**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Why I think Sorcerer Supreme is a top 3 mystic.

Comments

• WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    IKON said:

I honestly don't know how you guys use sorcerer supreme and sym supreme. The way they gain power irritates me to no end.

Sorcerer is far easier to use than sym for me. She has reduced combat power gain but still has some unlike sym who's completely reliant on his passive and MD. Sorcerer's passive gain combined with her combat rate and MD actually gains her power fairly quickly in most matches you'd want to use a mystic in
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,332 ★★★★★

IKON said:

I honestly don't know how you guys use sorcerer supreme and sym supreme. The way they gain power irritates me to no end.

Sorcerer is far easier to use than sym for me. She has reduced combat power gain but still has some unlike sym who's completely reliant on his passive and MD. Sorcerer's passive gain combined with her combat rate and MD actually gains her power fairly quickly in most matches you'd want to use a mystic in
    Learn something new every day, I just assumed she had a 0 combat rate. Thanks for the info.
    IKON said:

IKON said:

Learn something new every day, I just assumed she had a 0 combat rate. Thanks for the info.

• EgretM4EgretM4 Posts: 171 ★★
    Who would be best for champion boss 6.2.6?
    Claire or sorcerer supreme?
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,722 ★★★★★
    Yes, I agree with you. I love how she has 2 modes:

Absolute god mode when player throws exactly the rune they need atm.

Or I dont care mode, when I have SP, I use it.

And the best thing is, that she works very well with both of those playstyles.

Sadly tho, I have almost magical ability to mess up while playing her. I swear, I practised playing her a lot and I mess up even the easiest fights :smiley:
  • jereesjerees Posts: 246
    ghost rider is better

Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

Longshot is like the Domino of the mystics.

I think both Symbiote and Sorceress Supreme share the 3rd spot.

I still don't understand why people would place sym supreme as highly as sorcerer. It makes no sense to me whatsoever.

To me, sym doesn't even break the top 8 mystics.
    Because of his complete dominance in buff heavy matchups. If you've used him in those matches best suited for him, there's no denying his usefulness.

Also, who would you place above him?
    That is basically the only thing he does.

I'd put Doom, Claire, sorcerer, tigra, Morningstar, Mojo, dragon man, Longshot, above him. Even mephisto and dormammu have much more utility than him.
    I thought I'd seen it all until this man compared bloody Mephisto and Dormammu to Symbiote Supreme. Please, spare yourself the embarassment. Saying Sym Supreme only works for 1% of matchups is just wrong. He was my first mystic r5 and I used him in many different places in Act 6, he is a beast against all cosmic champs AND a lot of nodes that give 1 or 2 buffs to the opponent AND non-Cosmic champs that gain 1 or 2 buffs (Sabretooth, Colossus, Magneto, etc.). Symbiote Supreme is the perfect example of a mystic champion in this game. Massive control over a fight with buffs, with massive utility and damage in those situations. You either don't have Sym or are not playing him properly. I don't blame you, he has a difficult playstyle to master, but when you master it, he's no doubt a top 5 mystic, if not top 3.
    Also, his access to dot damage makes him very valuable in stuff with damage caps, but also has armor breaks that are insane, and when cycled correctly holy cow this man at r2 hits 9k mediums. I don't know how people say he's bad when he has a **** ton of control and utility. If he wasn't required to have buffs on the opponent he'd be in comparison with doom imo. I rank him #4 for mystics because he is far too overpowered than what people give him credit for
    I don't know anyone that says he's bad. He's just very niche. I class Sym like I do Torch, absolutely amazing for ideal matchups but incredibly frustrating to use in any others.
  • QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★
    jerees said:

ghost rider is better

Any particular reason behind this? He's pretty outdated now.
  • NewlinstheoryNewlinstheory Posts: 1,012 ★★★★
    nah for me its,
    1.) Doom
    2.) Tigra
    3.) Sor Supreme
    I love them all equally :smiley:
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    jerees said:

ghost rider is better

Still not as good as Maw
  • TP33TP33 Posts: 1,577 ★★★★
    EgretM4 said:

Sorcerer every day of the week. I remember taking on a 34k duped 6* champion war boss a whilst ago with 4* BWCV, managed to do it but it took a LONG time (4/5 timeouts)

Just did it with SS and as long as you remember he goes unblockable on mediums (which is pretty hidden and sneaky) in his 60% phase, you’re all good to go
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    TP33 said:

EgretM4 said:

Sorcerer every day of the week. I remember taking on a 34k duped 6* champion war boss a whilst ago with 4* BWCV, managed to do it but it took a LONG time (4/5 timeouts)

Just did it with SS and as long as you remember he goes unblockable on mediums (which is pretty hidden and sneaky) in his 60% phase, you’re all good to go
    Yeah I've tested both as 5/65 on that fight, and it's pretty hectic with Claire, while stress-free with sorcerer.

I've tried to solo with Claire more than once both with and without suicides and failed. Got the solo with sorcerer on first try.
    Kill_Grey said:

TP33 said:

EgretM4 said:

Yeah I've tested both as 5/65 on that fight, and it's pretty hectic with Claire, while stress-free with sorcerer.

