**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Punishment glutton and Danger Sense

I have been using Blade on the new cavalier event quests where skill champions get a boost (Punishment Glutton-Skill attackers gain a permanent passive fury increasing attack rating X% each time a damaging debuff is purified or expires)

When Blade has Danger Sense active it causes that node to not activate, In the clip below I land approximately 10 bleeds before the first fury is gained and around 30 total for the entire fight to only get 2 furies. This does not happen when Blade does not have danger sense active.

https://youtu.be/UnRWcmy1Aog

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    It's normal. Happens with anyone else under the same scenario of ability accuracy reduction
  • OMC_PintoOMC_Pinto Posts: 101
    I didn't find any other discussions about that being a bug. Just because it is "normal" doesn't mean that it is functioning properly.
    Danger sense reduces the opponents ability accuracy (defender in this case)...Punishment glutton is an attacker ability. The 2 do not interact.
    That makes no sense... I will look for the threads on ability accuracy reduction since I previously looked specifically for Danger sense.
  • YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    OMC_Pinto said:

That makes no sense... I will look for the threads on ability accuracy reduction since I previously looked specifically for Danger sense.

Because it is a Defender Node, even though it applies positive effects to the attacker, it is still the opponent doing it.

An easy way to think of it is this.

Is the buff, ability, or effect part of your champion's base kit or one of their synergies? If yes, it is derived from your ability accuracy. If it is part of the opponent's kit or a node altering the fight, it will be derived from your opponent's ability accuracy.
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    OMC_Pinto said:

Danger sense reduces the opponents ability accuracy (defender in this case)...Punishment glutton is an attacker ability. The 2 do not interact.

Punishment Glutton is not an attacker's ability. In no way is Punishment Glutton stated anywhere in an attacker's Ability description. Punishment Glutton is a node that happens to benefit the player. It is still, however, a node, therefore is subject to AAR unless listed otherwise, meaning if you lower the AA of the opponent, there is a chance that said node will not proc.

@Notsavage19 specifically states attacker, and to your point its not a defender ability either. So still doesn't make sense why it would be reduced.

@YoMoves explanation makes sense, thank you.
    OMC_Pinto said:

@Notsavage19 specifically states attacker, and to your point its not a defender ability either. So still doesn't make sense why it would be reduced.

You're right, it's not a defender Ability. However, it's a defender Node, therefore subject to AAR reduction. It doesn't matter if it affects the attacker. Masochism affects the attacker in the sense that the attacker's debuff is removed and it affects the defender regenerates X% health, but that is subject to AAR, meaning that just because a node affects the attacker doesn't mean that it cannot be affected by AAR.
    @Notsavage19 Thank you, much more clear that way. I appreciate your patience
    OMC_Pinto said:

@Notsavage19 Thank you, much more clear that way. I appreciate your patience

NP, glad I could help.