**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Grandmaster fight

Aziz5253Aziz5253 Posts: 495 ★★★
Is it just me or is this fight absolutely crazy rn? I saw a couple of videos on this fight and it goes so smoothly but when I fight him, he just doesn't use his sp1 and also the lags during this fight are crazy. I've already spent nearly 1k units on this fight but I only managed to bait GMs sp1 2 times out of the 50 times I've fought him.

Out of those 1k units, 200 were spent in the 1st phase learning his moves, and the rest of the units + a bunch of team revives from my absolutely fantastic alliance mates during his 3rd phase. I've managed to put him down to 11% somehow, but I'm out of units now, and I'm embarrassed to tell my alliance mates that I couldn't bring the GM down even after the bunch of team revives they've sent me.

How do I approach him now?

Comments

• Aziz5253Aziz5253 Posts: 495 ★★★
    Any insight would be appreciated
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Keep going. Do all the missions and be ready for inverted controls.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    yeah he was super stingy with specials. I spent revives in the 1-30% because he wouldnt throw specials and heavy spammed me in the corner :|
  • Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★
    :D this made my day. thanks dude
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★

yeah he was super stingy with specials. I spent revives in the 1-30% because he wouldnt throw specials and heavy spammed me in the corner :|

Yeah don't let him back you into the corner.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Yeah man, the lag in this fight is ridiculous!

Also yeah, AI is super uncooperative!

Moot4Life said:

moot youre in 6.2
    What does that have to do with anything...
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Moot4Life said:

Moot4Life said:

moot youre in 6.2
    nothing
    edited January 2021

Moot4Life said:

Moot4Life said:

moot youre in 6.2
    nothing
    Okay then why did you mention it AND start soamming disagrees :/

Looks like someone (you) cannot take a joke
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,106 ★★★★
    Be honest in your alliance chat. Unless you are very good at this fight and game in general, you'll sink a lot of units into it first time. Who are you using? If corvus, you can do about 100k damage at a time, regardless of phases and just chip him down.

I'm not going to fight him again until I have 6* nightcrawler personally, as I have never been good at baiting iron Man, cyclops, Kang, etc sp1.

Arena, 24 hour events, go again!
  • QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★
    Moot4Life said:

Moot4Life said:

moot youre in 6.2
    What does that not have to do with anything... You havent had experience with that fight so judging someone else for there own performance on it is not fair.
    Qacob said:

Moot4Life said:

Moot4Life said:

moot youre in 6.2
    What does that not have to do with anything... You havent had experience with that fight so judging someone else for there own performance on it is not fair.
    my friend its a joke... i am laughing with the player as they struggles not at the players struggles ;):)
  • MityAntMityAnt Posts: 151
    I just beat him today. Second attempt. Keep going. I felt like he was easier to bait by cornering him & then getting a little distance. Also, in phase 3 it was much easier for me to block & evade heavies as opposed to intercepting. He was above 10% for a while then I found my groove. 15 L1, 25 L2 & 1 Team revive (cause I had 1), I didn’t count all the health pots from inventory & overflow.

This is exactly what's happening, he goes straight for L2 and the block damage is good enough to get me KOed

Be honest in your alliance chat. Unless you are very good at this fight and game in general, you'll sink a lot of units into it first time. Who are you using? If corvus, you can do about 100k damage at a time, regardless of phases and just chip him down.

I'm not going to fight him again until I have 6* nightcrawler personally, as I have never been good at baiting iron Man, cyclops, Kang, etc sp1.

Arena, 24 hour events, go again!

I'm usually good with fights, probably not the best, but I can play pretty well. My team consists of Doom, Quake, Colossus, Starky and AA.