**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

I sell 4* champs.

StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★
I know this will be blasphemy to some of you. But selling 4* champs if they aren't duped isn't the end of the world. I honestly believe its a decent idea, But only if you take them to r3 first and you can afford to waste the other resources that it cost to rank them.
You net more 5* shards by selling champs at r3 than you would by pulling the same champ 6 times.
There are several champs out there that I take to r3 for level up events and immediately sell for the shards. Mags mn, she-hulk, SG, OML, Joe Fix it, Ms M (KK) and the list goes on.

The name of the game now is to maximize 5* shards. And this is how I do it.

Example
She hulk r3 sold for 425 shards x 6 = 2550 5* shards

She hulk pulled and duped 6 times= 275 x 5 =1375 5* shards
then at max sig you (potentially not guaranteed) would get 275 more shards per pull with the max sig crystal = 550 shards
So you would have to pull She hulk 8 times to equal the same amount of shards and selling her 6 times.
If you sold her 8 times you would still be at 3400 shards, so you still would be ahead a thousand shards.

Basically selling 4*champs are only worth it if they are at r3.
I however don't think selling them at r4 is worth it with the current shortage of t4b and t1a.

I am now bracing for the sure to ensue roasting.

Comments

• StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★
    @Qwerty I am almost 500k now and was well pass 300K at the 12.0 update
  • NormanBJJNormanBJJ Posts: 301 ★★
    Stewman wrote: »
    @Thawnim Last I checked a 4* to rank 3 does NOT cost any alphas at all.
    but I agree this method isn't a good idea for a newer player.

it does take alphas to take a 4 star to rank 3
  • WaynedavyWaynedavy Posts: 193
    Well if you are that high rated I'm pretty sure you are fine on arena then lol
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★
    edited October 2017
    I sell unduped 4* (r3 or less) that are coming in the basic area all the time. It makes sense. If I awaken them in the basic arena to lvl1, I still need to dupe them 5X before I start getting max sig crystals. Sold my Groot this week in fact, who was R3 unduped.
    My bad you sure are right. It does take one alpha.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    edited October 2017

That is incorrect. You need 1 T1A to go from R2 to R3.

rankAndLevel-665x1024.jpg
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★

A single alpha per champ to get to r3. I agree with you, by the way. Sounds like no detriment to your play style so a good choice.
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    edited October 2017

mld8ovowag9h.png

How much gold do you actually get back when selling though?
    Hey guys I already admitted that I was wrong on the alpha. I have never been 100% alpha broke, so I guess I just never thought about it.
    Considering every 4* I have is r3 already
  • Vis123456789Vis123456789 Posts: 69
    so I sell as well whatever rank they are if i dont need them at all. i sell 1-4 stars but the problem is i am left with 20 champions and 50k only.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I have no problem having a few 4*s that get sold regularly. I've sold Joe Fixit at 3/30 4 times. The 1st time was to fill out my first 5* crystal and it was back in the willpower days when he was truly terrible. I pulled a 5* SL and have been selling Fixit ever since.
  • whaler213whaler213 Posts: 151
    i never have enough cats to get my champs up to r3 etc i still have a few 4* sitting at r1 or r2 (ive stopped taking 4* to r3 because of the alphas) and i still havent done all my 2/3*'s either (im an over 400k account) i wouldnt sell my champs just because its not worth it to me to have to worry about releveling them and everything else involved
  • I sold before got bored with all my three star champs I never use and half my fours and did a clearance. Was fun at the time and got two five stars out of it but kind of regret doing it mostly because i got to rerank them all as they come back to at least 3/30. To either sell again or arena bench sitters and it gets pricey i dont think i will resell again
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    I've debated selling a few champs simply because they literally have zero fighting value. I won't rank up a few of them (like fixit and Spidergwen) because they are garbage champs. Some champs are even horrible in arenas because their debuffs trigger crazy willpower regen on the AI (like Luke Cage and OG Capt America).

The only reason to keep them is the fact that they generate so much class ISO when duped. I'll even use my extra Science ISO from duping Fixit to level up my Mystic champs.
  • Vossler77Vossler77 Posts: 683 ★★
    I do the same. Don't even keep 3* anymore. This idea that having a high hero rating makes you much better is total BS.
  • Tylaw07Tylaw07 Posts: 33
    T1a youbget all the time
  • vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    Zoddymam wrote: »
    I sold before got bored with all my three star champs I never use and half my fours and did a clearance. Was fun at the time and got two five stars out of it but kind of regret doing it mostly because i got to rerank them all as they come back to at least 3/30. To either sell again or arena bench sitters and it gets pricey i dont think i will resell again

Fixit is fun with max DW. Very underrated.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    The shards are totally not worth wasting an alpha.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Zoddymam wrote: »
    I sold before got bored with all my three star champs I never use and half my fours and did a clearance. Was fun at the time and got two five stars out of it but kind of regret doing it mostly because i got to rerank them all as they come back to at least 3/30. To either sell again or arena bench sitters and it gets pricey i dont think i will resell again

Fixit is fun with max DW. Very underrated.

Fixit may be fun now but I am committed to always selling him so I'll never know.
  • DHCVoLtDHCVoLt Posts: 266
    Did you do 2nd grade math? You get 425 5* shards for selling a 3/30. For one dupe you get 275 2 is 550. 6 isn’t more? What????
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,191 ★★★★★
    I've sold 3 times in my career. Once was Vision because I got impatient for a 4*. Then he was buffed, and I had to Grind to replace him. Second time was for my first 5*. Sold 5 Base Level 4*s. One was Mags. Rolled a 5* Mags. A week later we were given 2000 Shards for Appreciation. Lol. The final one was an R3 War Machine that I sold for my second 5*. He's since been replaced and Duped. I have one left to replace. I'll never sell again. I don't judge those that choose to. I just suggest people don't. It's up to them. Rewards are worth more long-term, but it's entirely their choice.