**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Introducing your first Experience with 6-Star Champions: The Boss Rush Challenge! [UPDATED Oct 17]

Comments

• Will there be a title to go with this challenge?
  • Ojalá hagan más sencillo el obtener más catas de clase, y sobre todo suelten más oro e ISO en cristales
  • CapWW2 wrote: »
    Skimbobbor wrote: »
    Can we please make a challenge that people who arent extremely strong can beat and get rewards? i get you want to challenge top players but this is just demoralising for anyone without a team of really good 4 stars at like max level.

Stop complaining mate. The quest is what it is. Some players are weaker than others, guess what? Welcome to real life. I can do that challenge with 3 stars.

Bwahahaha, and how many Odin's Vaults?
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,500 ★★★★★
    Dear Kabam,

Initially I was not all that in to this quest, and would just run through it in passing. However, seeing the amount of people who complain that they won't be able to complete the quest and how it "just isn't fair" - please continue putting out similar content purely for forum entertainment value.

Thanks. And feel free to Flag this post - I get a kick out of it.
  • DNA3000 wrote: »
    This isn't true Miike. A 5* rank one is 80 challenger rating and a 4* rank 4 is 90. Not the same bro.

When I tried to edit my post it went into moderator limbo and I thought it was important enough to amplify. You are correct and @Kabam Miike is incorrect: 5* rank 1 is identical to 4* rank 3, just like 4* rank 1 is equal to 3* rank 3. The logical progression should be for 6* rank 1 to be equal to 5* rank 3, or CR 100.

Miike, we need an answer on this please
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    edited October 2017
    I really hope Miike is wrong about this, because if he is correct, a R1 6* with just iso used to level up will be as strong as the strongest champions currently in the game without using any T4 cats, class or basic, or any T2A.
    That's concerning, what will it take to bring a 6* to R2 where they will be as strong as a R5 5* ? And pushing champs that scale like this, then for sure 4*s will become obsolete, as a rank 1 level 1 6* will be as strong as a 5/50 4*.
    When you first introduced 5* champs, you told us a 3/45 5* would be slightly stronger than a 5/50 4*. Can you make the same comparison with the 6*s ? I'm really curious if the actual strength of the champs goes along with the CR, or if the CR is just jacked up for 6*s to make them feel much stronger than what their stats say.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    This isn't true Miike. A 5* rank one is 80 challenger rating and a 4* rank 4 is 90. Not the same bro.

When I tried to edit my post it went into moderator limbo and I thought it was important enough to amplify. You are correct and @Kabam Miike is incorrect: 5* rank 1 is identical to 4* rank 3, just like 4* rank 1 is equal to 3* rank 3. The logical progression should be for 6* rank 1 to be equal to 5* rank 3, or CR 100.

Yep. Looks like I read my chart wrong. Thank you for pointing that out! The Challenge Rating for 6-Stars is still correct though.

This is just terrible.
    Wow. That's the response. So 5* will be obsolete very soon. What a bunch of ****.

I'm hoping it's just the CR that is jacked up, but the rest still scales, so a 4* 4/40~5* 2/35~6* 1/25

If the base stats scale any higher than that then anything t4's are needed on are obsolete
  • TheMaskTheMask Posts: 104

Yep. Looks like I read my chart wrong. Thank you for pointing that out! The Challenge Rating for 6-Stars is still correct though.

@Kabam Miike , please reconsider this, challenger rating of 6 star rank 1 equal to 5 star rank 4 is just soo wrong

Listen to the community kabam.....
  • TheMaskTheMask Posts: 104
    U should be offering us 5* for doing such a disaster in challenger rating and you offer us a 4* who will get torn down to shreds like 2*
  • GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★

Whoa - so then 6* are NOT following the current progression on CR.

