**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

I've said if before, I'll say it again...

Comments

• WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    What I couldn't care less about is whatever it is you wanted to slap on the table
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,938 ★★★★★

I always wonder how players that ask for these think it's going to benefit them. Very few of the people I ever see bringing it up have the roster to actually compete for a top spot.

Let's compare
    I didn't even say I did but I'm a lot closer than most
    Oh i assumed you wanted to whip it out and throw it on the table.
    I can if you really like but I really couldn't care less either way. I'm at 131 6*s, 14 R3s, 18 R2s. 168 5*s, 36 R5s, 43 R4s, 63 R3s, and 26 R2s though.
    If you couldn't care less, than why post some cocky snuff about the post orginators not even being able to compete? You're cute.
    The original comment didn't come off as cocky. It was accurate. I don't see you jumping to show a better roster than Worknprogress to prove them wrong.
  • GoDlyZorGoDlyZor Posts: 150

I always wonder how players that ask for these think it's going to benefit them. Very few of the people I ever see bringing it up have the roster to actually compete for a top spot.

While I'm more in favor of a 5* basic than a 6* featured, in theory, would the scores for 5* featured not go down a bit if people that push the 5* featured to ridiculous scores 40-50+ mil would be focusing their energy, time, and money on the 6* featured whether they get the champ or not. Just a thought :shrug:

Crcrcrc said:

Let's compare
    I can if you really like but I really couldn't care less either way. I'm at 131 6*s, 14 R3s, 18 R2s. 168 5*s, 36 R5s, 43 R4s, 63 R3s, and 26 R2s though.
    If you couldn't care less, than why post some cocky snuff about the post orginators not even being able to compete? You're cute.
    The original comment didn't come off as cocky. It was accurate. I don't see you jumping to show a better roster than Worknprogress to prove them wrong.
    Perception is reality, yet pretty sure i just proved him wrong as I could easily compete in a featured 6* arena. Good call though.
    Did you though? Plenty of people have way bigger rosters than I do. I have an additional 30% of your 6*s practically. Depending on the payout number, I'm not even keeping up with the bigger guys of they don't want me to without spending a massive amount on refreshes let alone you keep up with them.

I think you underestimate how many some of the truly massive rosters there are floating around. It's just a matter of how many of them would bother with the arena.
    edited January 2021

Let's compare
    Bc it's something I'm always curious about, hence me saying I'm always curious when it gets brought up.
    Well you have me beat, but i'm not too far behind: (102 6*; 14 r3, 12 r2), (156 5*, 27 r5, 33 r4). Sounds like we could easily both compete in a featured 6* arena.
    Let's make an educated guess based on gifting scores. COWhale's alliance has 30 members that in total drop $200,000 on a 2 week event. If they aren't #1 in war all the time, then there are people who can compete with them. Probably about 10 alliances or more. If the other members had nearly the same roster and spent money in the same amounts in COWhale, they would have easily have at least 150 6* with at least 15 r3s and 50 or so r2s. If there are alliances that compete with them in war, gifting, and other things, then their rosters are probably close to that size. I'm guessing the top 5 or more alliances in total power also have rosters that size. Easily over 300 people that have a much bigger roster than you. This isn't 100% factual though, but most likely.
    GoDlyZor said:

While I'm more in favor of a 5* basic than a 6* featured, in theory, would the scores for 5* featured not go down a bit if people that push the 5* featured to ridiculous scores 40-50+ mil would be focusing their energy, time, and money on the 6* featured whether they get the champ or not. Just a thought :shrug:
    Oh it would have a large effect on the 5* featured were a 6* featured added. That's the only relevant change I could see for a larger portion of the playerbase. If that would be the goal, it would make sense

Crcrcrc said:

Let's compare
    Bc it's something I'm always curious about, hence me saying I'm always curious when it gets brought up.
    Well you have me beat, but i'm not too far behind: (102 6*; 14 r3, 12 r2), (156 5*, 27 r5, 33 r4). Sounds like we could easily both compete in a featured 6* arena.
    Let's make an educated guess based on gifting scores. COWhale's alliance has 30 members that in total drop $200,000 on a 2 week event. If they aren't #1 in war all the time, then there are people who can compete. Probably about 10 alliances. If the other members had nearly the same roster and spent money in the same amounts in COWhale, they would have easily 150 6* with at least 15 r3s and 50 or so r2s. If there are alliances that compete with them in war, gifting, and other things, then their rosters are probably close to that size. I'm guessing the top 5 alliances in total poweer also have rosters that size. Easily over 300 people that have a much bigger roster than you. This isn't 100% factual though, but most likely.
    You have absolute no clue how the top half of this game operates do you? Take a guess at how many top 20 AQ alliance members actually have the time or drive to partake in a 6* featured arena. It's few and far between. Then you can start to speculate all your math based off gifting score events which holds no weight again whatsoever to an arena grind. Those whales arent grinding arena unless they pay someone to do it for them, they're ioening FCC's... sooo yea..... also, you know COWhale isnt a thing right? lol
    What do you mean, a thing? It is an account. Do you think the top parts of the game would spend anywhere close to what they already spend if they could get all new champs in all rarities for free?

