**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Alternatives to Aegon for Abyss

Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
So, I’m 40+ mutant/skill crystals deep in the hunt for Aegon, slowly coming to terms that, like Brian Grant, I’m probably not gonna pull him anytime soon.
So I want to start looking at alternative options for Aegon to try and get an abyss clear.
Off the top of my head, I think people have used:
Stealth Spidey
Stark Spidey
CapIW
Sabretooth (W/ Sasquatch)
Colossus (W/Omega Red)
Cable (W/Apoc)
She Hulk.

I think I saw somewhere that falcon can work? Makes sense with how his damage ramp up works.

Just wondering about people’s experience with using any of the above or other options I’ve missed as path clearers so I can do some research whilst I rebuild my unit stash. I have all of the champs listed above, as well as the other horsemen, Corvus etc.

In case anyone says “do other content first”, I’ll be finishing 7.1 100% this week, then all I’ve got left is LoL 100%, abyss, 6.2, 6.3 and 6.4 exploration, and tbh I feel it will likely be more worthwhile doing an abyss run before returning to act 6 for exploration.

Comments

• FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    I think you missed the “Stryfe is the new mutant Aegon” thread.

Other than that, She Hulk will help you a ton.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Corvus
  • FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

Corvus

I had to be strategic with Corvus.

When I went on the Masacre path - I would let Corvus kill a couple of champs after I got them down with Torch or Fury or someone. He loses his Glaive charges after 20 and is very noodley for long abyss fights.

Then vs Masacre where you hit into his block, he shines because the Glaive charges don’t go away.

Other than that - Corvus is a hard sell for me for Abyss.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★

I think you missed the “Stryfe is the new mutant Aegon” thread.

Other than that, She Hulk will help you a ton.

If he was coming into the featured 5* crystal next week, I’d have included him, but I think he just misses out, and I’m no whale so no chance I’ll get him from cavs lol.
  • IronStrangeIronStrange Posts: 103
    I just finished the easy path 2 days ago.
    My team was:
    5r5 Colossus sig 105
    5r5 Longshot
    5r5 Void sig 200
    3r1 Prof X for synergy (it was a bad idea to bring him, but I dont have Apo..)
    6r1 Gwenpool (for IW)

Colossus did really well, there were fights I did only in 2 revives. His damage is really good. But for the Collector, he is not good.. I spent 3,5k units only on him, I think. The fights on the path are "easy", the cosmic fights were fun with Longshot, except Hyperion and The Champion. The IW fight went horrible without Nick or HT, probably took most of the revives after the Collector.
    Colossus is great, but not against tech champs. You will take a lot of block dmg. Otherwise his dmg is still good, you will just die sooner.
    I spent overall about 6,5k units I think, which is not so bad, but could have been much less with Corvus or Aegon.

Also not sure about the OR synergy, because will rarely use the sp2. Dont take Prof X, not worth it.
  • Realm_Of_RahRealm_Of_Rah Posts: 430 ★★★
    Stryfe
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★

I just finished the easy path 2 days ago.
    My team was:
    5r5 Colossus sig 105
    5r5 Longshot
    5r5 Void sig 200
    3r1 Prof X for synergy (it was a bad idea to bring him, but I dont have Apo..)
    6r1 Gwenpool (for IW)

Colossus did really well, there were fights I did only in 2 revives. His damage is really good. But for the Collector, he is not good.. I spent 3,5k units only on him, I think. The fights on the path are "easy", the cosmic fights were fun with Longshot, except Hyperion and The Champion. The IW fight went horrible without Nick or HT, probably took most of the revives after the Collector.
    Colossus is great, but not against tech champs. You will take a lot of block dmg. Otherwise his dmg is still good, you will just die sooner.
    I spent overall about 6,5k units I think, which is not so bad, but could have been much less with Corvus or Aegon.

Also not sure about the OR synergy, because will rarely use the sp2. Dont take Prof X, not worth it.

Thanks for the response, good to know colossus doesn’t necessarily require the OR synergy. Wouldn’t have as many issues with collector atleast as atm my team plan would be:
    - Corvus 6r2, sig20
    - Torch or void, both 6r2, void sig20
    - Fury 5r5 awakened
    - A mystic - I’ve got most of the main ones so would be a case of picking the one that I think I’d do best with.
    - Path clearer.