**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Do you agree with that rationale?

ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
edited December 2020 in General Discussion
After recent upgrade, you can’t sell overflow boost items because “it’s high value item”. However, value of boost is something relative sense and I think level 60 players won’t consider XP boost “too high value”. What do u think about this change?

Do you agree with that rationale? 98 votes

Please empower the player to decide what can be disposed or not
86%
SnizzbarJoeLukaTendersquadOzymandasNoodes_ForwardColleenTerraVerzzkfd2010DOKTOROKTOPUSWarBros23QmonOnmixspiderknight616Moot4LifeSouthfenceDankestChefBuckyBruhPickleinmypants 85 votes
Please don’t raise this point out. Too silly.
8%
Lvernon15CupidPrathapDenzel116KyusushuiSkyLord7000Riptidehelping2 8 votes
You don’t see the value of xp boost for level 60 players. I do.
5%
Darkrider05YoMovesSummonerNRDonDudu2809Crcrcrc 5 votes

Comments

• ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★

XP boosts are just Item Use points.

So what-if your XP boosts are about to expire but there is no such item use objectives?
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,465 ★★★★★
    Reference said:

So what-if your XP boosts are about to expire but there is no such item use objectives?
    I dont get them often, and there is some sort of item use event every 14 days as well.
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,938 ★★★★★
    Reference said:

They disappear. You end up losing like 2,000 gold per week from not selling them.
    Crcrcrc said:

Reference said:

They disappear. You end up losing like 2,000 gold per week from not selling them.
    I thought you see some special value in it. Ok then.
    Reference said:

Crcrcrc said:

Reference said:

Their value is item use events when they come in.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,044 ★★★★★
    where are you even getting them? they're not in the new solo crystals

Yeah i was gonna ask that. But it dawned on me rank rewards give the greater ones, which still have xp boosts. I dont open those so i dont have the problem.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,044 ★★★★★

Yeah i was gonna ask that. But it dawned on me rank rewards give the greater ones, which still have xp boosts. I dont open those so i dont have the problem.
    they do? what ranked rewards? maybe i just haven't opened them, i do have a bunch haha
    Crcrcrc said:

Reference said:

Crcrcrc said:

Reference said:

Great finding.
    Reference said:

Crcrcrc said:

Reference said:

Crcrcrc said:

Reference said:

Great finding.
    What else are they for? They boost exp, and they give Item Use points. That is all.

they do? what ranked rewards? maybe i just haven't opened them, i do have a bunch haha

@danielmath this is it. Thats hero use, but for all the 22 hour events, you can get these. If you need item use points(i know you wont lol), these work.

If you grind arena, you start to accumulate brunch of solo shards. Yes you can choose Supreme Solo, yet most of the time ends up in attack / health boosts and I have overflow already. So I change to Greater Solo hoping for get at least few T1A, yet ends up with brunch of XP boosts.

The same problem happen no matter you pull Supreme, Greater or normal Solo crystals. All boosts items can’t be sold now, but why adding such restriction?

Yes you can hold up opening too, but it doesn’t make sense at all.
    Crcrcrc said:

Reference said:

Crcrcrc said:

Reference said:

Crcrcrc said:

Reference said:

Great finding.
    What else are they for? They boost exp, and they give Item Use points. That is all.
    In the poll there are 3 options, you choose yourself. Not me.
    Reference said:

Crcrcrc said:

Reference said:

Crcrcrc said:

Reference said:

Crcrcrc said:

Reference said:

Great finding.
    I didn’t agree with the other 2 options. I don’t think we should be allowed to sell what we want, but people can give their opinions.
    Crcrcrc said:

Reference said:

Crcrcrc said:

Reference said:

Crcrcrc said:

Reference said:

Crcrcrc said:

Reference said:

