**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Why I think Sorcerer Supreme is a top 3 mystic.

TP33TP33 Posts: 1,577 ★★★★
Top 3 mystic you might think

Doom
BWCV
Longshot

For me Sorcerer Supreme is probably better than BWCV.

Let’s start with the armour break rune. In a buff heavy matchup, or just any matchup where you throw lots of L2s, she can get 3/4 armour breaks on the opponent. These armour breaks are very potent, nearly as much as Medusa’s armour shatter. They are also very useful for fights like Emma Frost or other champions who you want to armour break.

The regen rune is up next. The armour up itself is great and even in act 6.2 if you get hit you can tank a few hits before dropping, it can save you. Oh, and 30% perfect block chance. May not sound like much but by god it saves you. 75% regen on all block damage doesn’t sound like much but if you take 200 damage on a parry, regenerate 150 of it, with one regen on my R4 you start regenerating 25 ish a tick, you pretty much take no damage.

Finally the slow rune. Two great utilities, 1. The slow, great for node 23, great for unstoppables, works for the abyss, amazing bit of utility there. 2. Power steal on hits scaling with opponents current power. This means that whilst in this phase, the opponent cannot get to an L3 with combat power rate only. The L1 also nullifies on the first hit so if they were to trigger a power gain buff it gets yeeted. Saved my life many times over.

Gaining specials and power passively is such an overlooked utility, the fact that you also gain it from hits as well so there’s some control is incredible. Honestly other than Hyperion she’s one of the top special spammers in the game.

Even more she has a unique nullify ability. Nullifies on L1, nullification aura, and on the first hit of the L2. Easily controllable, very consistent.

Finally the awakened ability. Extra ability accuracy is such a godsend. You can get well over 20% more ability accuracy easily with about 40/50 sigs.

Fights she is better than any other champion for:

Emma Frost? Wait until L1, throw in armour break phase, fight locked down.

Red skull? Armour break and consistent nullify, also power control so he doesn’t go to the annoying L2.

Domino? When awakened all abilities have a 100% chance on base, with 15% more coming at like sig 20 odd. Crit faliure just doesn’t trigger. I had to take on 3 Dominos in a row in AW, SS finished them all for breakfast.

No design flaws, amazing utility, sustainability like no other champion (apart from maybe Wolverine). Better than so many champions and criminally underrated.

Comments

• QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★
    Yeah but mojo is the most fun...
  • Hilbert_unbeatable2Hilbert_unbeatable2 Posts: 804 ★★★
    TP33 said:

Top 3 mystic you might think

Doom
    BWCV
    Longshot

For me Sorcerer Supreme is probably better than BWCV.

Let’s start with the armour break rune. In a buff heavy matchup, or just any matchup where you throw lots of L2s, she can get 3/4 armour breaks on the opponent. These armour breaks are very potent, nearly as much as Medusa’s armour shatter. They are also very useful for fights like Emma Frost or other champions who you want to armour break.

The regen rune is up next. The armour up itself is great and even in act 6.2 if you get hit you can tank a few hits before dropping, it can save you. Oh, and 30% perfect block chance. May not sound like much but by god it saves you. 75% regen on all block damage doesn’t sound like much but if you take 200 damage on a parry, regenerate 150 of it, with one regen on my R4 you start regenerating 25 ish a tick, you pretty much take no damage.

Finally the slow rune. Two great utilities, 1. The slow, great for node 23, great for unstoppables, works for the abyss, amazing bit of utility there. 2. Power steal on hits scaling with opponents current power. This means that whilst in this phase, the opponent cannot get to an L3 with combat power rate only. The L1 also nullifies on the first hit so if they were to trigger a power gain buff it gets yeeted. Saved my life many times over.

Gaining specials and power passively is such an overlooked utility, the fact that you also gain it from hits as well so there’s some control is incredible. Honestly other than Hyperion she’s one of the top special spammers in the game.

Even more she has a unique nullify ability. Nullifies on L1, nullification aura, and on the first hit of the L2. Easily controllable, very consistent.

Finally the awakened ability. Extra ability accuracy is such a godsend. You can get well over 20% more ability accuracy easily with about 40/50 sigs.

Fights she is better than any other champion for:

Emma Frost? Wait until L1, throw in armour break phase, fight locked down.

Red skull? Armour break and consistent nullify, also power control so he doesn’t go to the annoying L2.

Domino? When awakened all abilities have a 100% chance on base, with 15% more coming at like sig 20 odd. Crit faliure just doesn’t trigger. I had to take on 3 Dominos in a row in AW, SS finished them all for breakfast.

No design flaws, amazing utility, sustainability like no other champion (apart from maybe Wolverine). Better than so many champions and criminally underrated.

Don't think people imagine Longshot as 3rd best mystic. Atleast not me.
    For me sorcerer supreme is definitely 3rd best Mystic
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★

Longshot is like the Domino of the mystics.

I think both Symbiote and Sorceress Supreme share the 3rd spot.

I still don't understand why people would place sym supreme as highly as sorcerer. It makes no sense to me whatsoever.

To me, sym doesn't even break the top 8 mystics.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

I still don't understand why people would place sym supreme as highly as sorcerer. It makes no sense to me whatsoever.

Few can control a buff-heavy matchup the way he can.
    Kill_Grey said:

After further thought, I would put him as top 10-15 at best.

Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

Because of his complete dominance in buff heavy matchups. If you've used him in those matches best suited for him, there's no denying his usefulness.

Also, who would you place above him?
    That is basically the only thing he does.

I'd put Doom, Claire, sorcerer, tigra, Morningstar, Mojo, dragon man, Longshot, above him. Even mephisto and dormammu have much more utility than him.
    He is niche but he works fantastically in those matchups.
    When those "matchups" is exclusive to 1% of scenarios, you know there's a problem.
    Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

Because of his complete dominance in buff heavy matchups. If you've used him in those matches best suited for him, there's no denying his usefulness.

I'd put Doom, Claire, sorcerer, tigra, Morningstar, Mojo, dragon man, Longshot, above him. Even mephisto and dormammu have much more utility than him.
    I forgot to add doctor Voodoo and Magik.
    Qacob said:

Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

He is niche but he works fantastically in those matchups.
    When those "matchups" is exclusive to 1% of scenarios, you know there's a problem.
    But when some of those match ups happen to be against very difficult bosses, it changes things.
    I'm yet to see anywhere in the game where I'm like "man, I wish I had my 5* sym supreme ranked up for this particular fight or path". And I've seen pretty much everywhere in the game.