**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

How long did it take you to learn Ghost ?

Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
I pulled her from my 1st ever featured 6* day before yesterday , even though i have been using her but still not able to get that phasing right for difficult evading specials.

Are you still learning or a pro with her ? And did you ever used her agst Sinister or on biohazard easily ? Any tips are welcome ..

Comments

• Xva23Xva23 Posts: 500 ★★★
    edited January 2021
    Took me 1 week to get the hang of her. It went fast for me as I used her to explore act 5, which made me use her on all types of nodes. Though I'm not Pandamanpete level, I'd say I'm above average with ghost. Biohazard is easy with her, I don't bother using her for sinister. While learning ghost, don't use wasp, as you may become too dependent on her. Learn to special intercept with her after phasing. KT1 has a good video on that. As for the phase timing, it will come naturally after enough practice. Before using sp2, use your right thumb to phase back and immediately launch sp2, for the big yellow numbers.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    About a week to get down all the basics.
  • TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    You can pick up the basics in like 5-10 minutes and then, just like with any champ, you get better at playing her the more you play with her. I'd recommend playing her without any synergies (except maybe Hood if you run suicides and want to learn the recoil phase timing).

She's ridiculously good for biohazard since she converts the debuffs into a passive fury. Depending on how strong the bleed from biohazard is, I will either just continue with a full 4 combo phase or, if facing stronger bleeds, I will just perform a 1 hit combo phase.

That 1 hit combo phase cycle is also what you want to do against evade champs, as her crit hits can not be evaded.

I've never used her against Sinister simply because I have better Sinister counters on my team.
  • JragonMaster170JragonMaster170 Posts: 2,043 ★★★★★
    edited January 2021
    One week with my 4* Ghost
  • Silver_GooseSilver_Goose Posts: 488 ★★★
    With wasp, it took a couple days. Without, MULTIPLE weeks to get a consistent full crit special 2.
  • FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★

With wasp, it took a couple days. Without, MULTIPLE weeks to get a consistent full crit special 2.

Same. I’m still learning. Hardest part for me is dashing back and letting opponent try and strike and miss me so I can gain power. Felt unnatural at first
  • -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    With Wasp, no time at all. Took me a while whithout. But I like Wasp so much that I normally bring her anyway.
  • GuktugGuktug Posts: 67
    5 days of Realm of Legends, 4.3.6 Venom, and Event Quests. That's how long it took me to be comfortable with the phase-punish mechanic.

Then another month or so to time her SP2 without relying on the unblockable synergy with Wasp.
  • anaLysis_anaLysis_ Posts: 259 ★★★
    The basics took me a couple hours, but it took me a few days to get good with timing and specials
  • PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    About 10-15 minutes.
  • Destroy4589Destroy4589 Posts: 261 ★★★
    I got the basics down in an hour or so. With wasp, it's super easy and you don't have to think much about how you throw your specials. Without wasp took me a few more hours. The most important thing is to practice her against different nodes which takes the longest
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Took me months to get her playstyle down without Wasp. On biohazard, throw SP 3 when you get cornered. I've used her for 6.2.2 sinister; wasn't fun.
  • Grootman1294Grootman1294 Posts: 863 ★★★★
    Took me about a week or two. Luckily I was doing act 7 at the time so I got lots of practice.
  • DannyB01DannyB01 Posts: 471 ★★★
    Had at R5 (and R3) for about a year. Took about a week to learn the basics and I'm still mastering her, only just recently got the confidence for using her in AW, and even then Wasp is still worth a spot for me as a safety net. Don't yet trust myself for no-Wasp Ghost in AW, 9/10 reliability isn't enough.
  • ThatOneMasterGamerThatOneMasterGamer Posts: 810 ★★★
    Less then a day. Meanwhile it took more than a month to learn Quake.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,036 ★★★★★
    i'm still learning but at least i FINALLY figured out how to properly use her .. i was always envious of the "Ghost" stories because they never worked for me because i sucked with her but now ... i'd say i'm above decent with her now and can take on a full path and not die. but i'm still learning.

she's a beast!

• Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    idk, it wasn't too bad. I learned without wasp, which I would recommend, so you can use her with and without
  • kfd2010kfd2010 Posts: 423 ★★
    I remember watching I believe Jason Voorhees video on it to really get the hang of her. I got her a while ago so I don't remember. But it wasn't right away because she was one of the first champs I had who really was a different style.

Took much less time than it did for me to get a mastery of Quake though.

I also don't know how I'd change my game if I had her unduped after playing her duped for so long. I guess I wouldn't stand and take 2-3 hits per phase because it wouldn't earn me any energy. She still rules though
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    I got hang of her pretty quickly with wasp synergy. Then I started playing her in act 6 and got more and more confident with her.
  • Rap027Rap027 Posts: 88
    I have her at5* r3 duped and I have the materials to take her up and could really use her (I only have 4 r5 and 1 r2), but I play very slow and methodical (parry, heavy, bait specials slow and steady type), and I just can't get over the fact that dashing back makes you phase. I know how dumb that sounds, but I dash back ALL the time to bait the ai and play conservative, and end up phasing when I don't want to, and not having a phase when I need it. Anyone have any solution to this dumb issue of mine or had the same problem? I get her mechanic and realize how amazing she is, I just wish somehow I could separate dashing back and phasing