**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Which Debuffs are the inverse of which Buffs?

Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
We all know that buffs are usually beneficial and debuffs not, and that opens up the connection between certain buffs and debuffs.

For example, Fury and Weakness are inverses of each other because one increases attack rating while the other decreases it.

Other pairs that I've found are:
Precision/Fatigue
Aptitude/Ineptitude
Armor Up/Armor Break
Power Gain/Power Drain
Lucky/Concussion (this one is actually one of my favorites because the debuff counterpart is much more prevalent when compared to the buff itself)
Vigilance/Falter

Some other ones are not quite perfect inverses or have multiple candidates such as:
Regeneration/Degeneration, Bleed
Cruelty/Exhaustion
Evade, Unstoppable/Slow

While some don't really have counterparts at all:
Heal Block
Petrify
Invisibility
Taunt

I don't quite know why I started this thread, but these inverses could make for some potentially fun nodes and interactions. What are other buffs/debuffs that are inverses of each other?

Comments

• Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★

I feel like Regeneration also works with Heal Block and Petrify.

Yeah, I think it could work with either a debuff that blocks healing, or makes them lose health, so in a way Degen, HB, and Spectre all work.

I'm not too sure about Petrify because it only modifies the rate at which you heal/PG. Maybe they should make a buff that increases the rate.
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Power gain and Petrify
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Prowess doesn't have an inverse either.

Aura of Incineration and Incinerate are also inverses.

Ice armor and coldsnap.
  • LmaoLmao Posts: 820 ★★★
    Poison also decreases regen sometimes.
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    Lmao said:

Yeah, that's why I didn't loop it in with Regen since it had that extra ability to it. Maybe they could make a Regen buff that also increases rate of Regen? And maybe the same for other forms of DOTs, like Incinerates, which lower BP could have a counterpart buff that Regens and increases BP.
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,142 ★★★★★
    Auto-Block and Unblockable if that counts
    Lmao said:

not sometimes, always poison reduces heal potency by 30%
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★
    Physical resistance and energy resistance are countered by true damage right?

Physical resistance and energy resistance are countered by true damage right?

correct true damage ignores resistances, such as physical, critical, energy.
  • Aziz5253Aziz5253 Posts: 495 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

I think the opposite of Regeneration is Degeneration. One adds health, the other removes health. Heal Block and Petrify can both "shut off" Regeneration effects, but they don't do anything to a champ that isn't healing.

The opposite of Petrify for healing effects is probably Recovery. That node effect boosts healing effects, while Petrify reduces healing effects. The equivalent for power gain is probably the node effect "Improved Power Gain."

I don't think there's any real opposite to Heal Block and Power Lock, since the opposite of those binary effects is not having those binary effects. You can heal, or you cannot heal.
    What about that reverse heal thingy we get from guillotines sp2? That reverse healing?
  • CrusherCrusher Posts: 305
    Fury and weakness
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★
    edited December 2020
    Aziz5253 said:

DNA3000 said:

I think the opposite of Regeneration is Degeneration. One adds health, the other removes health. Heal Block and Petrify can both "shut off" Regeneration effects, but they don't do anything to a champ that isn't healing.

The opposite of Petrify for healing effects is probably Recovery. That node effect boosts healing effects, while Petrify reduces healing effects. The equivalent for power gain is probably the node effect "Improved Power Gain."

I don't think there's any real opposite to Heal Block and Power Lock, since the opposite of those binary effects is not having those binary effects. You can heal, or you cannot heal.
    What about that reverse heal thingy we get from guillotines sp2? That reverse healing?
    Spectre.

That isn't really the inverse of regeneration - like Heal Block, if you put it on a champion who isn't healing, then nothing happens (ignoring Willpower...). So I'd agree with regeneration and degeneration being opposites.

The opposite of Heal Block is not being Heal Blocked.

Spectre is basically an amped-up Petrify; but only affects healing and not Power Gain.