**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Spiderham may be the 2nd best champ released in 2020.

2»

Comments

• Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    OGAvenger said:

CGR2020 said:

OGAvenger said:

Texas_11 said:

My top champs of 2020:

1.) CGR
    2.) Spiderham
    3.) Tigra
    4.) Apoc
    5.)Sorcerer Supreme
    6.)Guardian
    7.) dragon man
    8.) Longshot
    9.) guardian
    10.) Red goblin or Red guardian

We had two releases of Guardian this year?? Man 2020 has really been something else...
    Yes. Red Guardian (Russian PowerHorse) and White Guardian (Canadian Leader)
    He literally put guardian down twice and then also put red guardian bro
    Sorry,
    Was typo so I was just getting confused with the guardians.

6.) = Tech Guardian
    9.) = Red guardian
    10.)= Red goblin . My thought process was on who to pick between 9 or 10.

Sorry for the confusion
  • YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    Tigra is overrated. Completely average against non-projectile using champs, and that miss mechanic is worse than Ghost's, less reliable than Quake, and loses to several common opponents in war (Fury comes to mind). Sure she has a niche, but so do a LOT of champs...and non-cooperative AI hurts her a LOT.

Ham is kinda in a similar boat, though he's definitely easier to use than Tigra. Ham's problem comes from a low health pool, no immunities, and a debuff overreliance.
    Hoodie25 said:

Texas_11 said:

My top champs of 2020:

1.) CGR
    2.) Spiderham
    3.) Tigra
    4.) Apoc
    5.)Sorcerer Supreme
    6.)Guardian
    7.) dragon man
    8.) Longshot
    9.) guardian

I don’t know enough about Spiderham to make a judgement call there, so I’m gonna stay out of that. However, you are absolutely disrespecting my boy Professor X, and I won’t stand for it. Just for comparison’s sake, I have a r3 six star Longshot, and imo Prof X is a much better champion all around. I believe you said that his ramp-up takes a while and that his synergies are impractical: both of those statements are (mostly) false/misleading.

His ramp up isn’t bad at all, all it takes is one sp3 into a mind control cycle for him to start hitting like a freight train, and this only gets quicker the more fights that you take him into.

I’ll give you that his poison resistance synergy is a little inconsistent, since you have to win fights with a very suicide unfriendly champ in order to make other mutants more suicide friendly. However, winning those fights is still doable if you play a little more conservatively, and it isn’t a problem at all if you don’t run suicides at all (you still get the added utility of of poison resistance for other mutants, even if it isn’t for suicides).

But aside from that, he still provides massive damage spikes on special attacks for x-men (colossus’s sp2 becomes absolutely mental with this synergy), plus all sorts of champ specific bonuses that are pretty significant (e.g. passive power gain and +30% bleed potency for archangel). So even if it takes a little more effort to get the most out of prof X’s synergies, the end result is far too impressive to call them impractical.

And finally, the Professor has his own utility kit too, he’s not just a damage machine.

He deals energy damage and doesn’t make contact on all attacks except his first medium, so he works in annoying matchups like electro, Korg, or any node that punishes you for dealing physical damage or making contact.

He’s one of the best evade/miss counters in the game: it’s really easy to push up to 25 cerebro charges, at which point he completely bypasses them both.

He has a falter mechanic that not only serves as a safety net, but works nicely for pinning your opponent in the corner with heavy attacks.

He applies no debuffs, meaning he excels in debuff immune matchups (of which there are a lot of ingame) and against nodes like masochism.

He gains a ton of prowess buffs, making him a perfect option for nodes like buffed up. And if you’ve been paying attention, they’ve started to add lanes in story content that require you to have prowess buffs to avoid damage output reduction, so there’s another piece of utility.

And finally, he can completely lock his opponents out of throwing special attacks, a mechanic that no other champ in the game has access to.

