**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Thoughts on Daredevil (Hell's Kitchen) Buff after trying him out?

Comments

• DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,036 ★★★★★
    I know one thing it's really growing on me
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★

So all those people who said give it time, he will shine, people are quick to judge without trying him out. It's been almost a month now. Come to me with his best playstyle, the matchups he shines in that makes him a sustainable reliable counter. Else, agree this rework put him in no man's land. I'd also like it if the people disagreeing actually come up with a concrete argument rather than just tap a button

I am in the “he’s not quite good enough camp” however I must admit that if you happen to reach max sig, he will have uses for stuff like thorns, Korg, electro, that sort of stuff. IF you have absolutely no other options.
    And it does require him being at max sig, which unfortunately (or unfortunately?) I already have.
  • FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★

So all those people who said give it time, he will shine, people are quick to judge without trying him out. It's been almost a month now. Come to me with his best playstyle, the matchups he shines in that makes him a sustainable reliable counter. Else, agree this rework put him in no man's land. I'd also like it if the people disagreeing actually come up with a concrete argument rather than just tap a button

He’s kind of a mess right now but you can extract the good mechanics here and there. A few tweaks and he’s ready.
  • ChobblyChobbly Posts: 821 ★★★★
    I suspect it’ll be a while before we hear anything, whichever way it goes. Hope to be proved wrong though. Just the Regen sorting out and the Sig Ability Rage triggering Fury would do in a pinch.

(Seasons greetings all, btw).

• magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,019 ★★★★★

I'm curious @kingbradley1297. What have you found to be the best rotation?

I'm curious @kingbradley1297. What have you found to be the best rotation?
    If you hit his SP2, keep his combo meter at 30 or less. You will automatically get the rage debuff to convert to a fury because it will be purified when it falls under 16 combo.

Heavy as often as you can to build up cruelty after you get out of Murdock Boy.

If you want to be a purifying machine, keep hitting a heavy at 15-20 and stay under 16 on the combo meter.

For long fights go to sp3 first and then run your normal cycle. The damage scales with fury/cruelty/boosts/etc, but only procs 35% of the time.

He is a lot to manage. But he can dismantle a lot of opponents and nodes if played correctly.

His damage is still eeeeeeeeeehhhhh
    Soooo, further testing:

Not that ROL Wolvie is the pinnacle but as for testing:

100% ability accuracy reduction. W/Elektra or Psylocke synergy. Wolvie couldn’t regen at all. What other applications does this have?

• TheHoodedDormammuTheHoodedDormammu Posts: 1,448 ★★★
    Hopefully they fix him soon! Don't want to wait a few months for his buff lol
  • WRIRWRIR Posts: 563 ★★★
    FritoPlay said:

Does anyone know an update? I didn't see any notes for changing his abilities next month.

A big thing keeping me around is these reworks, and if they're going to be like Daredevils, I dont want the reworks.

Man hopefully one of the 4 are good! I'm especially hyped for Yellowjacket, Kingpin, Moleman, and Terrax!
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    Chobbly said:

@Kabam Miike, sorry for tagging you in but as this thread is over a month old now would it be possible for someone to ask if there is a response to the feedback given in this thread for DDHK? Thanks.

it sucks but he wont be fixed that's how they made him and according to their plan he's working as intending so there's no bug...
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    we can put that DDHK update to a rest because he is working as intended and there's no Bug and if you ask Kabam he's working how they wanted him to even thou we don't like it
  • Sachhyam257Sachhyam257 Posts: 931 ★★★★
    Wow, still no acknowledgement from kabam huh.... We all know kabam sees this, just buff his dmg and increase his regen rate ffs.
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    Way too late to be relevant, but my main beef is the regen nerf as a suicide main. Just can't use him.

Some champs are terrible with suicides, but still usable. Only 1 champ self-destructs with them. Given the current meta, being afraid of a little regen is just silly.
  • CoolFlameCoolFlame Posts: 18
    It might be that kingpin's buff will add a synergy for DDHK which would explain the silence from mods but it would be helpful if we could have some insight on it. I guess missing out on beta really hurt this buff. Most of the CCP members agree that he needs a little more to make him relevant in the current meta
  • ChobblyChobbly Posts: 821 ★★★★
    CoolFlame said:

It might be that kingpin's buff will add a synergy for DDHK which would explain the silence from mods but it would be helpful if we could have some insight on it. I guess missing out on beta really hurt this buff. Most of the CCP members agree that he needs a little more to make him relevant in the current meta

The Kingpin buff may help but it won’t be ideal if the usefulness is determined to such an extent by a synergy. As so many have said, and I echo, fixing Regen and a damage tweak is all that he needs. Whether the damage tweak is the Sig Ability Rage giving a Fury like the SP2 or something else.
  • SupremeWarlordSupremeWarlord Posts: 293
    So, looks like Daredevil HK is still trash and they have no intentions of doing anything about it.
    I just used HK on one of my sub accounts and he sucked so bad that I felt inclined to come on here and complain again.
    I keep hearing about how he has regen now and how his damage is supposed to be better but I have yet to experience either when using him. Maybe I have to do some ridiculous combo sequence, or maintain a high combo, or maybe he needs high sig, IDK. All I know is, before you guys ruined him, all I had to do was spam mediums and stack armor breaks and his damage output was a hell of a lot better than it is now. I wish all of these idiots knew how to use him and didn't complain about him. He was what he should have been. This guy is the definition of underwhelming and this was an epic failure on you're part. Swallow your pride and fix him please. I've been playing for 4 years and have already been fed up with the pay to win tactics and bad offers for a long time. I don't even log on every day anymore and I'm the leader of a Silver Alliance, then when I do play on my sub account where I can actually advance my profile, I wind up using HK because I forgot he's trash now, and it made me log off.
    KABAM: "Enough of you complained about him so we changed him, now you complain he's worse. Not every champion can be Magneto. Live with it. Buy some more of our bad offers."
    Yeah well, not every champion update can be magneto, but NO champion update should be HK. I'm starting a new term: HKed.
    "Remember that Champion that used to be God Tier? They HKed him, he's trash now."
  • SupremeWarlordSupremeWarlord Posts: 293
    Maybe the guy in charge of the project thought they were supposed to be nerfing him because he was too O.P.