**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Let’s talk about champion reach during attacks...

SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
Specifically in relation to Ghost’s special 2 attack. I’ve brought this up before on forums and it seems that not only am I not alone in experiencing this, but I have never heard a reason why it works this way (if it is indeed intended to be like this, and is not in fact a fairly important problem that should be solved).

So here is the situation:
for whatever reason, I throw Ghost’s special two animation and I am not close enough to the defender for it to hit (whether this be from bad timing, or just planning to whiff it because I just want to get at least one of the attacks to make contact). Unfortunate, but not every hit needs to connect for it to be an effective special attack, especially with guaranteed crits for every hit.
Here is the problem, in some cases, I have had the second hit fully connect with the opponent, and then the third hit does not reach far enough to make contact, even though once the second hit made contact, the defender stays in exactly the same position. This has happened over a number of game modes, and to a number of other Summoners.
To make this even more strange, I just fought an opponent with Ghost where both the first and second attack did not reach the opponent because they spammed dash-back but then somehow the third attack hit, without the defender moving any closer than they were during my second whiff.

I don’t see any way for this to be anything other than an unintended interaction, and would hope that it could be fixed. If for some reason I have misinterpreted the data somewhere between my eyes and my brain, or have not understood how this game works, let me know. Feel free to also add if you have seen this while fighting with another champ.

I’m hoping that a mod doesn’t move this to the bugs section because I’ve already made several posts over the last couple months of actually having a Ghost I can use and it apparently doesn’t seem to do anything, so I thought maybe a discussion in the general section might either explain this better or at least inform more people

Sorry for the long post, here’s a pun for your enjoyment:

What did the Black Panther put on his hotdog?
Wakandaments *slaps knee*

Comments

• Silver_GooseSilver_Goose Posts: 488 ★★★
    I dunno about the rest but i liked the pun 👍
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    I've noticed it a lot. Gonna have to start hunting for a 5* Wasp tbh.
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,936 ★★★★★
    I had an issue like this with iHulk where the sp1 was barely far enough back to where the final hit didn't connect.
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★

Ik that this is an issue, but in the time it isnt resolved just special intercept when they dash in and it never happens

I usually do, I was just tossing her with the Wasp synergy into the side quest for some low effort grinding so I wasn’t waiting for the perfect opportunity, I just threw the sp2 to finish them off whenever I got there.
    Kill_Grey said:

I've noticed it a lot. Gonna have to start hunting for a 5* Wasp tbh.

Yeah she’s definitely helpful. I do ghost without her a lot to have a more varied team, but Wasp just makes Ghosting about 20x less stressful. Hopefully you find your way to a Wasp soon.
  • Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,546 ★★★★★
    I’ve had a match where I used warlock vs spider ham and I dashed back to avoid his light attack then I dashed back again but got clipped by his heavy. I was not against the wall and this is probably the first time it’s ever happened.
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    This is the range of the special attack / hitbox interaction. It does not matter if the 2nd hit connects or not, it requires for you to be at a certain range, as the special attack can only travel a certain distance, if you throw it too far back your special attack may miss regardless if hit 2 connects or not.
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★

This is the range of the special attack / hitbox interaction. It does not matter if the 2nd hit connects or not, it requires for you to be at a certain range, as the special attack can only travel a certain distance, if you throw it too far back your special attack may miss regardless if hit 2 connects or not.

So you’re saying a multi-hit attack range is only based on where I started from? Even if one of the attacks moves me within striking distance of the defender?