Crcrcrc said:

Let's compare
    Perception is reality, yet pretty sure i just proved him wrong as I could easily compete in a featured 6* arena. Good call though.
    Did you though? Plenty of people have way bigger rosters than I do. I have an additional 30% of your 6*s practically. Depending on the payout number, I'm not even keeping up with the bigger guys of they don't want me to without spending a massive amount on refreshes let alone you keep up with them.

I think you underestimate how many some of the truly massive rosters there are floating around. It's just a matter of how many of them would bother with the arena.
    the whole premise of your theory is hypothetical on multiple levels. Again, just looking for there to be the opportunity. Thanks again for your insight, you're always such a peach.
    Of course it is. As someone who feels fairly confident in assuming I've spent more time at higher rankings in this game than yourself, I feel somewhat confident in guessing what people in the truly upper roster echelons would actually do. Who really knows though? Personally, I think the only thing that would happen for most people is 5* featured score cutoff are lower.
  • Rbk19Rbk19 Posts: 195 ★★

Whales already open tons of cavs for 6 star shards so I dont see the problem with an arena

Yes but still whales are going for the 5 star featured arena even they don't need most 5 star champions. Think about releasing 6 star featured arena like cosmic ghost rider apocalypse professor x

Crcrcrc said:

Let's compare

the whole premise of your theory is hypothetical on multiple levels. Again, just looking for there to be the opportunity. Thanks again for your insight, you're always such a peach.
    Of course it is. As someone who feels fairly confident in assuming I've spent more time at higher rankings in this game than yourself, I feel somewhat confident in guessing what people in the truly upper roster echelons would actually do. Who really knows though? Personally, I think the only thing that would happen for most people is 5* featured score cutoff are lower.
    LOL. you're a conceited keyboard antagonizer, thats about it. and your assumation is literally just that. I was battling for 1st & 2nd place of AQ for over a year when it first dropped as a game mode. So measure that time frame and get back to me on how long we've spent at the upper tier. You just out rank me on forum posts and asshattery. Congrats!
    You are not very good at having simple, calm conversations. That was completely unprovoked and unnecessary.

Crcrcrc said:

Crcrcrc said:

Let's compare

LOL. you're a conceited keyboard antagonizer, thats about it. and your assumation is literally just that. I was battling for 1st & 2nd place of AQ for over a year when it first dropped as a game mode. So measure that time frame and get back to me on how long we've spent at the upper tier. You just out rank me on forum posts and asshattery. Congrats!
    You are not very good at having simple, calm conversations. That was completely unprovoked and unnecessary.
    What are you on retainer for Wrk? The dude has a reputation of being a conceited antagonizer. This isn't anything new. Reread his passive aggressive swipes and then get back at me after you've reviewed with your client...
    1. I just hate when people act like jerks for no reason, it has no direct connection to who they are being rude to.
    2. Nothing was passive aggressive. He proved your point wrong and you started calling him an antagonizer. He's allowed to say he's higher in the game than you without it being passive aggressive, because it is a fact. He has a bigger roster than you.
  • PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    We won’t get a 6* arena until 7*s are introduced. Not going to happen.

5* basic might happen this year, you never know.
  • NewlinstheoryNewlinstheory Posts: 1,012 ★★★★
    I mean I feel its too soon to see a 6* featured arena, so Id probably take a pass on this.

Im still waiting for t2a/t5b(full or fragment) arenas, an update to the t4cc arena, and a 5* basic arena. Just feels like an eh kind of thought for me, I mean it wouldn’t affect me, since I only do arena for units and shards.