I've tried to solo with Claire more than once both with and without suicides and failed. Got the solo with sorcerer on first try.
    Did that fight with her for the first time recently just to see how easy it would be and I was shocked at just how easy she makes it. Took me a little bit to get the hang of the last 10% with her but it was by far the easiest solo of that fight I've ever had
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    1 - Symb supreme
    2 - BWCV
    3 - Doom
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    HI_guys said:

EgretM4 said:

Sorcerer is a lot safer. You can just special intercept for days if yoy have MD. After the first sp3 to apply slow, just spam sp1 to nullify his furies. Never gain unstoppable ever
    Kill_Grey said:

TP33 said:

EgretM4 said:

Dont remind me. It was a race till the very end with Claire. What was your strat with kali?
    It's a pretty long description, but I developed it at convention clash champion.

From her prefight menu, activate the armor one as default. Champion will start unstoppable. Parry and do 3 hits (due to the extended stun duration from the perfect block chance) then repeat until his unstoppable and furies expire and MD pushes you over a bar of power. At that point you'll be in the purple phase which you'll throw your SP 1 for the slow and nullify aura. Build till SP 3 then throw your heavy to enter the purple phase again. Immediately throw the SP 3 and immediately retaliate with a dash-in (the longer stun duration from the armor phase is what does the trick here). From there, alternate between SP 1 and 2, and pay no attention to your current phases.

This is pretty much the "perfect" strategy. Takes a bit of practice, and I'd love to make a video to show how it is when my device is less **** up.
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Qacob said:

jerees said:

ghost rider is better

Any particular reason behind this? He's pretty outdated now.
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/243634/ghost-riders-looks-and-attacked-looks#latest
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

Kill_Grey said:

Longshot is like the Domino of the mystics.

I think both Symbiote and Sorceress Supreme share the 3rd spot.

I still don't understand why people would place sym supreme as highly as sorcerer. It makes no sense to me whatsoever.

To me, sym doesn't even break the top 8 mystics.
    Because of his complete dominance in buff heavy matchups. If you've used him in those matches best suited for him, there's no denying his usefulness.

Also, who would you place above him?
    That is basically the only thing he does.

I'd put Doom, Claire, sorcerer, tigra, Morningstar, Mojo, dragon man, Longshot, above him. Even mephisto and dormammu have much more utility than him.
    @Kill_Grey
    As the owner of both a R4 5* SS and 6* R1 SS, I disagree. Even a small amount of buffs allows him to quickly get his cycle going. Buffs are still one of the most common ability in the game, more than 1%.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★

Qacob said:

Qacob said:

Knew the Claire fan club would turn this into a train wreck, but didn't expect the Sym squad to come crawling out of the woodwork.

Do you actually like any character? Whenever people say good things about literally any champion you always come in with your crippling negativity about them.
    That's not even remotely true but keep trying
    Well I'd hope its not true. Just never seen you really getting behind a champion is all.
    For one, I think arguing over top whatever order is one of the dumbest biggest wastes of time you can possibly do. Two, I just think most of people's reasonings for saying Claire, and in this case, Sym are so good are just either completely wrong or grossly overstated.

I have 6* Doom, Sorcerer, and Sym at R3 and Claire will be the 4th. They're all good champs that have their uses. I still think Sorcerer is easily the 2nd most useful mystic behind Doom unless you're a permanent suicide user or absolutely need immunity for a specific matchup, which is the absolute only situation I'd ever use Claire over any of the other 3.
    Then you don't know Claire at all.
  • EgretM4EgretM4 Posts: 171 ★★
    Thanks for the advice. I’m on 6.2.4 now but I’ll be to him soon after some farming.
  • QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★

Qacob said:

Qacob said:

Knew the Claire fan club would turn this into a train wreck, but didn't expect the Sym squad to come crawling out of the woodwork.

Do you actually like any character? Whenever people say good things about literally any champion you always come in with your crippling negativity about them.
    Well I'd hope its not true. Just never seen you really getting behind a champion is all.
    For one, I think arguing over top whatever order is one of the dumbest biggest wastes of time you can possibly do. Two, I just think most of people's reasonings for saying Claire, and in this case, Sym are so good are just either completely wrong or grossly overstated.

I have 6* Doom, Sorcerer, and Sym at R3 and Claire will be the 4th. They're all good champs that have their uses. I still think Sorcerer is easily the 2nd most useful mystic behind Doom unless you're a permanent suicide user or absolutely need immunity for a specific matchup, which is the absolute only situation I'd ever use Claire over any of the other 3.
    I think he probably does

Qacob said:

Qacob said:

These are always my favorite responses, especially when they're from newer players, with probably less than quarter of the champs I have access to at best, and that have barely finished any content in the game. You're right, you probably have much more experience with them than I do....

I personally don't find her necessary or even the best choice almost ever. In fact, the ONLY time I ever wished I had a ranked up Claire before I ranked her was the V5 SW. I had to use my R4 5* and then promptly ranked my 6* when I had the opportunity. I've not once said she was even remotely anything but a very good champ. All I've ever said is I feel she's grossly overrated by suicide users and people with smaller rosters (they have far more need for a champ to cover multiple bases even if they don't cover them the best).

Feel free to continue to teach me from all your own personal experience with all these champs across various areas of the game though.