**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

My hunt for 6* Archangel and 5* Night Thrasher

Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★
So I stole this idea from @Crcrcrc and their iHulk tracker.
I want to see how many shards it takes me to pull 6* Archangel especially. I was going to go for Doom next after Venom, but eh, he can wait, I want NT more (and those skill sigs are piling up)

Days elasped since AA entered the basic 6* ≈ 15
Days elasped since Night Thrasher entered the basic 5* ≈ 600 (idk)

Current 5* shards: 6, 478
Current 6* shards: 3, 931

Attempts at the 6* so far: 2 x featured (Monke and WS), 3x basic (Iron fist dupe, BPCW, Ultron), ALL epoch shards used.
Total 6* shards and no AA: 60k.
Attempts at the 5*: Many failures including 2 nexus'

I don't have a screenshot but my last dual crystal was a Magneto dupe.
I'll probably only post here with my 6* pulls, maybe couple 5*s so I don't clutter up the forums too much. Would be funny if I pulled a 6* Night Thrasher (I should not have said that, I've obviously no way to dupe him)

Comments

• Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Lol, good luck. I should probably make one for 6* G99 🤔
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

or a six star tech in general
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★

Kill_Grey said:

or a six star tech in general
    Yep :|
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    People here hunting 6*s. Me hunting for magneto ,fury and aegon and getting havok dupes instead.
  • EtherealityEthereality Posts: 685 ★★★
    Sorry, May I ask a question?

I have Night Thrasher as a 5*, and have a skill awakening gem. No sig stones as I used them all on Aegon but eventually will get some.

My question is ... sorry but what's so great about NT? He's just R2 currently and have hesitated to R3 him cuz I fail to see anything special about him. I wonder if it has to do with Synergies. I do have most of his synergy partners ( Mr F, Silver Surfer, Mysterio and a couple more I don't remember now) as 5*, but they're all R1 or R2.

Can you enlighten me why an I sleeping on NT? Why should I rank him further?

Sorry for my ignorance 😔
  • EtherealityEthereality Posts: 685 ★★★

I have Night Thrasher as a 5*, and have a skill awakening gem. No sig stones as I used them all on Aegon but eventually will get some.

My question is ... sorry but what's so great about NT? He's just R2 currently and have hesitated to R3 him cuz I fail to see anything special about him. I wonder if it has to do with Synergies. I do have most of his synergy partners ( Mr F, Silver Surfer, Mysterio and a couple more I don't remember now) as 5*, but they're all R1 or R2.

Sorry for my ignorance 😔

Night Thrasher

Immediate (no ramp up) evade and auto-block counter
    Power gain to sp1
    3 different debuffs (Shock, incinerate, disorient)
    Can decrease block proficiency by 100%
    Can decrease ability accuracy by 50%
    Damage goes up with more debuffs on opponent
    Taunts 70% chance
    Furies increase damage significantly
    Is a tank
    Incinerate immune
    If you mess up he’s a tank and if knocked down has 50% chance to purify all debuffs

The guy does so much. Learn him and he’s a baller.

Needs high sig to do all that.
    Hmmm, ok, will play a bit more with him with all this in mind. Thanks for the info!

The thing is... would you rank, awaken and sig up a Night Thrasher instead than a Falcon? Sure, Falcon might not be tanky nor have access to as many debuffs as NT but if what you want is an evade/auto block counter with some aar thrown into it, wouldn't Falcon's Lock On ability be a much more straightforward solution?

Again sorry if I am showing ignorance, I really don't know much about skill champs cuz I have been too entertained with my maxxed Aegon and NF. Didn't need to look at anyone besides these two but eventually ( soon actually) the time will come when I'll want/have ( due to expiring cats) to rank a Skill and will need to choose. I have Falcon both as 5* and 6*, Gwenpool and NT as 5* only and Killmonger and Ronin as 6* only. One of these will eventually get my soon to expire skill iso and/or skill cats... as of now I am inclined to awaken and sig up my 5* Falcon but would hate it if some time later i dupe my 6* version. So maybe NT it is then.
  • Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★

Sorry for my ignorance 😔

Night Thrasher

Immediate (no ramp up) evade and auto-block counter
    Power gain to sp1
    3 different debuffs (Shock, incinerate, disorient)
    Can decrease block proficiency by 100%
    Can decrease ability accuracy by 50%
    Damage goes up with more debuffs on opponent
    Taunts 70% chance
    Furies increase damage significantly
    Is a tank
    Incinerate immune
    If you mess up he’s a tank and if knocked down has 50% chance to purify all debuffs

The guy does so much. Learn him and he’s a baller.

