**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

I'm gonna have a 2017 3-4 gem expire because I can't use it...

hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★
edited January 2021 in General Discussion
Please fix this guys.. it's crazy. Anytime I try to use it, the rank up screen will only let me use a different class based gem instead.

Comments

• GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,804 ★★★★★
    Sorry, but your best shot is to use the different class gems first and then the expiring, before you lose it at all.
    Chances for this matter to be resolved before your gem expires are very low.
    Use it or lose it 😉
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    The only solution to this is to contact support and ask them to fix it for you. They’ll let you use a different gem and then refund your account that gem while taking away the year one. It’s the same thing as using the year one in the first place just longer.
  • HendrossHendross Posts: 938 ★★★
    I, and others, have contacted support. They are no longer offering a swapping service. You have to bite the bullet.
  • RemeliRemeli Posts: 608 ★★★
    Rasilover said:

Wish they allowed us to tap the gem in the item stash and use it on the available champ just like sig stones and an awakening gem

This seems like such an obvious and easy fix
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    Hendross said:

I, and others, have contacted support. They are no longer offering a swapping service. You have to bite the bullet.

They were able to help me in November. I had to use the class gem and they restored it back into my inventory and removed the generic gem I wanted to use. Threads about this problem get buried and the topic is regularly swept under the rug.
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★★
    Another way to fix it would be by going through the inventory. Click on the gem and give it a “use item” button. Then it would pull up a menu of eligible champs like sig stones do. If they treat it like a sig stone, it would work around the current problems
  • Geralt_123Geralt_123 Posts: 595 ★★★
    They are not offering the swapping service.They will simply tell you in cut and paste manner that it will give you unfair advantage against other summoners.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    jdeck59 said:

Wait what's the issue? If you can't use it then let it expire lol

He can use it. It won't let him use it because the game defaults to a different gem that he doesn't want to use. Read the post.
  • Rwj_2Rwj_2 Posts: 163 ★★
    I have the exact same issue. Support told me the couldn't help. Stuff like this is incredibly frustrating.

@Kabam Miike can you guys please address this???
  • hefy2000hefy2000 Posts: 87 ★★

They are not offering the swapping service.They will simply tell you in cut and paste manner that it will give you unfair advantage against other summoners.

That isn’t the experience I had.

Kabam does not intend for you to be able to use whichever gem you want. They will swap the gems if the game is forcing you to use a class based non-year specific gem when you have a 2017 generic available. The game is intended to prioritize using the gem that is applicable to the fewest number of champions first. The 2017 generic is currently bugged, which is why they are offering the swaps.
  • Rwj_2Rwj_2 Posts: 163 ★★
    edited January 2021
    So kabam support is just not always on the same page. I have a mutant 4-5 non year specific and a generic 4-5 2017. The game wants to use the mutant. When I contacted support they stated it was intended and they couldn't help me.

Guess it depends who you get.
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★
    Yeah, it's not a good look tbh. We played the game, we earned the rewards. We shouldn't lose them because of a flaw in the game's menu design. Why shouldn't we have the choice to use whichever of the gems we've earned on whichever champion we choose? So long as they are applicable as stated in the gem's description.
  • Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    Keep trying kabam support, eventually you'll get one that will help you out
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★
    edited January 2021
    Thanks for the feedback guys, it's definitely appreciated. I'm gonna just let it go though because I don't have the time or patience to have multiple conversations with support staff. It's more about the principle than it is the resource for me. It just doesn't sit well with me. I brought it up here in the hopes that it could at least spark a conversation about possibly bringing it to the attention of the team for review. Maybe they'll fix it eventually in a future update. Here's hoping. Thanks guys.
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    edited January 2021
    hefy2000 said:

That isn’t the experience I had.

Kabam does not intend for you to be able to use whichever gem you want. They will swap the gems if the game is forcing you to use a class based non-year specific gem when you have a 2017 generic available. The game is intended to prioritize using the gem that is applicable to the fewest number of champions first. The 2017 generic is currently bugged, which is why they are offering the swaps.
    Not so sure about that...

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/216230/how-to-use-the-2017-rankup-gems

Edit, cause this was the kicker and for sliced off originally for some reason. Watch this Katy Candy video on it. Many others got helped. They can't help some and not others! That does done some advantage, if they've done it before, but not for you!

https://youtu.be/SmCYJ9WVdyE