Great finding.
    I didn’t agree with the other 2 options. I don’t think we should be allowed to sell what we want, but people can give their opinions.
    This is an overflow items and you are allowed to sell before. Now you can’t because Kabam considers it is high value. It is NOT what you mentioned. I’m asking whether player agree with such rationale. Do you understand the logic?
    Reference said:

Crcrcrc said:

Reference said:

Crcrcrc said:

Reference said:

Crcrcrc said:

Reference said:

Crcrcrc said:

Reference said:

Great finding.
    This is an overflow items and you are allowed to sell before. Now you can’t because Kabam considers it is high value. It is NOT what you mentioned. I’m asking whether player agree with such rationale. Do you understand the logic?
    Yes. I picked the third option because I didn’t agree with the first or second.
    The thing is, XP boosts are rare if you hoard. So those arent oftenly obtained. And those little boosts i burn through in alliance war, so i dont generally have to worry about it.
    edited December 2020
    Crcrcrc said:

Reference said:

Crcrcrc said:

Reference said:

Crcrcrc said:

Reference said:

Crcrcrc said:

Reference said:

Crcrcrc said:

Reference said:

Great finding.
    Yes. I picked the third option because I didn’t agree with the first or second.
    Ok I got it. Next time you can simply ignore any option as you picked option 3 and I thought you have some insight to share. Thank you.

The thing is, XP boosts are rare if you hoard. So those arent oftenly obtained. And those little boosts i burn through in alliance war, so i dont generally have to worry about it.

I understand your point and not argue on it. The point I’m saying is why control you dispose something which you can do so before? And using the rationale that it is high value? What value for level 60 players other than item use event?

I have no worry on AW, item use event as well, as I have brunch of sig stone, AG, other items. The focus on here is the rationale of removing such selling option.
    Reference said:

I understand your point and not argue on it. The point I’m saying is why control you dispose something which you can do so before? And using the rationale that it is high value? What value for level 60 players other than item use event?

I have no worry on AW, item use event as well, as I have brunch of sig stone, AG, other items. The focus on here is the rationale of removing such selling option.
    I agree as well that this change is really dumb, but it doesnt affect me as much.
  • Hilbert_unbeatable2Hilbert_unbeatable2 Posts: 804 ★★★
    U will get item use Alliance objective that time u can just use them
  • You don’t see the value of xp boost for level 60 players. I do.
    If only Kabam had responded with something like “thanks for letting us know, we’ll look into why this is happening” (or something like that) in any of the myriad of other similar posts about this same concern since it started happening during the Gifting this month.

Oh, wait... they did.

Haven’t gotten additional follow-up yet with a definitive WHY it's not allowing selling some of the items now, although remember it’s holiday time in the office.
  • avenge_123avenge_123 Posts: 1,307 ★★★
    Question:how many of u prefer to take precision mastery to rank 5 instead of rank 4?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Meh. Doesn't matter to me. I just let them expire on their own.
  • OzymandasOzymandas Posts: 80
    It's ridiculous. The items have been saleable for years, and overnight it's decided no? No notice? No explanation?

So many of us are level 60. XP boosts are high value items, unable to be sold? The ONLY value these have is in selling them. Some say use them them during item use but to be honest, popping them just for event points makes me feel like a monkey and I question why I play this game what Kabam thinks of its player game.The game has much more to offer than to steer us towards pointless exercises such as this.

As far as the other boosts are concerned, sometimes I pop them during AQ or EQ and sometimes that opportunity just isn't there. So I sell them. I'm not crazy about that but it's something. It does encourage me to try more endgame content, variants, and Cavalier level EQ NOW. Take away my ability to sell them? I put off those challenges for another day. And hoard.
  • spiderknight616spiderknight616 Posts: 454 ★★★
    edited December 2020

They have like a 60% drop rate in the Greater Solo Crystals.

Someone else suggested this in another thread and I'm just repeating that: they should make the XP boosts energy refill boosts at level 60. 40% boost refills energy 1 minute faster and 50% boost does it 1.5 minutes faster. That way they'll at least have some use.