**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

What's with the domino bashing?

Honestly, I don't know....wasn't active for a couple of months on forums and when I came back it was mayhem...why are people hating on her so much? I honestly find her very good; she may not be a top 5 mutant but she does not deserve the hate that is being directed towards her...

From what I have read is that people are mad because she has no good utility and is dependent on synergies? But her damage without synergies is still awesome, and she is not dependent on rhulk and masacre, it just makes her better. Not comparing them, but isn't that the same as ghost who becomes a better champ with hood and wasp? She has always been one of my favorite mutants in game...could someone please explain why people are boycotting her?

Comments

• dangarang122dangarang122 Posts: 410 ★★★

Just duped the 6*.

Wrecks things still.

Exactly...I would be thrilled to get her as my second 6 star in a couple of days...
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    edited December 2020
    jaysavage said:

OP never said she was the best @Thicco_Mode, he/she is just saying that she doesn't deserve to be hated on and I agree. I still love Domino.

yeah defo, I was just explaining why people don't like her as much. that's what this post is asking

if you like a champ I'm not gonna stop you lol
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

Etjama said:

Kill_Grey said:

@Etjama: *exists*

Thanks, man! It's because so many people still view her as a top 5 Mutant. She's so severely overrated nowadays and a select few (including me) are trying to rise against the simps. She has absolutely no reliable utility and RNG based damage, but people still try and call her a top champion. If we look at the Mutant class, Omega, Mags, AA, Poco, Colossus, Havok, Sunspot, Namor, Emma, Professor X, are all beast and also have utility. Domino's not even a top 10 Mutant imo. Probably 11.
    You forgot OML ;)
    no I didn't
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★

I love her!

yeah i would consider r3ing her if i had a mutant t5cc and her as a 6*. I think a r3 doesn't have to be the absolute best champ, or at least that's my mentality if I were to get one, and I actually do really like playing her
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    She's not bad, she's just been too overrated with all these new champs coming out.
    Texas_11 said:

Domino is not bad, like many mutants she has that parry mechanic , and red hulk is a synergy must.

The issue is her damage is inconsistent, which in some sweaty content, it’s not ideal to have your 3/45 domino hitting for 3k because she didn’t crit , where the last fight it just hit for 140k.

They removed a very important mechanic from her when she was released. which was being able to crit bleed on her SP2( it never actually made it into the game) “ If she bled in a fight she would receive an extra 3k attack or something) see below :

As the Heath pools got larger and node combos became more than 300% health, and more complicated, domino wasn’t able to keep up with the demand of node combos. On top of that every other champ could hit just as hard as her and more reliable , this is because most mutants have prowess. She is still a banger of a champ, but more of a luxury nowadays.

The hate stems from people still living out the glory days of domino when the game has shifted so far, in comparison to :

Hyperion, Magik, Blade, Omega red, Emma frost, Aegon, void , CAPIW, Corvus , Ghost, Symiote Suprme.

Domino , is still trying to find a hit record or what we call a one hit wonder or a trend , while the rest of the champs are still on top of the charts.

@Texas_11 thank you for this extremely detailed analysis!
    edited December 2020
    Unio77 said:

Just watch how this thread won't die for the next 2 days and ppl will be bickering about why Domino is overated but is still has worth now

@Unio77 lol sorry about that....that was not my intention. I have just been taking a break from the game and forums for a few months, and when I came back, I could not understand how and why people started hating domino...just wanted to clarify and ask around...
  • Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★
    0/10 No utility and sometimes good damage, synergy reliant
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    Moot4Life said:

She has some utility,

Non contact hits ,
    Limber bypass
    15% AAR good enough for magik
    65% chance to shrug bleed

A lot of mutants or synergy reliant, but yeah basically hit or miss on damage and not really a counter for anything in particular.
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,807 ★★★★★

I hate domino because I have to face her on defense frequently

I believe that is a factor which contributes a lot to the Domino hate trend.
    She still wrecks people on AW defense.
    I have a 6* Domino and she will be my first mutant r3.
    She is still a great champ with a lot of overlooked utility except damage.
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    Etjama said:

Texas_11 said:

Moot4Life said:

She has some utility,

Non contact hits ,
    Limber bypass
    15% AAR good enough for magik
    65% chance to shrug bleed

A lot of mutants or synergy reliant, but yeah basically hit or miss on damage and not really a counter for anything in particular.
    See, that's my problem. You just mentioned all her utility and none of it is reliable which is quite honestly just unacceptable (except for the Limber bypass which is synergy reliant). You can't use her for any bleed nodes or champs since its just a chance to shrug off bleed and her AAR isn't even close to being reliable enough. 15% really isn't enough for Magik at all. A max sig Magik is still going to proc limbo 85% of the time. And sure, that AAR can go up a bit, but not enough. And in order to use any of her non-contact hits, you also have to use contact hits which defeats the whole purpose.
    I understand. in this same thread , I wrote my thoughts on her in general. But I said she has some utility , not necessarily reliable utility.

I have her at rank 3 6* and sometimes I can’t believe what I see and other times , I’m just like... this can’t be right for an R3. I truly believe that if they didn’t remove that SP2 attack bonus , domino would still be in top tier just because of her damage.

But when she can’t do that consistently , it jeopardizes her overall standings in the mutant class . When you look at someone like havok or even Emma frost , at least they have consistent damage with more utility.
  • HeavyBr3athingHeavyBr3athing Posts: 144 ★★
    The problem is the mutant class it STACKED with amazing champs now. With limited resources I'd rather rank up a champ that will do what I want consistently and not worry about RNG.