**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

White Magneto AQ map 7 miniboss

I apologize if there has been another thread where this was discussed, but I’m disappointed in the complexity that was created with the node combination on the 2nd white magneto miniboss:
- Mighty charge: ok so far, normally handled with reparry method
- Heavy hitter: well we know what this normally means, an AI programmed to constantly throw heavy attacks immediately after first dash. That makes the reparry almost non feasible 8 out of 10 times
- True strike: well, because no more quake cheesing on minis
- Power Struggle: on most fights this wouldn’t matter, but if you end up blocking a lot you’ll give him a lot more opportunities to steal your power just because of the AI constantly being unstoppable based on the first two bullets
- Power snack: because heaven forbid you ever need to bait specials, you’re bound to push him to sp3

This is all before considering epic modifiers...

Comments

• TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Char said:

I apologize if there has been another thread where this was discussed, but I’m disappointed in the complexity that was created with the node combination on the 2nd white magneto miniboss:
    - Heavy hitter: well we know what this normally means, an AI programmed to constantly throw heavy attacks immediately after first dash. That makes the reparry almost non feasible 8 out of 10 times
    - Power Struggle: on most fights this wouldn’t matter, but if you end up blocking a lot you’ll give him a lot more opportunities to steal your power just because of the AI constantly being unstoppable based on the first two bullets
    - Power snack: because heaven forbid you ever need to bait specials, you’re bound to push him to sp3

If you put on White Magneto's sig ability you can parry the mini boss even during mighty charge. That will save you guys a ton of revives. You're welcome, we just found out yesterday and HT was 10 times easier.
    Ebony_Naw said:

Char said:

If you put on White Magneto's sig ability you can parry the mini boss even during mighty charge. That will save you guys a ton of revives. You're welcome, we just found out yesterday and HT was 10 times easier.
    Curious who you have bring in the white magneto. You're basically burning a roster spot for the minis. In order for us to do that, I think we'd need to change around some lanes to make it more doable. Parry curse is done for the week, so now we can just have a quake player do some lanes and add white mags, but with parry curse as the modifier, that's an unfair ask.
    Currently we have the backup for section 1 bring white magneto. Also, You can give your non mini boss contributors to bring white Magneto as well. Threre's plenty of lanes where Corvus can cover to make room, you only need one for both mini's and the boss if he's maxed sig.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,043 ★★★★★
    Ebony_Naw said:

Char said:

Curious who you have bring in the white magneto. You're basically burning a roster spot for the minis. In order for us to do that, I think we'd need to change around some lanes to make it more doable. Parry curse is done for the week, so now we can just have a quake player do some lanes and add white mags, but with parry curse as the modifier, that's an unfair ask.
    I run acid wash/incinerate/colorblind so i have an extra spot to bring white mags since my team is king groot and a synergy (4* ibomb). King groot does every fight and i place prefights on both white mags
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

Ebony_Naw said:

Char said:

I run acid wash/incinerate/colorblind so i have an extra spot to bring white mags since my team is king groot and a synergy (4* ibomb). King groot does every fight and i place prefights on both white mags
    Still think it's hilarious how much use you've gotten out of KG after sad ranking him
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,043 ★★★★★

Ebony_Naw said:

Char said:

Still think it's hilarious how much use you've gotten out of KG after sad ranking him
    He did every fight day 3 except 1 (hood i used ibomb for fun) and finished at 100% health. If that’s not useful, idk what is
  • CharChar Posts: 35

Char said:

Thank you! After I started asking around, white magneto was also the solution I found and makes torch and cap IW good options for it.
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,501 ★★★★★
    I have a spot for White Mags on my team. Run Backup, Pleasure to Burn, Pleasure to Burn. White Mags, Torch, Sunspot.
  • Realm_Of_RahRealm_Of_Rah Posts: 430 ★★★
    Havok? Bishop less so?
  • OrdalcaOrdalca Posts: 543 ★★★
    My plan was to bring in Aegon+Heimdall to replace the corvus timeout method, since I have the Aegon for Buffed up paths anyways. Dex once to activate the power snack, then you can use the Heavy intercept to hit Magneto hard. Can also use the same trick for Apocalypse boss, so that's useful.
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    I've actually gotten good chunks off of him with Cap IW. Pretty sure a more skilled player than I could get the solo
  • JakharrkJakharrk Posts: 123
    Kabam learned from his mistakes you are doing filthy demands .
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    https://youtu.be/fT0PZEJjYJ4
    All you people disagreeing with me when I said torch worked, give this a watch
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

All you people disagreeing with me when I said torch worked

What are you talking about?
    Lvernon15 said:

Nobody disagreed with you. In fact if you scroll up I specifically Torch shouldn't be the only counter to a mini boss. Luckily its been discovered he has many counters now so we're good collectively but those first couple of days were terrible.
    Kill_Grey said:

Lvernon15 said:

All you people disagreeing with me when I said torch worked

What are you talking about?
    In another thread I got spam disagreed for saying torch worked

Lvernon15 said:

Nobody disagreed with you. In fact if you scroll up I specifically Torch shouldn't be the only counter to a mini boss. Luckily its been discovered he has many counters now so we're good collectively but those first couple of days were terrible.
    In another thread
    Lvernon15 said:

Lvernon15 said:

In another thread
    Oh you should respond on that thread because whoever says that doesn't know anything about the game.

Lvernon15 said:

Lvernon15 said:

In another thread
    Oh you should respond on that thread because whoever says that doesn't know anything about the game.
    Couldn’t find it 🤦‍♂️ Search tool didn’t help at all
    edited December 2020
    Ebony_Naw said:

Lvernon15 said:

Lvernon15 said:

Lvernon15 said:

In another thread
    Couldn’t find it 🤦‍♂️ Search tool didn’t help at all
    Can we talk about how useless the search function on the forums actually is? I always feel bad when people say not to create a new thread, and instead search for an old one (when the topic was not recently brought up). Like, have these people actually ever tried to search for something on the forums?
    Yeah, that’s why I generally only say it when it’s in the announcement area or something or if there are a thousand threads for it on the first page like what happens when the game goes dowm