Alright, to sum it all up: you can sing Spiderham’s praises all you want, but put some respect on Charles’s name
    I appreciate this comment so much, I’m going to squeeze prof X into my team. Some very valid points. That I may have overlooked.
    YoMoves said:

Tigra is overrated. Completely average against non-projectile using champs, and that miss mechanic is worse than Ghost's, less reliable than Quake, and loses to several common opponents in war (Fury comes to mind). Sure she has a niche, but so do a LOT of champs...and non-cooperative AI hurts her a LOT.

Ham is kinda in a similar boat, though he's definitely easier to use than Tigra. Ham's problem comes from a low health pool, no immunities, and a debuff overreliance.

Woah,
    Actually it’s the opposite . Against non projectiles attacks she is even more potent because she has a crazy reaching heavy, her miss is more reliable than ghost because, you control it and it is not on a timer, less reliable than quake, what champ is not?

Nick fury is not a good match, but I can’t think of a matchup that is not good for her aside from him.

Spiderhams Heath is low but surprisingly pretty sturdy , but still a low health pool . He is degen immune , which is becoming more and more common, and CGR relies on debuffs as well as a lot of champs so I don’t agree with that point
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    CGR2020 said:

Kill_Grey said:

CGR2020 said:

OGAvenger said:

CGR2020 said:

OGAvenger said:

Texas_11 said:

My top champs of 2020:

1.) CGR
    2.) Spiderham
    3.) Tigra
    4.) Apoc
    5.)Sorcerer Supreme
    6.)Guardian
    7.) dragon man
    8.) Longshot
    9.) guardian

We had two releases of Guardian this year?? Man 2020 has really been something else...
    Yes. Red Guardian (Russian PowerHorse) and White Guardian (Canadian Leader)
    He literally put guardian down twice and then also put red guardian bro
    CGR is best cosmic, no doubts lol.
    Not in the presence of Hyperion he's not.
    Ok fine, Hyperion has the constant power gain, fury, armor break/stun chain, Sp.3. spam, and poison immune.
    CGR has bleed/incinerate immunity, vigilance, power gain, unblockable, precision, cruelty, fury, power lock, and damnation when awakened.
    So ok, Hyperion wins. Period.
    CGR: "Damnation"!
    You forgot about his regen. For the fact alone that he has that power gain and special spam, he is better than CGR by quite a huge margin. Same goes for the other cosmics.
    YoMoves said:

Texas_11 said:

YoMoves said:

Woah,
    Actually it’s the opposite . Against non projectiles attacks she is even more potent because she has a crazy reaching heavy, her miss is more reliable than ghost because, you control it and it is not on a timer, less reliable than quake, what champ is not?

Nick fury is not a good match, but I can’t think of a matchup that is not good for her aside from him.

Spiderhams Heath is low but surprisingly pretty sturdy , but still a low health pool . He is degen immune , which is becoming more and more common, and CGR relies on debuffs as well as a lot of champs so I don’t agree with that point
    CGR can still do hecka solid damage even without his armor breaks. Ham is utterly, utterly neutrered against any debuff immunes or purifiers.

As for Tigra, against non-projectile special throwers you can't reliably heavy chain like you can against those who use solely projectiles. Her own low health pool and lack of immunities is also telling. I'm in no way saying Tigra is bad, all I'm saying is she's overhyped. I hear plenty of talk that she's Quake 2.0 and after extensive time with both I can safely state while Tigra has her niche she is NOT an overarching solution to most, or even a large portion of, the game any more than anyone else is.

And I also agree Ham is great, it's just those drawbacks that keep him from a tier quite on CGR's level. Degen immunity is not quite immunity, as it requires balancing spider-nonsense carefully, and he has no immunities to the much more common damaging debuffs (bleed, poison, incinerate all wreck him, and they're the three most common).
    Tigra , with her light attacks can easily keep an opponent against the wall, I have seen some top tier game play, and haven’t seen a champ in game that she couldn’t punish. Her helath pool is so low because she basically takes no hits in a fight when played well, ghost health pool is low as well and for the same reasons as tigra, I have played them both extensively as well, and was in a chat that showed off what she wa a capable of.

