
    The only way for catalyst to not expire is to not complete content but then I won’t have shards for ISO. There’s a real ISO drought towards the top end of the game. If you buy cavs you’re fine for ISO, but if you don’t your monthly ISO is sucked up by 2 weeks worth of progression, let alone if a new piece of permanent content is released like V6/Act 7.