**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Best AW Defense

TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
This is just one of those hypothetical best possible team questions. Assuming you had every champion in the game maxed and at max sig, what would be your AW defense? And this is regardless of nodes or tiers or anything, just straight up defense. You can do with or without synergies, or even both. Here are my teams:

With synergies:

Mister Fantastic
Invisible Woman
Human Torch
Doctor Doom
Thing

Without synergies:
Doctor Doom
Mojo
Havok
Thing
IMIW

Comments

• TP33TP33 Posts: 1,593 ★★★★
    Domino (node 23)
    Korg (anywhere)
    Mojo (Debuff immune/enhanced special 1)
    Apocalypse (boss)
    iHulk (on indomitable and recovery miniboss)
  • YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    edited December 2020
    This is a loaded question-some champs are abysmal on some nodes but fantastic on others.

Example: Spider-Gwen, busted on the Brute Force mini but average at best literally anywhere else but maybe One Eye Open on path 9.

My defense:

Doom (duh)
    Thing (couple years old and yet still somehow one of the scariest mfers on defense wherever you go.)
    Dragon Man (for that spicy Hazard Shift mini!)
    Mojo (Just not fun to fight against if you're not using Magik or Quake)
    Void (literally forces mastery changes and is still extremely annoying on several nodes)

Near misses:

Darkhawk (mine's R3! I actually legitimately enjoy using him and he's underrated on D.)
    Domino (sorry. She's on attack.)
    Apocalypse (He might be called on to support Kang in an enemy Apocalypse takedown)
    Mysterio (Screw this guy...it's just he has hard counters on most nodes)
    Nova (Also extremely scary on the wrong nodes)
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Groot and Cylops for their effectiveness.

Groot and Cylops for their effectiveness.

Groot for that Stubborn boost!
  • Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,532 ★★★★★
    Let me start by saying that I am not in a high tier, so my choices for where I'm at:

Mojo
    Korg
    Void
    Thing
    Annihulus
  • EtherealityEthereality Posts: 685 ★★★

This is just one of those hypothetical best possible team questions. Assuming you had every champion in the game maxed and at max sig, what would be your AW defense? And this is regardless of nodes or tiers or anything, just straight up defense. You can do with or without synergies, or even both. Here are my teams:

With synergies:

Mister Fantastic
    Invisible Woman
    Human Torch
    Doctor Doom
    Thing

Without synergies:
    Doctor Doom
    Mojo
    Havok
    Thing
    IMIW

Sorry but... has anybody realized that in the F4 team, if you replaced Doom for Doc Ock, then automatically all F4 will get a ptetty neat power sting .... one that most attackers wouldn't expect?

Also I dunno but I dont think HT is that great on defense. Sure he will incinerate you when u hit him but his health pool and his block proficiency is so low that all you beed is to bleed/poison him with whomever champ ( Hawkeye is pretty good against HT, sane goes with NF, etc) and hit into his block. Unless you decide to fight a Torch with a mystic... he's not that hard.

I'd rather do:

Mr. F
    Inv Woman
    Thing
    Korg
    Doc Ock
  • Hilbert_unbeatable2Hilbert_unbeatable2 Posts: 804 ★★★

With synergies:

Mister Fantastic
    Invisible Woman
    Human Torch
    Doctor Doom
    Thing

Without synergies:
    Doctor Doom
    Mojo
    Havok
    Thing
    IMIW

Synergy Don't work in aw Defence

With synergies:

Mister Fantastic
    Invisible Woman
    Human Torch
    Doctor Doom
    Thing

Without synergies:
    Doctor Doom
    Mojo
    Havok
    Thing
    IMIW

Sorry but... has anybody realized that in the F4 team, if you replaced Doom for Doc Ock, then automatically all F4 will get a ptetty neat power sting .... one that most attackers wouldn't expect?

Also I dunno but I dont think HT is that great on defense. Sure he will incinerate you when u hit him but his health pool and his block proficiency is so low that all you beed is to bleed/poison him with whomever champ ( Hawkeye is pretty good against HT, sane goes with NF, etc) and hit into his block. Unless you decide to fight a Torch with a mystic... he's not that hard.

I'd rather do:

Mr. F
    Inv Woman
    Thing
    Korg
    Doc Ock
    Your one problem

Unique Synergy: This synergy will not activate in war defense.

Oops.