**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Abyss? (⊙_◎)

Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
edited January 2021 in Strategy and Tips
I was thinking about hopping in the abyss. My MCOC resolution was to get TB by the middle of this year, and while I could probably get it through sq's and other stuff, abyss is a cool experience, or so I've heard. My two closest are tech and science. Tech is about 35% and science is 50%. My science options are pretty bad, but I have a yellowjacket. I'm holding off on 7.1 100%, because if his buff is good, I'll take science, and if not, I'll go tech for ghost (also have g2099). But, abyss is a guaranteed t5cc and even if I don't get a good class, i'd like having one to sit on.

So, the obvious question is about my roster. I have 2 of the 4 horsemen, and sym since I've heard he's even better than doom for the easy path. I don't have aegon, the big chonk god of the abyss. If I were to head into the abyss, could I even do it, and what champs should I be using?

Post edited by Kabam Habanero on

Comments

• Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Doesn't quite seem like you're ready yet. Unless you wanna go corvus, Stealthy, Torch, sym and beardo.

Also, get suicides, ya scrub 😜
  • Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    Maybe worth with what you have but it may just be easier to play the slower game, we have no idea how things may change in other areas of the game in order to help more endgame Cavs become TB

Maybe worth with what you have but it may just be easier to play the slower game, we have no idea how things may change in other areas of the game in order to help more endgame Cavs become TB

Better to get it quick, cuz the dailies alone are worth it.

Kill_Grey said:

Doesn't quite seem like you're ready yet. Unless you wanna go corvus, Stealthy, Torch, sym and beardo.

I was sorta planning on them but recoil really turned me off and spending like 8k on gifting really drained my wallet 😂
    Well, you're gonna need it for corvus versus unit collector, otherwise you could spend double of what you should.

Also, it's a worthwhile investment.
    ItsDamien said:

Kill_Grey said:

I dunno, the dailies for me have just given me a stupid amount of T4B to put into overflow.
    Been getting mostly tier 5 basics tho. But yeah, there's a lot of tier 4 cats as well (good thing 6*s actually use those).

Before you know it, there will probably be the thronebreaker objectives and all of that, so there's a lot of neat stuff coming.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    BuffBeast said:

Imagine not having Ægon

This post was made by the ImNotBrianGrantOrThiccoMode gang

dont remind me :( I really should go for skill/mutant crystals, but quake and the featured champs are so enticing. I could get aegon, nick, mags, or omega from the dual, but I could get prof, dragon man, shulk, wolvie, quake, sassy, monke, dragon man, or guardian. But I haven't gotten any luck from 15 of them besides sym
  • BuffBeastBuffBeast Posts: 1,074 ★★★★

BuffBeast said:

Imagine not having Ægon

This post was made by the ImNotBrianGrantOrThiccoMode gang

dont remind me :( I really should go for skill/mutant crystals, but quake and the featured champs are so enticing. I could get aegon, nick, mags, or omega from the dual, but I could get prof, dragon man, shulk, wolvie, quake, sassy, monke, dragon man, or guardian. But I haven't gotten any luck from 15 of them besides sym
    To be fair, the only champs that aren’t in the basic there are wolvie and prof X

Kill_Grey said:

ItsDamien said:

Kill_Grey said:

I dunno, the dailies for me have just given me a stupid amount of T4B to put into overflow.
    Been getting mostly tier 5 basics tho. But yeah, there's a lot of tier 4 cats as well (good thing 6*s actually use those).

Before you know it, there will probably be the thronebreaker objectives and all of that, so there's a lot of neat stuff coming.
    ooooh i love the objective crystals. Great for some 5* shards to get a crystal
    @Kill_Grey if i got aegon, would the situation change?
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    edited January 2021
    So hear me out here, Apocalypse could be a top option for Abyss Collector. I know I sound like KD here, but I've had (very short) convos with MSD about it and he agrees. Solid block prof for the specials, purify bypass, and he's bound to become a 100% evade counter. The Collector will basically become like any other fight (allbeit a long one full of revives and hard to dex Specials). You'd be trying something new, but I'd say he's definitely your best bet for Collector if you don't have suicides for Corvus and no Ægon. That being said, Ghost is the safer bet given that her ability to do it has been proven.

As for the rest of your team, Doom can work well for the easy path, but rank up SS if you want an easier time, plus HT for Mystics and IMIW, and Stealthy would be your best path clearer. That would be my suggestion if you don't want to wait for Ægon.
  • Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★

Kill_Grey if i got aegon, would the situation change?

Definitely, I heard Aegon saves like 2000 units
  • MeebletonMeebleton Posts: 552 ★★★

Kill_Grey said:

I was sorta planning on them but recoil really turned me off and spending like 8k on gifting really drained my wallet 😂

And yeah I didn't think I would be in a favorable roster position, but I was wondering if i could
    I wouldn't advise getting suicides.
    A lot of your top champs don't work well with them, plus the units it costs you to get suicides could get you through abyss.
    Etjama said:

So hear me out here, Apocalypse could be a top option for Abyss Collector. I know I sound like KD here, but I've had (very short) convos with MSD about it and he agrees. Solid block prof for the specials, purify bypass, and he's bound to become a 100% evade counter. The Collector will basically become like any other fight (allbeit a long one full of revives and hard to dex Specials). You'd be trying something new, but I'd say he's definitely your best bet for Collector if you don't have suicides for Corvus and no Ægon. That being said, Ghost is the safer bet given that her ability to do it has been proven.

As for the rest of your team, Doom can work well for the easy path, but rank up SS if you want an easier time, plus HT for Mystics and IMIW, and Stealthy would be your best path clearer. That would be my suggestion if you don't want to wait for Ægon.

ooh good to hear. THe thing is apoc kinda relies on heavies every once in a while and isn't there limber or is that only lol
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,804 ★★★★★

Etjama said:

ooh good to hear. THe thing is apoc kinda relies on heavies every once in a while and isn't there limber or is that only lol
    It’s only Labyrinth’s privilege limber, in Abyss you can spam parry.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Do I post my awakened 5 and 6 star aegon or be a non idiot... it’s too hard to choose aarrggghhh
    Lvernon15 said:

Do I post my awakened 5 and 6 star aegon or be a non idiot... it’s too hard to choose aarrggghhh

>:(
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

Do it.
    Etjama said:

Ngl I’m interested to see some gameplay on that

Etjama said:

Id go for it. Apoc is risky, but could pay off. That said, corvus is the “safe” option.

Also:

We’re dropping Aegon pics? Aight
    I know he isn’t maxed, but he’ll be there eventually

@Kill_Grey if i got aegon, would the situation change?

Well yeah, lol
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    Same resolution! I’m waiting for Aegon and NF. :)

Goodluck to us!
    A friend suggested the team of ghost, hood/wasp, torch, doom/sym, and heimdall. Ghost for generic fights, torch for imiw and mystics, and sym/doom for cosmics and buff heavy.