Needs high sig to do all that.
    Hmmm, ok, will play a bit more with him with all this in mind. Thanks for the info!

The thing is... would you rank, awaken and sig up a Night Thrasher instead than a Falcon? Sure, Falcon might not be tanky nor have access to as many debuffs as NT but if what you want is an evade/auto block counter with some aar thrown into it, wouldn't Falcon's Lock On ability be a much more straightforward solution?

Again sorry if I am showing ignorance, I really don't know much about skill champs cuz I have been too entertained with my maxxed Aegon and NF. Didn't need to look at anyone besides these two but eventually ( soon actually) the time will come when I'll want/have ( due to expiring cats) to rank a Skill and will need to choose. I have Falcon both as 5* and 6*, Gwenpool and NT as 5* only and Killmonger and Ronin as 6* only. One of these will eventually get my soon to expire skill iso and/or skill cats... as of now I am inclined to awaken and sig up my 5* Falcon but would hate it if some time later i dupe my 6* version. So maybe NT it is then.
    So, I’m good with NT, but don’t have new Falcon’s gameplay down as well so of course I’d lean towards NT. I like Falcon and he can counter evade and such too (more stuff with the lock on) but you lock on and have a cool down. NT has it always as long as your hits are skateboard hits (I just medium medium everyone).

NT is overall a great undervalued champ. You really won’t go wrong with Falcon or NT, I would just be comfortable playing with the one you’re going to rank.

agreed with everything fluffypigmonster said.
    I'd maybe use a 3/4* duped NT before you commit to ranking him. you might decide you don't like him and regret using an AG and sigs and there's very little point ranking him unawakened unless you're absoultely desperate for someone thats incinerate immune or something which i don't think you are.
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,935 ★★★★★
    Good luck! I’m glad people are using my idea.

My last crystal of 2020.
    That is not Night Thrasher.
    Pretty fitting sum up of the year - kinda rubbish.

My last crystal of 2020.

Almost got the most effective champ
  • Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,524 ★★★★★

My last crystal of 2020.

At least he has a synergy with Night Thrasher.....
    Crcrcrc said:

My last crystal of 2020.

I have both duped. I got and duped that Cyclops from incursion crystals 😂

Crcrcrc said:

My last crystal of 2020.

I bet AQ is really easy with those champs. Unfortunately Red Cyclops still evades me. My awakened Groot is a good stand in though.
    Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

My last crystal of 2020.

I bet AQ is really easy with those champs. Unfortunately Red Cyclops still evades me. My awakened Groot is a good stand in though.
    I haven't got a 5* Groot. Surprisingly.

I spent the last 2k of my epoch shards.
    Makes up for Moon Knight.

V4 with horseman AA would be awesome. That is a great collector 2*
    Crcrcrc said:

I've only got 3 paths left for 100%. I don't think he has any synergies as a 2* tho sadly. But yep, i love my 2*s.

Crcrcrc said:

I've only got 3 paths left for 100%. I don't think he has any synergies as a 2* tho sadly. But yep, i love my 2*s.
    You can still use the horseman ability, right?
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

yeah but then you’ve done half the path and it’s slightly pointless at that point
    Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

Yeah but I've 100% that chapter and I'd have to win 3 fights and as much as I want to use AA as a horseman.. I'm too lazy for that 😂

Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

Yeah but I've 100% that chapter and I'd have to win 3 fights and as much as I want to use AA as a horseman.. I'm too lazy for that 😂
    Win against a mutant and it is only one fight.
  • GuytennisGuytennis Posts: 420 ★★★
    We left out the fact that NT loses all fury once he’s knocked down reducing his damage to poor and that his DOT from his various gadgets are so low that they heal most champs with will power on war defense.
    Guytennis said:

We left out the fact that NT loses all fury once he’s knocked down reducing his damage to poor and that his DOT from his various gadgets are so low that they heal most champs with will power on war defense.

I don't intend to get knocked down multiple times in 1 fight. Nor do I want him for war but I've got despair and he hits hard enough ramped up to counter the regen. You can let the debuffs fall off once you've got 10 fury if they're somehow regening a crazy amount