**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

So, we’re through 2020. Let’s review the champs.

SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,798 ★★★★★
https://forms.gle/2eUdhkYxxTDskbvBA

Six months ago, I made a post like this with the first half of champs in 2020. Now I’ve got the full roster, and I’m here to see how the opinions have changed. Is Terrax still the worst? Will Red Guardian be dethroned?

Please give your reasoning in the comments below so more people can see it and I can get a sense of the bigger picture.

Thanks!

Comments

• BabyMiikeBabyMiike Posts: 1,147 ★★★★
    Cosmic gr
  • FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★

FiiNCH said:

I voted Terrax as the worst champ of 2020 - I don’t think that’s changed over the last 6 months.

I voted CGR as the best champ of the year. Quite frankly ridiculous damage with some useful utility whilst also being great with suicides. Top notch champ.

hmm. Apocalypse has the early lead for best champ of 2020. It’s gonna be a close race.

Pretty sure Terrax is gonna win worst champ again lol.
    I won’t lie it was really tough to pick between the 2. You could make a compelling case for either of them!
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Chose CGR since he seems ridiculous and has a bit of utility although Apocalypse is a close second.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    HI_guys said:

I voted sorcerer for best because I think her impact and range on the game is the largest. Worst is probably nova or terrax because they're nova and terrax

Nova did have a good impact atleast on defense
    yeah good point
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★

Terrax is the worst as of now... even if his attack is boosted 5% he will be at least useable. So I do think Nova ends up being the worst. For now I voted Terrax.

I don’t have Apoc at any rarity, so I did not vote for him. Even if I did, I’m just not sure he is more useful than Guardian. Guardian just flat out destroys nearly any matchup. He has power drain, perfect block, blocks unblockable specials, deals insane damage (even without the crazy ramp up) and his block synergy is so good! I voted Guardian!

Ya know, I completely forgot that Guardian came out this year. Imo, it goes Poco, Guardian, CGR, Sorcerer as far as best contributions to the game this year.
  • QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★
    I went Air-Walker for the worst, because terrax is getting a buff.

As for best, I'd say red mags technically as he is pretty much a completely new champion now, but I went for Sorcerer just because she is the best of the champions I know well.

I reckon tigra, apoc and maybe CGR would all go above her though.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,798 ★★★★★
    Qacob said:

I went Air-Walker for the worst, because terrax is getting a buff.

As for best, I'd say red mags technically as he is pretty much a completely new champion now, but I went for Sorcerer just because she is the best of the champions I know well.

I reckon tigra, apoc and maybe CGR would all go above her though.

didn’t want to include champion buffs
    edited December 2020
    4 hours in, time for a status update

Terrax is still winning worst champ of the year with a 14 vote lead over second place Air Walker. Nova and Mole Man trail behind in third with 4 votes each, and Immortal Hulk sits in fifth with 3 votes.

Apocalypse holds a narrow 3 vote lead over Cosmic Ghost Rider for best champion of 2020, while Sorcerer Supreme needs a slew of votes to catch up with her 4 vote third place position.

Champions that have yet to be mentioned on the poll in any fashion:

Longshot
    Mojo
    Weapon X
    Storm (Pyramid X)
    Sasquatch
    Platinumpool
    Red Goblin
    Immortal Abomination
    Spider-Ham
  • Varad18Varad18 Posts: 162
    Long shot and CGR for the Best
    Terrax you know
  • JueVioleGraceJueVioleGrace Posts: 1,424 ★★★★★
    Poor Terrax. He's already solidified his spot at the bottom.
  • Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★
    I went for Guardian because he's fun and I have him and the block proficiency synergy is great. Maybe if I had Apoc I'd feel differently.
    Terrax for worst because well he's Terrax.
  • zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,130 ★★★★★
    Apoco because of the synergy he brings to the other champs. Then, CGR as best.

I picked Air Walker as worst. At least Terrax is getting buff.
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    edited December 2020
    I went for terrax and cgr.
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    lmao terrax is the only champ of 2020 i got as 5*
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★

Terrax is the worst as of now... even if his attack is boosted 5% he will be at least useable. So I do think Nova ends up being the worst. For now I voted Terrax.

I don’t have Apoc at any rarity, so I did not vote for him. Even if I did, I’m just not sure he is more useful than Guardian. Guardian just flat out destroys nearly any matchup. He has power drain, perfect block, blocks unblockable specials, deals insane damage (even without the crazy ramp up) and his block synergy is so good! I voted Guardian!

Yes.

I voted sorcerer for best because I think her impact and range on the game is the largest. Worst is probably nova or terrax because they're nova and terrax

Also yes.
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,830 ★★★★★
    Already have a bunch of heavy hitting damage champs, what we need more are utility champs and Sorcerer offers one of the most unique utilities , so she got my vote.
  • MCOCHazzaMCOCHazza Posts: 837 ★★★
    Terrax as worst. Such a disappointment.

For me it was a tossup between Apocalypse and CGR, but ultimately I chose CGR.
    Hazzalec1 said:

Terrax as worst. Such a disappointment.

For me it was a tossup between Apocalypse and CGR, but ultimately I chose CGR.

a tossup between Apocalypse and CGR is the best definition of this poll