I can’t argue with you on the immunity being sort of difficult to maintain. Spiderham is a an amazing champ on his own.

Please , look at some of @buddy lees tigra threads and you will see how dominant she can be.
  • DannyB01DannyB01 Posts: 471 ★★★
    Man this thread wouldn’t have ended in a debate if OP hadn’t compared Spider-Ham and CGR’s damage output haha. They’re not really the same, but those pics are super impressive.

CGR, Apoc and Sorcerer Supreme are the best 2020 champs I reckon. Tigra, iAbom and Guardian would’ve made that top 3 most other years imo. Hard to distinguish as many have unique utilities and their significance will undulate over time. (sadly that still leaves Spidee-Ham out of the top 6 for me!)
    DannyB01 said:

Man this thread wouldn’t have ended in a debate if OP hadn’t compared Spider-Ham and CGR’s damage output haha. They’re not really the same, but those pics are super impressive.

CGR, Apoc and Sorcerer Supreme are the best 2020 champs I reckon. Tigra, iAbom and Guardian would’ve made that top 3 most other years imo. Hard to distinguish as many have unique utilities and their significance will undulate over time. (sadly that still leaves Spidee-Ham out of the top 6 for me!)

But the damage from CG and Spiderham are the same. Almost 200k Damage and you can get it back to back. That’s almost 400k .
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,826 ★★★★★
    Texas_11 said:

DannyB01 said:

But the damage from CG and Spiderham are the same. Almost 200k Damage and you can get it back to back. That’s almost 400k .
    Havent played either, but how long does it take to even get that damage off spider ham? As i know corvus just needs sp2. Cant compare if one takes longer to obtain even if theyre the same damage, as the net dps is still different
    GagoH said:

Texas_11 said:

DannyB01 said:

Havent played either, but how long does it take to even get that damage off spider ham? As i know corvus just needs sp2. Cant compare if one takes longer to obtain even if theyre the same damage, as the net dps is still different
    Total fight time :

1:01
    1:41
    1:13

Each fight count varies between 62-78 hits
    DalBot said:

Can't help but laugh at how simple gamers continue to criminally under rank Apocalypse 😂

Apocalypse without cable is rough. I know I have him R3 as well as CGR as well as spiderham .

Apoc alone feels worse than morning star
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
    By that logic Ghost and Omega suck too I guess 🤷🏻‍♂️

Last I checked there isn't a whole lot of solo-champ content so one synergy isn't a big deal. Cable also becomes an absolute God with Apoc so it's a natural fit
    DalBot said:

By that logic Ghost and Omega suck too I guess 🤷🏻‍♂️

Last I checked there isn't a whole lot of solo-champ content so one synergy isn't a big deal. Cable also becomes an absolute God with Apoc so it's a natural fit

Well... that is not true. Omega is still a good champ as well as ghost. By my logic , what that means is spider ham is a better champ on his own then apoc is.

By your logic , ghost loses half of her utility and damage without wasp.

You are also saying that omega loses half of his damage without synergy champ, this I’m okay with, but also add on the suicides to get him to where he is in he meta.

Spiderham is not as handicapped. Apoc is tough without cable. That’s all I’m saying.

I had Apoc in my tier list and I enjoy playing him with cable. And if you do decide to make someone a horseman he is back to being terrible to play
  • For me Storm Pyramid X deserve clearly top10 ! She is crazyyyyyyyy
  • Another_NameAnother_Name Posts: 180
    My ranking from best to worst

1 Apocalypse
    2 CGR
    3 Prof X
    4 Longshot
    5 Dragon Man
    6 Sorcerer Supreme
    7 Storm from the cult
    8 Guardian
    9 Sasquatch