They have made 6* hard to get for a reason and I feel they wanna stick with that routine until much later probably.🤷🏽🤷🏽🤷🏽
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

The benefit is actually painfully obvious: The rank rewards.
    Let's, for a moment, pretend that Kabam is willing to make a change to the game's shard economy. I think a reasonable, conservative guess at how the new rank rewards would look would be along these lines:
    61-100%: 100 6 star shards, 1000 5 star shards
    31-60%: 300 6 star shards, 2000 5 star shards
    11-30%: 800 6 star shards, 4000 5 star shards
    6-10%: 1000 6 star shards, 6000 5 star shards
    1-5%: 1,500 6 star shards, 8000 5 star shards
    2-300: Featured champ, 10,000 5 star shards
    1: Featured champ, 15,000 5 star shards.
    Now, let's assume that the milestones go like this:
    1: 1,000,000 Points
    2: 2,500,000 Points--Minimum Needed for Rank Rewards
    3: 4,000,000 Points
    4: 5,000,000 Points
    5: 8,000,000 Points
    6: 11,000,000 Points
    7: 14,000,000 Points
    8: 17,000,000 Points
    9: 20,000,000 Points
    10: 23,000,000 Points--Max milestone.
    If it goes like this--or even if the minimum needed for rank rewards goes from Milestone 2 to 4--then you'd only need to do 2.5 Million points to get 100 6 star shards and 1K 5 star shards. That's more six star shards than you'd get from putting up the same score in the featured five star arena for the same effort. That's the appeal for the majority players. I want a featured six star arena not because I think that I have a chance at getting it (I don't have the time necessary to even grind out all the milestones for the featured five star nowadays), but because I can get a much greater return for my efforts in it versus the featured five star. So, even though the vast majority of players will never get the featured six star, they will all benefit from having the arena because of the rank rewards.
  • With all due respect to Brian, it doesn't matter if he's ready or not. He's asking the wrong question: how long should he have to wait. Time is not the issue. Right now, 6* champs are a pursuit goal. People spend a ton of money to chase after them when they first come out. Then eventually people shoot for them in the featured crystals. And then eventually people get them from regular crystals. There's a ladder of pursuit.

If Brian wants a 6* arena, all he has to do is find something to replace 6* champs as the top end pursuit goal. That's all. But ironically, Brian also doesn't want too many things in the game that require spending. Anything you add to the game to replace 6* targeting is going to be expensive.

Brian doesn't want more 6* champs, he wants them sooner than later. And impatience is the one thing the game taxes very consistently. You can be a top tier player and F2P, Brian is proof of that. But you cannot be an impatient player and F2P.
  • I always wonder how players that ask for these think it's going to benefit them. Very few of the people I ever see bringing it up have the roster to actually compete for a top spot.

The benefit is actually painfully obvious: The rank rewards.
    Let's, for a moment, pretend that Kabam is willing to make a change to the game's shard economy. I think a reasonable, conservative guess at how the new rank rewards would look would be along these lines:
    61-100%: 100 6 star shards, 1000 5 star shards
    31-60%: 300 6 star shards, 2000 5 star shards
    11-30%: 800 6 star shards, 4000 5 star shards
    6-10%: 1000 6 star shards, 6000 5 star shards
    1-5%: 1,500 6 star shards, 8000 5 star shards
    2-300: Featured champ, 10,000 5 star shards
    1: Featured champ, 15,000 5 star shards.
    Now, let's assume that the milestones go like this:
    1: 1,000,000 Points
    2: 2,500,000 Points--Minimum Needed for Rank Rewards
    3: 4,000,000 Points
    4: 5,000,000 Points
    5: 8,000,000 Points
    6: 11,000,000 Points
    7: 14,000,000 Points
    8: 17,000,000 Points
    9: 20,000,000 Points
    10: 23,000,000 Points--Max milestone.
    If it goes like this--or even if the minimum needed for rank rewards goes from Milestone 2 to 4--then you'd only need to do 2.5 Million points to get 100 6 star shards and 1K 5 star shards. That's more six star shards than you'd get from putting up the same score in the featured five star arena for the same effort. That's the appeal for the majority players. I want a featured six star arena not because I think that I have a chance at getting it (I don't have the time necessary to even grind out all the milestones for the featured five star nowadays), but because I can get a much greater return for my efforts in it versus the featured five star. So, even though the vast majority of players will never get the featured six star, they will all benefit from having the arena because of the rank rewards.
    Anyone who wants to lobby the devs to hand me 12000 6* shards and 64000 5* shards every month, have at it. Actually, as I would max out the milestones also, I can only imagine what the total haul would be from this arena.

If those are the conservative numbers, I hope I live long enough to see the aggressive numbers.