Why would a 5* rank 1 be equal to a 4* rank 3 but a 6* rank 1 is equal to a 5* rank 4?
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    A big fat LOL is all I have left. Just LOL.
  • IksdjvanIksdjvan Posts: 239 ★★
    I won't be touching this quest. It is obviously not about testing the difficulty or functionality of 6* champions. If it was you guys would not be using champions that have been out for less than one month and the majority of the the community have little to no experience using in game. The whole point of community testing (which is the basic idea behind this) is to be able to compare the old versus the new. If it really was about testing we would be facing champions that have been out for at least 3 months and that the community is familiar with. As far as the difficulty, I agree it's stupidly out of bounds to put Memphisto in here. He is insanely difficult to beat without a Memphis to or an iceman due to his healing mechanic (which does not work properly in the first place) and his aura of incineration. His inclusion signals to me and many others that this is just another trick to get us to buy revives. The rewards are not worth the investment required for the lower or middie tier players to make the investment and almost pointless for the top tier players to run through because their focus now is on growing their 6* shard cache, which none of these rewards helps reach that goal. To keep this post constructive I'll make a couple of suggestions...

1. PUT 10 CHAMPIONS IN THE LINE INSTEAD OF 6.
    Make it a little more challenging because my later suggestions will require a little bit more difficulty to keep it fair for kabam as much as us summoner. BE WARNED THOUGH, IF YOU PUT A 6* HYPERION IN THE CHALLENGE WITHOUT DEACTIVATING HIS SP3 IT WILL KILL THE MAJORITY OF PEOPLES DESIRE TO RUN THROUGH THE CHALLENGE. A 6* hyperion though with that limitation I think personally would make for a fun and good challenge.

2. CHANGE THE REWARDS
    Add a 4* awakening gem, a t4cc, and bump those 5* shards to 5,000 shards. This will be a definite enticement to all tiers of players. Lower and mid tier players will want to fight for the awakening gem and shards and the higher tiers would advance further towards 6* shards with half of a 5 star and obviously will want to start saving t4cc for their first 6* champion when they achieve it.

3. ACTIVATE THE SOUL BOOSTS FOR THE CHALLENGE.
    This will make the fights a little more palatable for the summoner and will give the community a place to use those unused souls that they earned in the monthly event quest. As a side benefit for kabam, it would also entice those players who have used all or most of their souls already to possibly run through the beginner or normal level event quests to harvest souls which means more energy refills purchased. I don't know if their was a reward planned for summoners who didn't sell their soul at months end but this would also be a enticement for those who haven't sold their souls to do so to complete this challenge as well which would lessen any rewards at months end that would have to be paid out.

Those 3 changes would make for a legendary challenge that I think would create an incredible amount of buzz.
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    @Iksdjvan a Hyp without sp3 is no challenge at all. It would just be evading specials and then attacking before he recovers.
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,500 ★★★★★
    Iksdjvan wrote: »
    I won't be touching this quest.

Could have been a full stop there.

• LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

Um...so you are confirming that 6*s are out of line with the challenger rating progression of rest of the game and that's it? No justification? That makes no sense. It sounds like there is a mistake somewhere. Some follow up would be helpful.
  • IksdjvanIksdjvan Posts: 239 ★★
    @Iksdjvan a Hyp without sp3 is no challenge at all. It would just be evading specials and then attacking before he recovers.

It would be a challenge to the lower and mid tier players and that's my point, the challenge as it sits does nothing to entice anyone. You put him in there with his special 3 active and you loose the lower and most of the mid tier players who would try it. Anyways he doesn't have to be in it but those 3 changes would make for a badass 6* challenge in my opinion.
  • Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★

Can you please explain the reasoning behind this? Are you intentionally trying to only make 6* viable upon release? Why is it not following the logical CR progression?
  • Etaki_LirakoiEtaki_Lirakoi Posts: 480 ★★
    edited October 2017

Um...so you are confirming that 6*s are out of line with the challenger rating progression of rest of the game and that's it? No justification? That makes no sense. It sounds like there is a mistake somewhere. Some follow up would be helpful.

Well, if I had to venture a guess, I'd say it's so that the progression is not as extreme. Presumably they will have Base Stats that are higher than 5*s. Which is fair considering one of the biggest concerns was using existing Champs and how they might become obsolete.
    What? That’s exactly what they’re doing, the challenger rating is higher than it should be, more than if it followed a steady progression.