**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Warlock’s sp2 is broken

Hello global,
Today I was fighting against domino with my warlock in AW.
At one point I parry stunned her, hit a medium and immediately launched sp2.
However, she was able to block it because warlock started sp2 animation far away from domino.
I remember this was known bug (sp1 & sp2 broken) and was fixed in Oct or Nov 2020.
But, it seems the bug still persists.
Hope Kabam will acknowledge and fix this.

Comments

• bumble-beebumble-bee Posts: 137 ★★
    I have a video recording of duel with domino but unable to upload here.
    Someone pls guide me how to upload video.
  • JueVioleGraceJueVioleGrace Posts: 1,424 ★★★★★

I have a video recording of duel with domino but unable to upload here.
    Someone pls guide me how to upload video.

Upload the video to YouTube, then send the link here
  • JueVioleGraceJueVioleGrace Posts: 1,424 ★★★★★
    I've noticed this as well. Warlocks special 2 pushes him back for whatever reason, and in most cases it won't connect with the opponent.
  • Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
    Yes I noticed the same against mutiple champs in questing and arena too ..and this is really annoying when it is supposed to be hit pefectly but opponent blocks from the 1st hit ..
  • odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,376 ★★★★★
    To be fair you only hit once and did the special I normally finish a combo then use it
    But I am not gonna lie the bug is there
  • bumble-beebumble-bee Posts: 137 ★★

To be fair you only hit once and did the special I normally finish a combo then use it
    But I am not gonna lie the bug is there
    @odishika123 Thank you for your comment.
    This is duel only where I just tried to show how this bug happens.
    In some situations, you may need to immediately launch sp1/sp2 after 1st medium hit.
  • Tried it on ROL WS. For me seems like always a problem when I do “ML” from a not-stunned situation and then SP2.
    A single “M” rushed in (not from parry) and then SP2 was working fine for me (Warlock remained close)

Did notice though (similar to video) that single “M” from parry (but letting the stun time wear down a little before M) and then SP2 which thus takes place after Parry expired (but immediately after the “M”) did indeed take Warlock backwards before the SP2.
    So might have something to do with opponents having been stunned and coming off from the stun during the attempted M-SP2.

Video case you accomplished that situation by Parry and manually retreating before then rushing with “M”. I just delayed a little before starting the “M”. But seemed to have same “backward before SP2 happens” effect.
  • FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    edited January 2021
    I often whiffed special 2 attacks with warlock when attempting after a single medium.

I’ve found that doing either MM or ML before throwing the sp2 stops the attack from whiffing
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,060 ★★★★★
    oh boy that looks crazy wrong
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    FiiNCH said:

I often whiffed special 2 attacks with warlock when attempting after a single medium.

I’ve found that doing either MM or ML before throwing the sp2 stops the attack from whiffing

Many champions specials whiff when attempting 1 or 2 hit combo and then chain the special. It depends on the champion animation.
    For example Domino is likely to whiff her sp1, if you fire it after her first medium.
    Personally I go deep to at least a 4 hits combo before firing a special with these champs at important fights, to avoid risking a whiff.
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Greekhit said:

FiiNCH said:

Many champions specials whiff when attempting 1 or 2 hit combo and then chain the special. It depends on the champion animation.
    For example Domino is likely to whiff her sp1, if you fire it after her first medium.
    Personally I go deep to at least a 4 hits combo before firing a special with these champs at important fights, to avoid risking a whiff.
    Domino's specials animation allows the opponent to recover and block if you chain it with 1 medium.
    In warlock's case warlock is getting pushed back and then the opponent is blocking the whole special. It shouldn't be that way. It's a bug.
  • -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    I had the same thing happen to me in AQ last night. Never had an issue launching his sp2 after the first medium attack before. Next time I launched it I made sure it was after a light attack mid combo and had no problem landing it.
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    I just thought his kit was supposed to do that. LOL