**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

iPhone 12 users, how does MCoC run for you?

PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,830 ★★★★★
edited January 2021 in Bugs and Known Issues
12/12 pro/max

I’ve seen several posts on performance issues such as controls, dexing, parrying , unresponsive touch etc. Does it run smooth for you?

Trying to decide between the 12 and the 12 Pro, but I hardly see any difference between these 2, so I’m going to get whichever runs the game better.

Thanks.
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    I think you’re better off waiting till kabam confirm it to be a known issue and do something about it. Otherwise go for iPhone 11 or whatever it’s name is.
  • Oesername123Oesername123 Posts: 253 ★★★
    I have the 12, no problems so far in AQ, Arenas or Cavalier event quest.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    I suggest you buy 12 Pro Max if you decide to upgrade your mobile. I have iPhone 12 Pro for a month yet I found it not as easy to control than before, partly because of thinner boundary which affect your fingers position. Besides, it is not so responsive when launching SP too.
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,830 ★★★★★
    Obicrix said:

I have an iPhone 12 pro and I have to be honest, my experience has nosedived since I upgraded from my iPhone XS. Missed blocks, parrying sucks at times, random dashing in and getting wrecked. Never had those issues until I upgraded to the new phone. I have been able to play still but I would say I have had a less than optimal experience.

Yep exactly what I’m talking about. I just don’t understand. You pay for a better product with better specs just to get shafted with even worse gameplay?
    Daddrieda said:

I think you’re better off waiting till kabam confirm it to be a known issue and do something about it. Otherwise go for iPhone 11 or whatever it’s name is.

I doubt kabam would confirm anything
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,465 ★★★★★
    12 Pro here, its flawless.
  • I am regretting buying the 12 because after shifting from my Iphone 8 to the 12 I found it very very difficult to control the game blocks are hard shifting backwards is like shifting forward and many other issues now I have one solution is to again download it to my old iPhone 8 and play it from there..
    Elyousfi said:

I am regretting buying the 12 because after shifting from my Iphone 8 to the 12 I found it very very difficult to control the game blocks are hard shifting backwards is like shifting forward and many other issues now I have one solution is to again download it to my old iPhone 8 and play it from there..

@Elyousfi apparently, its a kabam problem since the newer iphones have more dpi. It’ll only get fixed with an update. Not sure if it was like that for older models
  • I am also having issues with game play since changing from an 8 to the iPhone 12 Pro. First I couldn’t parry or the defender was punching through my block. I would also turn into a statue whenever a heavy was thrown by the defender (as if all champs were Dr Doom). Now it seems I cannot evade any projectiles. They never miss even when it comes from a 1*

Not sure if it’s the Phone itself or if game not interacting correctly with the iPhone 12. Hoping there is a fix and it’s in the next update. I’ve been playing this a long time and would like to continue but not changing phones either.
  • Bpn88855Bpn88855 Posts: 464 ★★
    And how many have no issues with iPhone 12? If u r fine with iPhone 12 game please comment here about that.
  • BigManOnCampusBigManOnCampus Posts: 376 ★★★
    Reference said:

I suggest you buy 12 Pro Max if you decide to upgrade your mobile. I have iPhone 12 Pro for a month yet I found it not as easy to control than before, partly because of thinner boundary which affect your fingers position. Besides, it is not so responsive when launching SP too.

I have the 12pro max, and right now i only use it in arena , to risky to use it in AW/AQ .. sometimes my champ would stop in the middle of a combo, or he may dash forward out of nowhere. parry works 75% ish .. I just use my xs max for aw/aq
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,277 ★★★★★
    GagoH said:

Obicrix said:

I have an iPhone 12 pro and I have to be honest, my experience has nosedived since I upgraded from my iPhone XS. Missed blocks, parrying sucks at times, random dashing in and getting wrecked. Never had those issues until I upgraded to the new phone. I have been able to play still but I would say I have had a less than optimal experience.

Yep exactly what I’m talking about. I just don’t understand. You pay for a better product with better specs just to get shafted with even worse gameplay?
    Welcome to the flagship Android MCOC experience.
    Kabam should at least acknowledge these issues since a lot of players are impacted
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,060 ★★★★★
    well outside of not registering 5-hit combos and randomly firing off a medium out of nowhere and dashing in out of the blue and still not activating an SP3 despite multiple taps .. outside of that it's fine lol

but then again, maybe it's just me sucking at the playing?? who knows but it happens so randomly and often.
  • Bpn88855Bpn88855 Posts: 464 ★★
    So far only one has no issues seems with game in this thread
  • ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 839 ★★★★
    iPhone 12 and I’ve had issues with controls/inputs.

It doesn’t happen in every fight but out of nowhere light attacks register as medium attacks.. try doing mlllm combo and it comes out mm.

Dropped inputs on left hand side of screen. Again not all the time but often enough that it’s a problem.

Heavy attacks sometimes don’t register.

Another guy in my alliance with iPhone 12 has no issues at all. Strange.
  • MCOCHazzaMCOCHazza Posts: 839 ★★★
    I’ve got a 12 pro max.

Very little issues.
  • Jaymix79Jaymix79 Posts: 233 ★★★
    I’ve got a 12 and when the AI throws a heavy I feel like Root is active. Like most said it’s not all the time but it’s enough.
  • Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    Bdmoe said:

Lol, so here was my answer from support, the game is graphically intensive so I might need to upgrade my phone. LOL!!! Man, you cannot make this stuff up.

It takes time to render the nipples on Hulk and Abomb, this game is indeed graphically intensive
  • MaxtheSilentMaxtheSilent Posts: 762 ★★★
    I was planning on upgrading my phone to a Pro Max. This is really upsetting to hear
  • PintzzPintzz Posts: 297 ★★
    On the 12 pro max. Bad haven’t had any issues at all in all modes. Besides the actual kabam bugs.
    I upgrade my phone every model as well and feel it has got progressively better since switching to iPhone. Have played it on the XS Max 11 Pro Max and now on the 12 Pro max
  • Izze_KingIzze_King Posts: 343 ★★

well outside of not registering 5-hit combos and randomly firing off a medium out of nowhere and dashing in out of the blue and still not activating an SP3 despite multiple taps .. outside of that it's fine lol

but then again, maybe it's just me sucking at the playing?? who knows but it happens so randomly and often.

I have these issues on a 6s. So it’s not the phone. It’s the game.
  • DodgerDogDodgerDog Posts: 86
    I also have problems pretty frequently on the left side. Mostly with when I go to block I rush forward. Other times I try to rush forward for a medium attack and I stand still. Other issues include trying to throw a heavy and it won’t which usually leads to certain death. It has been very frustrating on my new 12
  • Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,173 ★★★
    I've been an Android user and played Mcoc always on Android. I got my 1st iPhone, 12 and it's been about 50 days I'm using this phone. Initially i found it little difficult to control. My blocks would register as dashing backwards. I felt the phone was extra smooth and touch sensitive. So i had to adjust myself a bit and believe me the experience is now flawless. I have my 2nd account running on the other Android phone. So when i play now on my android, because of my little changed style i am missing a few parries there. Probably that's the change that has come in my playstyle because of the iPhone. But I'm loving playing on iphone 12. This exact issue occurred to my ally mate as well and after initial 3 to 4 bumpy days he got adjusted to it as well and is loving it on his 12 Pro. Just my experience, that's all.